The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   My Little Pony: The Movie (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57718)

TigerClaw 04-06-2017 05:06 PM

My Little Pony: The Movie

Lionsgate and Hasbro teamed up for My Little Pony: The Movie, an animated film based on the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic series.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/anima...railer-a150190

FredWolfLeonardo 04-06-2017 05:58 PM

I love the FiM show, so I'm sure I'll love this movie when I see it on the big screen. From the way its advertised, it seems like this movie could the finale for the show, as season 7 will probably end by the time the movie comes out.

In total, mlp FiM has given us at the very least, 7 seasons with 169 episodes, 4 spin off movies and one feature film coming out. That's quite a legacy for something that started out as a toy commercial.

Wildcat 04-06-2017 10:08 PM

Really looking forward to this. I love the show.

I know this might be the finale but I hope it's not.

LeotheLateBloomer 04-06-2017 10:40 PM

The hype is real! Still watch the show to this day.

I didn't read anything about this being the finale.

Coola Yagami 04-06-2017 11:02 PM

I'm sure this will be awesome news for about... 20 girls, and 40 billion guys.

Slade 04-06-2017 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1674689)

Right? I'll never understand it either.

Allio 04-06-2017 11:54 PM

Not really hard to understand, a good show is a good show, and some people don't let things like asthetics get to them

Utrommaniac 04-07-2017 12:01 AM

It looks like it might be using G1 characters...I may have dropped out, but I still recognize some of the redesigns by fans enough to know that Fire Fly is in there.

Coola Yagami 04-07-2017 12:01 AM

I don't know. I've heard from some people that it is a good show but I just personally don't care. Besides, even if it was a good show, how would you know? How many grown men randomly watch shows aimed at little girls just in case they happened to be turn out to be good shows?

Allio 04-07-2017 12:27 AM

honestly dropped MLP at the 100th episode, moved on with Ever After High...now that's some good ****. Before the rebranding, it was essentially Kamen Rider Gaim of little girl's cartoons.

It just has that right type of ****ed up situation where none of the characters are allowed to have happy childhoods. I find the characters so deep that I could almost drown in them (especially Ginger Breadhouse.)

Wildcat 04-07-2017 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1674703)
I don't know. I've heard from some people that it is a good show but I just personally don't care. Besides, even if it was a good show, how would you know? How many grown men randomly watch shows aimed at little girls just in case they happened to be turn out to be good shows?

I personally thought it looked cute and watched a couple episodes out of curiosity since it didn't seem like kindergarten material.

Don't you ever just check something out for the fun of it? Who cares who it's "supposed to be for" ?

Allio 04-07-2017 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1674703)

With regarding Ever After High, I caught an ad on Youtube. It essentially just said that if you don't act like a puppet and follow your lines, you die. So curious, I watch the first season of the show (about 45 minutes) and found the story to catch my attention.

I picked the first Ever After High book (which goes deeper into the first season) and got hooked with the characters and stories, and finding out the mysteries of the world. and despite the rebranding, I'm (for the most part) am enjoying the series 15 books in.

From character's past, to the bestiality, to Bella and Brutta, the death of Blue Fairy's daughter, to a god that is just ****ing with her creations, the series seems to have it all for me.

and it's a goldmine for theories for me (and I don't really jump on the theory wagons)

Shark_Blade 04-07-2017 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1674689)

It's a different era now, guys can like fluffy and cute stuff.

MLP is not my thing, but for the guys liking it: enjoy.

TigerClaw 04-07-2017 08:25 AM

They have a name for this fanbase, They call them Bronies.

TMNT_Guy 04-07-2017 09:33 AM

This could be the closest thing to a classic Disney-esque film since The Princess and the Frog in 2009, or the Winnie the Pooh movie in 2011, what with the 2D animation and musical numbers. Definitely looking forward to taking my niece to see it.

If the animation looks off to anyone, it's because the trailer people for whatever reason apparently messed up on the conversion process.

"They didn't convert the 16 bit images to 8 bit properly and it crushed all the shadows. I'm so depressed." explains MLP: the Movie's art director Rebecca Dart on Twitter, also commenting with "I never would have approved this. The animation looks so much better than this, trust me."

LeotheLateBloomer 04-07-2017 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1674757)
They have a name for this fanbase, They call them Bronies.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows this by now. I myself love this show but I don't see myself as something of a die-hard fan. It's very enjoyable and can be outright amusing at times. One of the earlier episodes I remember is when an anvil and piano fell on Twilight for trying to figure out Pinkie Pie's senses.:lol:

Prowler 04-08-2017 06:57 PM

I, too, always found it weird how so many grown men are into this show. I believe you if you say it has surprisingly good writing for a cartoon aimed at little girls... but what exactly is good writing for a cartoon with such target demographics? I mean, I also have liked shows targeted at female audiences before such as Nana and Sailor Moon before but those series are not aimed at 5 year old girls.

Maybe it all started as a joke and then word spread and thus got more grown men interested in it? I wonder if Winx Club had lots of male fans back in the day as well.

Coola Yagami 04-08-2017 07:13 PM

Exactly. One doesn't exactly see what is essentially a show for little girls and decide 'hmmm I think I'll watch it just in case it's secretly a good show'. Just like little girls that are into girly stuff wouldn't randomly watch Spawn and just in case there's a cuddly teddy bear in there somewhere.

I just never got into. Nowadays when I browse for new shows or series I tend to go for action packed or at least interesting anime.

TheSkeletonMan939 04-08-2017 07:21 PM

The ponies look cute, and have cute voices. That's the best guess I can make.

IndigoErth 04-08-2017 08:08 PM

For a min I almost thought an unknown one in the trailer might have been Firefly from back in the day... Has a moon or something on her butt though, not a lightning bolt. Darn.

I admit this cartoon has grown on me. (I swear though, if this or the series does not address Scootaloo's family absence... lol)