The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Big Hero 6 (2017 TV series) (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=54653)

TurtleTitan97 03-02-2016 09:47 AM

Big Hero 6 (2017 TV series)

Quote:

Bless this news. This morning, we received word that an animated Big Hero 6 television series will premiere on Disney XD in 2017!

Here’s what we know so far: The series picks up immediately following the events in the film. Hiro is the newest prodigy at San Fransokyo Institute of Technology, and he faces daunting academic challenges …. not to mention the social trials of being the little man on campus. Off campus, the stakes are raised for Big Hero 6 as they must protect their city from an array of scientifically enhanced villains.

We don’t know who those villains might be, but we do know that the gang is back—Hiro will be joined by Wasabi, Honey Lemon, Fred, Go Go, and Baymax (!!!). If you’re wondering how we’d rate our excitement, the answer is a resounding “ten.”
http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney...ero-6-tv-show/

http://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/up...w-1000x563.jpg

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 03-02-2016 09:58 AM

Loved the movie. Do not expect this to be good at all.

The quality difference will be the same as, say, the Kung Fu Panda movies and the cartoon.

drgon78 03-02-2016 10:24 AM

Well I hope it gets a theatrical sequel as well.

TurtleTitan97 03-02-2016 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1554973)

The quality difference will be the same as, say, the Kung Fu Panda movies and the cartoon.

Under normal circumstances, I'd agree with this statement. But I'm willing to hold onto a slight bit of hope considering the creators of Kim Possible are on board as executive producers.

So fingers cross this turns out to be a decent series.

Bry 03-02-2016 01:20 PM

Huh. I'm assuming that the promo art means it'll be a 2D-animated series? (Though that's assuming with very little information.) Hopefully hey get the whole cast back, or at least all of the main team. The characters and their world have a ton of charm and potential, so fingers crossed this turns out well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drgon78 (Post 1554978)
We I hope it gets a theatrical sequel as well.

I thought a sequel had been confirmed, but apparently not...? I'm hoping we still get one. I'd rather have another movie movie than "just" a show, and it made plenty of money, so it'd be strange not to get one

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 03-02-2016 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 (Post 1554998)
Under normal circumstances, I'd agree with this statement. But I'm willing to hold onto a slight bit of hope considering the creators of Kim Possible are on board as executive producers.

So fingers cross this turns out to be a decent series.

I dunno, man...

How to Train Your Dragon
Kung Fu Panda
Madascar

Seems like a given it'll be forgettable tripe. And Madagascar wasn't a very good film series to begin with.

TurtleTitan97 03-02-2016 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1555003)
I dunno, man...

How to Train Your Dragon
Kung Fu Panda
Madascar

Seems like a given it'll be forgettable tripe. And Madagascar wasn't a very good film series to begin with.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree until actual footage shows up. For me at least, having the creators of Kim Possible in charge of the show is a positive sign.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 03-02-2016 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 (Post 1555022)
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree until actual footage shows up. For me at least, having the creators of Kim Possible in charge of the show is a positive sign.

Hey, at least if you're right and I'm wrong, I get a pleasant surprise! :tlol:

Shark_Blade 03-02-2016 03:38 PM

If it doesn't have Tadashi then it'll be poop.

Bry 03-02-2016 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 1555035)
If it doesn't have Tadashi then it'll be poop.

Like... in flashbacks? Because the show takes place after the movie. And he died in the movie. So...

Splinter the boss 03-02-2016 05:10 PM

That movie was pretty cool, that professor guy had no heart if I recall correctly. However, I disagree with the fact that there will be a series adaptation. I would very much rather they kept as a movie series, turning it into a TV series will just take the fun out of it, soon It'll go downhill.

Will it be 2d animated? Because if it is, I won't even bother.

Aaronardo 03-02-2016 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1554973)
Loved the movie. Do not expect this to be good at all.

I dunno. I mean, Disney has never been one for truly bad shows, especially recently (barring Pickle & Peanut). Plus, with the way they've been treating Star Wars, I have to get my hopes up.

Basically, Disney's never given any movie a series treatment barring Lilo & Stitch, and that was obviously just to cash in on the popularity. Big Hero 6 is already a property with a lot of story behind it, thanks to the comics, that they could take inspiration, and they can take all the time they need, since it's not incredibly popular. So, don't get your hopes down yet.

ProactiveMan 03-02-2016 05:59 PM

I think the concept lends itself to a series. The movie didn't really give them a lot of time to develop the team, as it was mostly concerned with Baymax and that kid. That's not a criticism, but a series could be an oportunity to flesh the team out.

drgon78 03-02-2016 07:28 PM

The How to train your dragon TV series was good but the rest of the ones based on dreamworks movies were bad.

Donatello19 03-02-2016 08:44 PM

I'm so excited for this! And don't forget about the Tangled TV series that's coming as well!

Mew 03-03-2016 03:49 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEdvb...D2Vi/giphy.gif

Shark_Blade 03-03-2016 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bry (Post 1555047)
Like... in flashbacks? Because the show takes place after the movie. And he died in the movie. So...

I read somewhere they plan for Tadashi to be alive, even as a villain for the sequel. That or as flashback, I can deal with that. Just gimme damn Tadashi!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donatello19 (Post 1555092)
I'm so excited for this! And don't forget about the Tangled TV series that's coming as well!

Tangled? It better be the blonde Rapunzel instead of the ugly brown hair.

drgon78 03-03-2016 05:25 AM

Tangled series, can't see that working. Now a Wreck It Ralph or Zootopia TV series I can see. I am surprised they are not doing a Frozen TV series.

ProactiveMan 03-03-2016 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mew (Post 1555140)

Wish I was that baboon.

TLP 03-03-2016 10:35 AM

It's going to be in 2D traditional animation, according to the showrunner.

I'm really looking forward to this. Also, I'd love to see an dimension hopping episode where they meet the Avengers or Spider-Man.