The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Fan Works Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   [Fan Comic] Tales of the TMNT Special (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59472)

Nortock Diab 01-27-2018 11:11 AM

Tales of the TMNT Special
 
I have been working for quite some time on a TMNT fan comic project and I am now able to show it to you Dromers.

To give you a clue of the context and content, everything started when I acquired 10 pages of an original Italian story published in 1995.
These 10 pages form the full story and to my knowledge, it has never been reprinted nor translated.

I wanted to share this story so more people would be able to enjoy it.
Thus, I translated it in English.
I also wanted to add my touch to it by drawing a Frontispiece and an epilogue page.
To put the lid on it, it had to look like a real comic book and a cover was commissioned to a French artist.

The full story is now available online following this link.

https://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/19/48/76/20/cover_10.jpg

https://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/19/48/76/20/teaser11.png

And for French speaking people, here are more information about original Italian TMNT and the creation process of Tales of the TMNT Special.
- General article
- List of original Italian publications
- Il Giornalino #16 1995 / Tales of the TMNT Special

I hope you enjoy it!

Sabacooza 01-27-2018 11:26 AM

Awesome! I love stuff like this. Very nice art! It would be cool to see more of these comics translated and released for us English speaking folk but I appreciate even getting this. Thanks for sharing.

Nortock Diab 01-27-2018 11:38 AM

You are welcome.
Thanks for your nice words.

I really dig this Italian art as well. That's what led me to buy the whole set of pages and run this project.

oldmanwinters 01-27-2018 01:19 PM

Hey, great work! I own a whole bunch of Il Giornalino issues, if you'd like to continue your work:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/wax.../Il_Giornalino

Sabacooza 01-27-2018 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1742237)
Hey, great work! I own a whole bunch of Il Giornalino issues, if you'd like to continue your work:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/wax.../Il_Giornalino

Awesome! Thanks for the link. I'll definitely add these to my collection. Not sure if I'm correct about the artist's name but I love S. Fenzo's art.

Nortock Diab 01-29-2018 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1742237)
Hey, great work! I own a whole bunch of Il Giornalino issues, if you'd like to continue your work:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/wax.../Il_Giornalino

That rocks!
Do you own the magazines or just the scans?
I will definitely use these to update the index on Tortuepedia.

Regarding my work, I'm not against doing another shot if I can find another full story in original art :tgrin:.

I'm curious to have some feedback on the story in Tales of the TMNT Special :tsmile:.

oldmanwinters 01-29-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabacooza (Post 1742239)
Awesome! Thanks for the link. I'll definitely add these to my collection. Not sure if I'm correct about the artist's name but I love S. Fenzo's art.

Oh, yeah, Fenzo really did some nice work during his brief stint on the TMNT franchise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nortock Diab (Post 1742417)
That rocks!
Do you own the magazines or just the scans?
I will definitely use these to update the index on Tortuepedia.

Regarding my work, I'm not against doing another shot if I can find another full story in original art :tgrin:.

I'm curious to have some feedback on the story in Tales of the TMNT Special :tsmile:.

So glad you like it!

For all the scans uploaded, I own the full issues... although there might be a few missing pages from issue to issue.

I'm sending you a PM regarding possible original art.

Nortock Diab 03-13-2018 04:17 AM

Mark posted its review of the Italian story on TMNT Entity.

A big thanks goes to him! :tparty:

I'm really glad Assalto al Treno and more widely Italian stories from this period are gaining visibility.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 03-17-2018 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nortock Diab (Post 1751306)
Mark posted its review of the Italian story on TMNT Entity.

A big thanks goes to him! :tparty:

I'm really glad Assalto al Treno and more widely Italian stories from this period are gaining visibility.

I think there are more TMNT comics from various countries, waiting for being translated into English.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.