The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Questions/Comments/Suggestions (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Question] New Member waiting times (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=61870)

Dejablue 09-17-2019 08:58 AM

New Member waiting times

New Members have to wait.....how long before they get let in? I'm asking for a guy who would like to be a member. He sent a pm to the technodrome twitter but got no response. I know its just likely the twitter is checked infrequently tho.

But I have this terrible feeling people who want to join this place have to wait like a year to get in don't they? :cry:

newfan 09-17-2019 09:31 AM

I don't know what the system is but looking at the introductions section it looks like the last few were August this year. I remember Krang saying he had a new system in place for this so may be a little more frequent than previously.

I was lucky to have very good timing when I joined, I think I only had to wait about 2/3 weeks.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 09-17-2019 10:24 AM

We model our admittance on U.S. immigration policies. Try the southern border. :twink:

Andrew NDB 09-17-2019 10:26 AM

Yeah, we used to do "catch and release" but they all the new members ended up being Etsy or Mew2 or whatever. Now it's "zero tolerance" -- wait for your court date with Krang and it could be months.

CyberCubed 09-17-2019 01:26 PM

9-12 months seems the average wait time now.

sdp 09-17-2019 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1819513)
Yeah, we used to do "catch and release" but they all the new members ended up being Etsy or Mew2 or whatever. Now it's "zero tolerance" -- wait for your court date with Krang and it could be months.

So krang gave Mew/Etsy the power to kill the forums ironically enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by newfan (Post 1819501)
I don't know what the system is but looking at the introductions section it looks like the last few were August this year. I remember Krang saying he had a new system in place for this so may be a little more frequent than previously.

I was lucky to have very good timing when I joined, I think I only had to wait about 2/3 weeks.

So a year ago? That's the last time krang was active I think.

IndigoErth 09-17-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1819531)
9-12 months seems the average wait time now.

And by then people have probably forgotten, or at least forgotten their login. :tconfuse:

Andrew NDB 09-17-2019 09:38 PM

To be fair, if it's like my Green Lantern board (same software), every day about 100 bots manage to sign up (even -- somehow -- defeating the "Are you a human?" captcha and even answering "Who is your favorite Green Lantern?" as a security question) and get to the "awaiting approval" phase. It gets very hard to sift through who is legit and who is not.

Dejablue 09-17-2019 10:45 PM

Hmm So I guess vouching for someone wouldn't do any good, eh?

Well all I can say is this person I know is obviously a human. They are in my discord server and would like to be a member of this forum. But I warned him that the wait could take half of eternity.

Prowler 09-18-2019 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1819579)
To be fair, if it's like my Green Lantern board (same software), every day about 100 bots manage to sign up (even -- somehow -- defeating the "Are you a human?" captcha and even answering "Who is your favorite Green Lantern?" as a security question) and get to the "awaiting approval" phase. It gets very hard to sift through who is legit and who is not.

There's quite some intelligent bots nowadays. So yeah.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 09-18-2019 10:16 AM

But does Andrew just automatically deny approval to anyone who says Jessica Cruz is their favorite Lantern?

I need to know, Andrew... I NEED TO KNOW!!! :tlol:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ca_Cruz%29.jpg

Andrew NDB 09-18-2019 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1819627)
But does Andrew just automatically deny approval to anyone who says Jessica Cruz is their favorite Lantern?

I need to know, Andrew... I NEED TO KNOW!!! :tlol:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ca_Cruz%29.jpg

The last time I updated the security question was before her or Simon Baz (AKA "Muslim GL™") were even a dream in Geoff's hacky little mind.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 09-18-2019 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1819628)
The last time I updated the security question was before her or Simon Baz (AKA "Muslim GL™") were even a dream in Geoff's hacky little mind.

No wonder my request to join hasn't been approved. I keep looking for her in the list of options. :trazz:

CyberCubed 09-19-2019 08:52 AM

Maybe it’s time the forums get shut down altogether. Is this place really worth the bills?

newfan 09-19-2019 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1819714)
Maybe it’s time the forums get shut down altogether. Is this place really worth the bills?

I know you didn't mean that Cubed.

Dejablue 09-22-2019 04:08 PM

Quote:

Lol. Yikes.

How much does it cost?

Krang 10-08-2019 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dejablue (Post 1819497)
New Members have to wait.....how long before they get let in? I'm asking for a guy who would like to be a member. He sent a pm to the technodrome twitter but got no response. I know its just likely the twitter is checked infrequently tho.

But I have this terrible feeling people who want to join this place have to wait like a year to get in don't they? :cry:

As newfan said, we have a new approval system in place. Sorry, I haven't checked the Twitter account recently, but new members will generally be approved in a few days at most if they follow the directions on the screen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1819579)

Yes, this is exactly why we had to change the approval process.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dejablue (Post 1819583)
Hmm So I guess vouching for someone wouldn't do any good, eh?

Well all I can say is this person I know is obviously a human. They are in my discord server and would like to be a member of this forum. But I warned him that the wait could take half of eternity.

Please feel free to post the username (or PM it to me), and I'll approve the account right away. Anyone else who can vouch for someone pending approval is free to do so, too.

Quote:

I have no plans to shut down the forums. There are no major issues in keeping them running at this point.

The Deadman 10-10-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

Where else would you go to post about people being too old for cartoons? Reddit?

Dejablue 11-27-2019 08:12 PM

Huh well I feel like crap since Krang responsed to this thread and I was...nowhere to be found. Just call me a hypocrite.

My friends name is "Turtle_Bot". Ironic yes but that's the name he chose.

sdp 11-28-2019 11:20 AM

Now they'll have to wait until Oct 2020