The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Kevin Eastmans New Project (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58468)

RatKingLeo 08-01-2017 04:27 PM

Kevin Eastmans New Project

Not sure if anyones posted about this somewhere but Kevin Eastman is Co-Creating a new project called "Drawing Blood" it features TMNT cover artist Ben Bishop. The Kickstarter went live today and is 25% funded after 5 hours. Here is the link to check it out

http://https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2073065927/kevin-eastmans-drawing-blood-vol-1-a-graphic-novel?ref=nav_search

Andrew NDB 08-01-2017 04:37 PM

I've been seeing this here and there but I'm still a bit confused. Is Kevin Eastman writing it and drawing it? Is he even drawing it at all? The page doesn't appear to have an answer. Just based on the art I see (not his) and the general vibe of it, it seems like he's only peripherally involved, covers, maybe a short in it.

dl316bh 08-01-2017 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1703870)
I've been seeing this here and there but I'm still a bit confused. Is Kevin Eastman writing it and drawing it? Is he even drawing it at all? The page doesn't appear to have an answer. Just based on the art I see (not his) and the general vibe of it, it seems like he's only peripherally involved, covers, maybe a short in it.

Reading the Kickstarter closely, it sounds a lot like his involvement with the IDW Turtles. He's co-plotting with someone else doing the full scripts.

RatKingLeo 08-01-2017 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1703870)

From listening to some interviews and reading the Kickstarter page I think he is Co-Writing it and adidng covers and some interior art. It almost seems like an exaggeration of Eastmans life. A young man Shane Bookman creates The Radically Rearranged Ronin Ragdolls (a play on TMNT) fame and fortune hits him hard and I believe the book will detail the stories of Bookman dealing with his life after fame hits.

RatKingLeo 08-01-2017 05:05 PM

Ben Bishop is the main artist on the story

Utrommaniac 08-01-2017 05:26 PM

I saw this one Facebook and left a comment about the idea Ragdoll cat ronin (just the right floppiness for martial arts) - which he and Courtney left likes on.

pferreira 08-03-2017 09:00 AM

It seems very autobiographical. I imagine it'll do well at least critically.

eskater 08-04-2017 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatKingLeo (Post 1703879)
From listening to some interviews and reading the Kickstarter page I think he is Co-Writing it and adidng covers and some interior art. It almost seems like an exaggeration of Eastmans life. A young man Shane Bookman creates The Radically Rearranged Ronin Ragdolls (a play on TMNT) fame and fortune hits him hard and I believe the book will detail the stories of Bookman dealing with his life after fame hits.

I backed it, I'm genuinely interested in it just because Eastman seems to be putting a lot of thought into it. Like maybe since it's taking cues from his life we'll get a new perspective from him on how those early years went on possibly?

Utrommaniac 08-04-2017 10:03 AM

I'm just really into the reimagining with Ragdoll cats. I mean, he could have used Maine Coons or Bombays, Siamese, or even Bengals, something fairly big and bad@$$, but he used the breed famous for floppiness and amicability.

At least there's a possibility for the Ragdolls to have differences in appearance to set them apart aside from weaponry, thus allowing them to share a single color uniform/mask.
http://www.5280ragdolls.com/cat%20color.jpg

I'd even guess that Shane is a merger of Eastman and Laird in some way.

eskater 08-07-2017 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1704664)
I'd even guess that Shane is a merger of Eastman and Laird in some way.

You think so? I thought Shane would just be Eastman with a twist.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 08-07-2017 07:42 AM

If Shane is just Eastman with a twist, will Laird be parodied at all?

eskater 08-07-2017 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** (Post 1705492)
If Shane is just Eastman with a twist, will Laird be parodied at all?

That's a good question, even if he is parodied what direction will that take?

ToTheNines 08-07-2017 07:51 AM

Sounds like the Laird stand-in is Shane's brother who gets a loan from mobsters. Weird...

eskater 08-07-2017 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1705495)
Sounds like the Laird stand-in is Shane's brother who gets a loan from mobsters. Weird...

Yeah, at least a little bit. I know it's fiction but it's at least somewhat of a look into what Kevin thinks when he thinks about in those early days. I won't analyze it too much though.

funatic 08-09-2017 11:09 PM

Did anyone here pledge for the $250 TMNT mystery box? Definitely interested what that will include!

eskater 08-10-2017 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funatic (Post 1706313)
Did anyone here pledge for the $250 TMNT mystery box? Definitely interested what that will include!

I wish! Plus they keep adding goodies to the project....it'll be interesting to see what's in the mystery box for sure!

RatKingLeo 08-26-2017 07:54 AM

Only 5 days left for this Kickstarter, just over $5K left to get fully funded. I just thought I would mention some cool TMNT related rewards left.

So many cool Kevin Eastman rewards, Sketch covers, TMNT cover roughs, a 30 minute skype call, signed books, but coolest of all an ultimate VIP experience where he flies you out to San Diego and you hang with him for the day!

They have added more of the previously SOLD OUT TMNT mystery boxes filled with tons of random TMNT goodness from Kevin Himself!

TMNT cover artist and main artist on the project Ben Bishop has been offering up TMNT sketch covers as an add on to your pledge check his Facebook page for details. You can also get a super rare Eastman-Bishop sketch cover team up! Also original art pages from Drawing Blood!

TMNT vet Frank Fosco has his own version of a Ragdoll up for grabs as a reward

Bill Walko has a cool deal he mentioned through his facebook if you buy his Ragdoll art reward level he will also include a April O'Neil drawing and 3 TMNT prints! You just have to mention it to him on Facebook that you grabbed his reward!

There May be more to come who knows? Randomly Throughout the campaign art from TMNT legends Steve Lavigne, Jim Lawson and Matteus Santolouco popped up!

Go to http://drawingbloodcomic.com to check everything out!!

DestronMirage22 08-26-2017 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatKingLeo (Post 1709808)
Only 5 days left for this Kickstarter, just over $5K left to get fully funded. I just thought I would mention some cool TMNT related rewards left.

So many cool Kevin Eastman rewards, Sketch covers, TMNT cover roughs, a 30 minute skype call, signed books, but coolest of all an ultimate VIP experience where he flies you out to San Diego and you hang with him for the day!

They have added more of the previously SOLD OUT TMNT mystery boxes filled with tons of random TMNT goodness from Kevin Himself!

TMNT cover artist and main artist on the project Ben Bishop has been offering up TMNT sketch covers as an add on to your pledge check his Facebook page for details. You can also get a super rare Eastman-Bishop sketch cover team up! Also original art pages from Drawing Blood!

TMNT vet Frank Fosco has his own version of a Ragdoll up for grabs as a reward

Bill Walko has a cool deal he mentioned through his facebook if you buy his Ragdoll art reward level he will also include a April O'Neil drawing and 3 TMNT prints! You just have to mention it to him on Facebook that you grabbed his reward!

There May be more to come who knows? Randomly Throughout the campaign art from TMNT legends Steve Lavigne, Jim Lawson and Matteus Santolouco popped up!

Go to http://drawingbloodcomic.com to check everything out!!

Wow, this is starting to sound like a really cool project. I'd love to see the kind of goodies people who backed it that much will get.

If only I could help back it. :(

eskater 08-26-2017 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 (Post 1709930)
Wow, this is starting to sound like a really cool project. I'd love to see the kind of goodies people who backed it that much will get.

If only I could help back it. :(

You can still hop on! They met the original goal but there's a stretch goal still I think. Definitely worth something

RatKingLeo 08-27-2017 08:21 AM

They hit their goal yesterday and they dropped a bunch of prices to try to hit their 100K stretch goal, you can now get Eastman cover blue line art, the Russian tmnt book with 4 turtle head sketch, and a Bishop/Eastman team up sketch cover all for less!

They also added more of the preciuosly sold out TMNT pizza cookbook signed with a turtle headsketch by kevin!

http://drawingbloodcomic.com