The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Will this series ever see a nostalgic resurgence? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58770)

Spike Spiegel 09-19-2017 06:23 AM

Will this series ever see a nostalgic resurgence?

The 4Kids show premiered almost fifteen years ago. With the important role that nostalgia plays in many prominent media franchises, when do you think TMNT fans and casuals/regular people will start looking back fondly at the 2003 series on a more collective level?

Powder 09-19-2017 06:29 AM

I don't see it happening at all.

TheSkeletonMan939 09-19-2017 09:46 AM

Yeah, unfortunately I think the Nick show has thoroughly overshadowed it.

neatoman 09-19-2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 (Post 1715616)

Not sure if that's actually true or if people just paying more attention to it because it's technically not over yet. Season 1 was indeed a bit of a ratings darling but it was mostly mediocre mediocre ratings since then and it got so bad midway through season 5 they decided to dump the rest on Nicktoons, where it can't be expected to even get a quarter of the ratings. I don't even see much attention online outside of here.

Just watch, in a couple of months the Nick section here is going to be brought to a crawl, just like the PD section.

Andrew NDB 09-19-2017 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 (Post 1715616)

That's TPTB's hope and intent, I'm sure.

neatoman 09-19-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1715626)
That's TPTB's hope and intent, I'm sure.

I'm sure about that either but it does seem confusing how they treat the show. They gave it marathon but no regular airings, the show is available digitally but is missing 4 seasons and then there's the DVDs...

They're not even quarter-assing it but it's not exactly buried either...

FredWolfLeonardo 09-19-2017 10:53 AM

I believe people will start appreciating the 2k3 show alot more when Rise of the Tmnt starts airing.

I can see it having more of a nostalgic following than the Nick show in the distant future though.

plastroncafe 09-19-2017 11:01 AM

Do we know if it's streaming anywhere?

TheSkeletonMan939 09-19-2017 11:02 AM

Amazon has certain seasons; maybe iTunes as well.

neatoman 09-19-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1715646)
Do we know if it's streaming anywhere?

The first three seasons can be bought on Amazon digitally. I guess that's the best official option.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/deta..._season_select

IndigoErth 09-19-2017 11:22 AM

I never saw it on tv, only binge watched it online a few years ago. But truth be told, though I rarely post in this section, I actually really wish a new series would pick up where this one left off and bring back the designs similar/same as it had for most seasons.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 09-19-2017 11:27 AM

No, 4Kids is never gonna "resurge."

But mark my words, after a few years and this "Rise of the Turtles" cartoon, nobody is going to remember the Nick cartoon, either.

But everyone will continue to remember the Fred Wolf cartoon... because that's how this works. :trazz:

CyberCubed 09-19-2017 11:48 AM

Yes it will, and tons of 4kids elements and characters like Hun and Bishop have already continued into other series and canons.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 09-19-2017 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1715656)
Yes it will, and tons of 4kids elements and characters like Hun and Bishop have already continued into other series and canons.

Elements being reused is a far cry from public/popular resurgence, homeboy.

Spike Spiegel 09-19-2017 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1715653)

But everyone will continue to remember the Fred Wolf cartoon... because that's how this works. :trazz:

It's the TMNT equivalent of Adam West Batman...:ohwell:

Andrew NDB 09-19-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel (Post 1715670)

Without there ever being a Tim Burton coming out of left field in film and a Frank Miller in comics it'd still be that way.

ABrown 09-19-2017 12:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel (Post 1715670)

I do NOT understand why people say that. The TMNT equivalent of the Adam West Batman series is the Next Mutation series. When it comes to Batman, the closest thing to the original TMNT cartoon is this:

plastroncafe 09-19-2017 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABrown (Post 1715680)
I do NOT understand why people say that. The TMNT equivalent of the Adam West Batman series is the Next Mutation series. When it comes to Batman, the closest thing to the original TMNT cartoon is this:

Because prior to the Burton movie if you asked the average someone about Batman they'd have thought you were talking about the West show...and not the comic.

Much the same way most people think of the FW toon, rather than the Mirage book.

Andrew NDB 09-19-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABrown (Post 1715680)
I do NOT understand why people say that. The TMNT equivalent of the Adam West Batman series is the Next Mutation series.

Not remotely. Most people weren't even aware it ever existed. NT:TNM was never "The real TMNT" to anyone, ever.

Fred Wolf? Pervasive as hell.

CyberCubed 09-19-2017 01:27 PM

Any long running franchise always has it's first incarnation, or whichever was the most popular, overshadow everything that came after.

It's the same thing in the Pokemon fandom, with a bunch of delusionals who still think Misty/Brock or the original 151 pokemon are the only things that matter...even though the Pokemon franchise is now 20 years old and we're on gen 7. Just look at all the casuals getting excited over Misty/Brock getting a cameo in the current anime.

It's the same thing TMNT fans do when we have those 80's crossovers in the Nick cartoon or back in Turtles Forever. Or how hyped everyone is to see a new incarnation of Bebop and Rocksteady.