The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Full House To Return (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=45201)

MikeandRaph87 04-22-2015 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donatello19 (Post 1447434)
At first I was really excited to see that there was going to be a new series, but after looking into it more, this doesn't seem like it's going to be much. As some other people here have said, this just seems like a gender swap. And the fact that it will only be on Netflix is very irritating as I don't even have Netflix, ugh.

Kinda sucks that DJ is going to be a single mom though, maybe they couldn't get Scott Weinger back to play Steve? Hopefully we'll get to see most of the original cast, although I have doubts about certain people returning...

So yeah, I have pretty mixed feelings on this :ohwell:

While Scott directs from time to time or does the voice of Aladdin I am sure he is open to it. He does come to the private reunions despite being a regular for just seasons six and seven so its likely the plot that was settled on. Hope Gail Edwards shows up as well as Blake and Dylan Tuomy-Wilhoit. I am cautiously optimistic of this gender reversal. All that is left to say is , "Listen Lori, When The Heart Call you home to San Francisco, you answer it!".

Raph's Girl 04-22-2015 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donatello19 (Post 1447434)
Kinda sucks that DJ is going to be a single mom though, maybe they couldn't get Scott Weinger back to play Steve?

Well there was that cameo in The Neighbors last year where DJ and Steve (or whatever their names were) were married and moving into the neighborhood. So Im sure Scott could pop up in Fuller House.

Leo656 04-22-2015 10:37 PM

Eh, a "gender-swap" is kinda lazy but it also makes sense.

"Girl Meets World" is pretty much the exact same show as its predecessor, except it's about two girls instead of two boys, and from what I've read people really like that show. I don't think it's any coincidence at all that once that show did okay, then this show got announced. The way the business tends to follow trends and "what's hot" at the moment, it seems kind of natural.

I don't Netflix so I won't see this for a really long time, but I'm intrigued.

Raph's Girl 04-24-2015 07:04 PM

Yay!!! Scott Weinger is apparantly in talks of popping up in Fuller House!!

This is what he posted on Twitter:
Quote:

I'm touched by everybody's concern for Steve's welfare. All I can say is, things are in the works for your favorite over-eater!
https://us.beamly.com/tv-news/2015/0...-fuller-house/

MikeandRaph87 04-24-2015 07:36 PM

Thanks or the update. Steve cant be their dad but step-dad.:ohwell:

If Vickie Larsen (Gail Edwards) could be DJ's step-mom it might be alright.

TheCanadiandrome 04-25-2015 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1446674)
HAH. Pop.

And Full House is on like 4 hours a day to this day. I'm surprised anybody hasn't seen the entire series three times over by now. :lol:

It's on Netflix in Canada

Raph's Girl 04-25-2015 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome (Post 1449053)
It's on Netflix in Canada

I did a quick search yesterday. Turns out Nickelodeon airs like 4 Full House eps everyday...

Leo656 04-26-2015 11:13 AM

Yep. And when you factor in how some of those channels have East Coast and West Coast stations, you get even more episodes per day.

It's like, whenever there's absolutely nothing at ALL on TV... there's always Full House. :lol:

MikeandRaph87 05-07-2015 03:46 PM

Dave Coulier is bringing Joey Gladstone back. Still no word on Danny(Bob, Lori (Becky) and Michelle(Ashley Olsen probably). Dylan and Blake said Nicky and Alex will have to be recast as they prefer to live regular lives.

http://news.yahoo.com/joeys-back-dav...QDBHNlYwNzcg--

Raph's Girl 05-07-2015 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1455544)
Dave Coulier is bringing Joey Gladstone back.

Wonder if "Uncle" Joey is into the new TMNT series as much as he was into the original? *lol*

MikeandRaph87 05-07-2015 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raph's Girl (Post 1455581)
Wonder if "Uncle" Joey is into the new TMNT series as much as he was into the original? *lol*

That always irks me when he is referred to as "Uncle". Michelle addresses this like a breaking the fourth wall joke when she temporarily lost her memory in the finale. One of the articles reporting this titled it Uncle Joey Returns To Full House".:trolleye:

He probably would be with Nick giving it visibility but if it is shown is the question.

Jester 05-07-2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1455590)
That always irks me when he is referred to as "Uncle". Michelle addresses this like a breaking the fourth wall joke when she temporarily lost her memory in the finale. One of the articles reporting this titled it Uncle Joey Returns To Full House".:trolleye:

He probably would be with Nick giving it visibility but if it is shown is the question.

Glad I'm not the only one. He was never called Uncle Joey.

BubblyShell22 05-08-2015 07:43 AM

No, Joey was Danny's best friend, not their uncle. Michelle confused this when she lost her memory, and it makes sense, too. I just hate that this is on Netflix when they could always put it on Disney Channel if they want to.

TheCanadiandrome 05-08-2015 02:05 PM

can't wait for the premiere

mexichrist83 05-09-2015 04:17 PM

It boggles my mind that people are so excited over this show. I just don't get it. It was so overly cutesy, safe and worst of all unfunny. It was like the 90s version of The Brady Bunch. :-?

I can't talk too much because when this show was on I was more interested in Saved by the Bell which is a cheesy show too but at least it was genuinely funny (sometimes because of it's dumbness). :tlol:

TheCanadiandrome 05-09-2015 05:04 PM

yeah see i never saw the appeal of SBTB really, thought it was overrated

Powder 05-09-2015 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mexichrist83 (Post 1456401)
I was more interested in Saved by the Bell which is a cheesy show too but at least it was genuinely funny

That one show is funny & another is not is your opinion, not fact.

& while it was a family show, it did have it's fair share of innuendo, insults, etc.

mexichrist83 05-09-2015 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1456414)
That one show is funny & another is not is your opinion, not fact.

& while it was a family show, it did have it's fair share of innuendo, insults, etc.

I never stated that it was a fact. It was a simple statement that was in my opinion. What's with people here? Does everyone need to start putting the words "in my opinion" after every statement so people don't automatically take a statement personally, get butthurt and assume that the poster is stating something as a fact? :trolleye:

Powder 05-09-2015 05:59 PM

If you come into a thread that is celebrating something, bash it, & go on to say what is superior to it, what sort of response should you be met with? Shall I compliment you now?

mexichrist83 05-09-2015 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1456430)
If you come into a thread that is celebrating something, bash it, & go on to say what is superior to it, what sort of response should you be met with? Shall I compliment you now?

First of all, I was merely stating that I did not understand the appeal of Full House nor did I understand the excitement over the new show. I also simply stated my opinions on why I personally did not like the show. I also never said that Saved by the Bell was a superior show. I just said that I liked it more during that time because that was a show that I personally found funnier and more entertaining. You're acting like I personally insulted you and told you that you're stupid for liking Full House or something. Over Full House of all things. I'm not sorry for not understanding the appeal of the old and new show or stating my light criticisms of your precious sh!tcom. Save your compliments for someone who wants them. Geez, it's so touchy around here.