The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Forum Games (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Chatter (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=20287)

Cure 05-28-2007 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron (Post 520405)
I actually murdered a man for Wendy's once.

I also won a year supply of burgers from Checkers.

Checker's fries are the best.

cowabunga14 05-28-2007 05:46 PM

I've never heard of Checkers...

SassyGal 05-28-2007 07:52 PM

I have never seen a Checkers before. However, when I was in Florida, I ate at a Steak n' Shake & let me tell you, cheese sauce on a burger is oh so awesome :D

05-28-2007 07:58 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checkers_%28fast_food%29

Amazing restaurant chain. The fries are unreal.

SassyGal 05-28-2007 08:04 PM

OMG! Cheese sauce & bacon on your french fries???? :o Does it really get any better than that?? I am definitely going to have to hit one of those on my next trip south of the border! :D

Voltron 05-28-2007 09:08 PM

They serve the greasiest crap imaginable there. The story behind that night out front of the Checkers to get free burgers was something I'll long remember but always want to forget.

Just another Voltron story. . .

That Matt Guy 05-28-2007 09:32 PM

They had one of those here when I was a kid, I think I ate there once... wasn't anything great. Now it's a Sonic.

Everything is unequal to Whataburger.

GK Punk 05-28-2007 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor Strange (Post 520716)
They had one of those here when I was a kid, I think I ate there once... wasn't anything great. Now it's a Sonic.

Everything is unequal to Whataburger.

****ing signed.

Voltron 05-28-2007 09:48 PM

You know, for the life of my I can't find a damn Sonic around here. I think the closest one is two States south.

05-28-2007 09:51 PM

We get hundreds of Sonic commercials on TV around here, and yet there isn't one to be found anywhere. You wonder who does their advertising.

Voltron 05-28-2007 10:02 PM

It's a bunch of ass monkeys who want to piss me off. They do the same thing for Cici's pizza, an all you can eat pizza and ice cream buffet for under $6.

Anyone who really knows me understands that I get pissed on two occassions: One, when people take advantage of my kindness and

AND WHEN SOMEONE SAYS THERE'S GOING TO BE FOOD, AND THERE ISN'T. IF I EVER FOUND WHO ADVERTISED FOR THEM, I'D POP THEIR HEADS OFF LIKE A CORK AND DRINK THE CONTENTS OF THEIR TORSO LIKE A FINE WINE. I'D SUCK THEIR SOUL IN THROUGH MY MIND'S EYE AND SUBJECT IT TO EVERY NIGHTMARE I'VE EVER RAN THROUGH UNTIL THEIR SANITY MELTED LIKE AN ICE CUBE IN HELL. FIE! FIE UPON THEM ALL!

05-28-2007 10:12 PM

Yeah, what's up with this Cici's pizza?! I saw the commercial and got all excited. But where is one even located? Probably Alaska or something, where we can't go. Those terrorists!

Voltron 05-28-2007 10:13 PM

The closest one is in Maryland. Probably right next to the closest Sonic.

05-28-2007 10:14 PM

We may have to take a damn road trip. $6 for all you can eat pizza and other stuff? Come on. That's worth the adventure.

Jo Dawn 05-28-2007 10:29 PM

We actually have two Cici's pizzas near me. When I could eat it, it was awesome.

That Matt Guy 05-28-2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron (Post 520720)
You know, for the life of my I can't find a damn Sonic around here. I think the closest one is two States south.

There is seriously a Sonic ever 50 feet here. There are two within walking distance from my place, and probably another seven or so within a 10 minute drive.

gobo 05-29-2007 12:14 AM

I think there are two CiCi's restaurants in Baton Rouge. I know there's at least one. I prefer Pepperoni's though; more expensive but tastier. There are at least three of those in BR, but I'm not aware that it crosses parish (Louisiana's version of a County) lines. But, what really burns my biscuits... THERE ARE NO T.G.I.FRIDAY'Ses IN ALL OF THE STATE, BUT THE BASTARDS WON'T STOP TEMPTING ME TO SMASH MY TV WHEN THEIR COMMERCIALS COME ON AT LEAST ONCE EVERY HALF HOUR!! >:O

jeff the cheff 05-29-2007 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ai (Post 520721)
We get hundreds of Sonic commercials on TV around here, and yet there isn't one to be found anywhere. You wonder who does their advertising.

Same here....I want the food after seeing the commercial, but I've never seen one in real life.

Voltron 05-29-2007 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobo (Post 520757)
I think there are two CiCi's restaurants in Baton Rouge. I know there's at least one. I prefer Pepperoni's though; more expensive but tastier. There are at least three of those in BR, but I'm not aware that it crosses parish (Louisiana's version of a County) lines. But, what really burns my biscuits... THERE ARE NO T.G.I.FRIDAY'Ses IN ALL OF THE STATE, BUT THE BASTARDS WON'T STOP TEMPTING ME TO SMASH MY TV WHEN THEIR COMMERCIALS COME ON AT LEAST ONCE EVERY HALF HOUR!! >:O

That place used to be awesome. Then they stopped serving food. The Fridays down the street from me stopped serving butter. Not a stick in the joint. They also don't have spoons, either.

They don't serve baked potatoes or any kind of soup, which is usually a staple of restaraunt chains like these places.

MadPirateBunny 05-29-2007 09:57 AM

I had drive through Sonic yesterday.