The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   New Pop Culture Shock (PCS) Statues? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59925)

I Crave Pizza No More 05-06-2018 03:32 PM

New Pop Culture Shock (PCS) Statues

1 Attachment(s)
So, the company confirmed the license for the original cartoon some time ago, but in this week's newsletter they offered a minor teaser.

No other info is available as far as I know.

Antrax 05-06-2018 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More (Post 1758620)
So, the company confirmed the license for the original cartoon some time ago, but in this week's newsletter they offered a minor teaser.

No other info is available as far as I know.

Looked up some of their stuff. Their Filmation MOTU Statues look incredible but I am not a fan of their realistic MOTU busts. Good thing that pic looks like it's going to be a statue. What is he standing on though?

Powder 05-06-2018 04:51 PM

It looks like it could be a chunk of one of the robots the turtles face in season 1 episode 2, Enter The Shreder.

I Crave Pizza No More 05-06-2018 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antrax (Post 1758631)
Looked up some of their stuff. Their Filmation MOTU Statues look incredible but I am not a fan of their realistic MOTU busts. Good thing that pic looks like it's going to be a statue. What is he standing on though?

I have a ton of PCS stuff: Conan the Barbarian; He-Man and Battlecat; Filmation He-Man; Filmation Skeletor. Their work is always fantastic.

They're notorious for delays, but you'll always get your stuff and it will always be worthwhile. They also generally offer a 10% or so discount if you pay in full upfront--but keep in mind that you may need to wait 2-3 years to get your statue.

And Powder, I think you're right about it being from that first TMNT mini-series. I will almost certainly buy into this line, just because I know they'll nail it. They cancelled their MOTU line, but not before doing quite a few characters, so that gives me hope that we may get someone besides the TMNT.

Antrax 05-06-2018 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1758633)
It looks like it could be a chunk of one of the robots the turtles face in season 1 episode 2, Enter The Shreder.

You were right https://youtu.be/7BMvXv-UiDE?t=80

Powder 05-06-2018 05:53 PM

Radical. That's a cool reference, then. Perhaps we can assume these will 100% match the look of the first season turtles, which would make for some pretty neat collectibles.

Antrax 05-06-2018 06:40 PM

Since Raph fought that robot, does that mean he is first to be released?

Powder 05-06-2018 06:47 PM

That would be my guess, yeah. Probably a good turtle to start with.

Antrax 05-06-2018 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More (Post 1758644)
I have a ton of PCS stuff: Conan the Barbarian; He-Man and Battlecat; Filmation He-Man; Filmation Skeletor. Their work is always fantastic.

They're notorious for delays, but you'll always get your stuff and it will always be worthwhile. They also generally offer a 10% or so discount if you pay in full upfront--but keep in mind that you may need to wait 2-3 years to get your statue.

And Powder, I think you're right about it being from that first TMNT mini-series. I will almost certainly buy into this line, just because I know they'll nail it. They cancelled their MOTU line, but not before doing quite a few characters, so that gives me hope that we may get someone besides the TMNT.

Do you have any or could you recommend any video reviews or pics? 1/6 scale ~$300 or 1/4 scale ~$350 most likely? Are the EX versions originally more expensive and how quickly do they sell out? Sorry for all the questions, I'm sure I'll have more.

I Crave Pizza No More 05-06-2018 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antrax (Post 1758656)
Do you have any or could you recommend any video reviews or pics? 1/6 scale ~$300 or 1/4 scale ~$350 most likely? Are the EX versions originally more expensive and how quickly do they sell out? Sorry for all the questions, I'm sure I'll have more.

I generally browse the statue forums through Tapatalk, but give me a day or two and I'll find links to the threads for the statues. Conan is 1:3 scale and was like $900. He-Man and Battlecat are 1:4 scale and the combo was also close to $900. I think the Filmation Skeletor and He-Man are 1:3 scale and might have retailed for a little over $300.

They almost always do EX versions, sometimes several kinds. They do a ton of Street Fighter and Mortal Combat statues, and some of those seem to have 3-4 variants. The Filmation He-Man stuff all had regular versions and only one EX version. The price was either the same or maybe different by about $15. Some of the statues (I think the Street Fighter stuff) sells out immediately--PCS actually e-mails the on-sale time the day before so that people can be ready. I don't recall the He-Man stuff selling out right away, and Conan lasted a couple of days (but then went back into stock, maybe due to cancellations). So, it's hard to say. My guess is that if you want one and you're able to order it on the first day, you'll get it.

tmntman 05-16-2018 05:54 PM

I wonder if this means Ikon Collectibles has lost the license. That might explain why they are suddenly shipping Michealangelo, Rocksteady and Bebop all at once.

eastlos217 05-17-2018 02:01 PM

yea they are a bit pricey, but they are some of my favorite statues. the mortal kombat line is ridiculous. im sure they will have amazing pieces.

Antrax 06-17-2018 11:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
New image with a pre-order date of June 25th

drag0nfeathers 06-17-2018 03:22 PM

Wow! That looks awesome!

If they did come up for preorder, what site is it? *edit* Nevermind, pretty sure I found it. They have some AMAZING statues! WOW!

Coro 06-17-2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers (Post 1765378)
Wow! That looks awesome!

If they did come up for preorder, what site is it? *edit* Nevermind, pretty sure I found it. They have some AMAZING statues! WOW!

Share for the rest of us?

TurtleWA 06-17-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More (Post 1758644)
They also generally offer a 10% or so discount if you pay in full upfront--but keep in mind that you may need to wait 2-3 years to get your statue.

OMG! 2 or 3 years, dang! I was considering getting this for my first statue ever. But not with that time frame. Also can’t even find the pre order listing. Last I checked nothing is on their official website.

I Crave Pizza No More 06-17-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coro (Post 1765382)
Share for the rest of us?

www.popcultureshocktoys.com

Nothing active yet for the TMNT, though. They'll announce the exact pre-order date and time via e-mail if you're subscribed to their newsletter. I don't think the TMNT stuff will sell out instantly, but some of the Street Fighter stuff does. But I wouldn't wait more than a few hours to order if you're serious about getting them.

I Crave Pizza No More 06-17-2018 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleWA (Post 1765383)
OMG! 2 or 3 years, dang! I was considering getting this for my first statue ever. But not with that time frame. Also can’t even find the pre order listing. Last I checked nothing is on their official website.

Sideshow is usually better about filling their preorders more quickly but even then you still might end up waiting a year or more. PCS does excellent work, but just go into it knowing that you're going to be waiting a couple of years to get your piece.

tmntman 06-24-2018 09:00 AM

Images of both versions are live on popcultureshocktoys.com

Looks like either version is $500. The exclusive version comes with an extra set of teeth and an additional set of hands.

Their site says that presales go live at 3PST tomorrow.

TheBlueTurtle1 06-24-2018 09:17 AM

Man awesome! too bad it's gonna be $2000 for a full set:cry: