The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Mondo Sixth Scale Mirage TMNT Figures (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=52624)

Discogod 07-01-2015 10:04 AM

Mondo Sixth Scale Mirage TMNT Figures

http://toybox.io9.com/mondo-is-makin...rtl-1715132916

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...5936507684.jpg

Thoughts? Looks like a great sculpt, although I'd like to see a little more artic - double elbows, rocker ankles, toe/mid-foot hinges etc. But to me it looks too similar to the NECA figure, and whilst it'd be cool to have the Turtles in 12", space and cost concerns (probably $100+) means it's a likely pass.

turtlefanforever 07-01-2015 10:06 AM

Badass

If i had the money i'd buy it. But like you said, i would like to have a lower price point. Same reason i passed on the Krang.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-01-2015 10:08 AM

That looks REALLY good.

Ballpark, how much can we expect that to cost?

Panda Khan 07-01-2015 10:13 AM

Not sold in sets + B&W variants x Mondo shipping = $$$$$

Powder 07-01-2015 10:25 AM

If nothing else, I'd love to just get Leonardo. I like the scale, though it's a bit of an odd decision, I guess. Either way, we've never had big ass Mirage figures, so it appeals to me. Cool to see they come with alternate heads, though I doubt I'd use them much, if ever. I look forward to seeing the other brothers. If they can be more distinct than NECA's, I may be convinced to get the full set somehow (if only as smaller figures, assuming they're still doing those).

Metalhead 2.0 07-01-2015 10:28 AM

These are being discussed in the SDCC thread since they're exclusives. Other sites are reporting that one of the accessories is a blue mask. Toybox is the first to say it's actually an alternate head. Guess we'll see. Can't wait to see the other turtles.

Redrumh2o 07-01-2015 10:48 AM

From MondoNews Twitter feed.....the Leo will be on display only at SDCC....pre-orders up at a later date

Everyone can relax now....not an SDCC exclusive.....and I guess that means this thread can stay to discuss the line :roll:

Antrax 07-01-2015 11:01 AM

Perfect. I was trying to convince myself that I didn't want the blue bandanna or accessories that might have been exclusive for SDCC.
They did a Deluxe Limited Edition of the first turtle though. Do they have text/email alerts for when it goes on sale or should I just make a twitter account?

Redrumh2o 07-01-2015 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antrax (Post 1478034)
Perfect. I was trying to convince myself that I didn't want the blue bandanna or accessories that might have been exclusive for SDCC.
They did a Deluxe Limited Edition of the first turtle though. Do they have text/email alerts for when it goes on sale or should I just make a twitter account?

Just check this link daily. I don't think you need an account to read their feed.

https://twitter.com/mondonews

Candy Kappa 07-01-2015 11:17 AM

He's pretty neat looking now that we can see the figure painted and in a full body photo. I think he's different enough compared to NECA's version as his proportions are Different. Don't like the look of the swords though, and not so big on the 1/6th scale.

plastroncafe 07-01-2015 11:41 AM

Oh holy hell that's pretty.
I can't wait to see them, but...dang I just don't have the room for them.

super curry max 07-01-2015 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redrumh2o (Post 1478027)
From MondoNews Twitter feed.....the Leo will be on display only at SDCC....pre-orders up at a later date

Everyone can relax now....not an SDCC exclusive.....and I guess that means this thread can stay to discuss the line :roll:

cant relax gotta work more hours because these will probably be in the $150-200 range no question.

Panda Khan 07-01-2015 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by super curry max (Post 1478064)
cant relax gotta work more hours because these will probably be in the $150-200 range no question.

I'm guessing that too with Mondo's brand and the few 1/6 figures I've gotten from Sideshow being in the $200 range.

ctt4lfecw 07-01-2015 12:20 PM

If it means we get mirage shredder from these guys count me in. Hope it won't be like neca where they cancel him.

TheMasterTurtle 07-01-2015 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda Khan (Post 1478069)
I'm guessing that too with Mondo's brand and the few 1/6 figures I've gotten from Sideshow being in the $200 range.

I'm hoping for that but actually fear they'll be even more because of it being Mondo

Powder 07-01-2015 12:40 PM

At any price tag even remotely like that, I'm gonna have to wipe my memory banks of these altogether. :tlol:

If they do some 5-6 inch ones that'd run cheaper, on the other hand...

Reigner 07-01-2015 12:47 PM

Welp I have rewards points at Sideshow that'll make the first one they release about $80 at most.

The rest, will be on Sideshow flexpay, so a 50-70 monthly payment for the lifespan of these four figures wont be terrible.

HotJuicyBurgers 07-01-2015 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reigner (Post 1478079)
Welp I have rewards points at Sideshow that'll make the first one they release about $80 at most.

The rest, will be on Sideshow flexpay, so a 50-70 monthly payment for the lifespan of these four figures wont be terrible.

These will probably be sold pretty exclusively at mondo's site

VaughnMichael 07-01-2015 01:21 PM

Nice looking figure and even though it's slightly closer to Eastmans style than Lairds like the NECA figures I'm going to have to pass simply based on the scale and the high cost.

Panda Khan 07-01-2015 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reigner (Post 1478079)

If you are going based on my comment about Sideshow, I was just making a comparison with their 1/6 figure price range to what these might go for. These will probably be online only on Mondo's site with maybe a possible variant like the B&W First Turtle and Hellboy. Although you might get lucky because I did see the Mondo Iron Giant on Sideshow but I wouldn't get my hopes up.