The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   If you made your own TMNT movie series than Michael Bay...? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=56251)

ninja-zero 08-23-2016 07:55 AM

If you made your own TMNT movie series than Michael Bay...?

How would you make better TMNT movies than Michael Bay's work?

If I was... I'd make Kraang - an evil Utrom the original Shredder and leader of the Foot clan in the feudal era. Then later in the modern era, Kraang passes his title to Saki as the new Shredder and leader. Kraang hides in the shadows secretly communicating his disciple/apprentice as a crime boss.

Perhaps also add new mutants in Shredder's force since Fishface, Rahzar/Dogpound & Tiger Claw. Like Shredder's "mutant elite guard". Those who are trained in ninjutsu.

- A skunk
- A chameleon
- A scorpion/spider
- A condor

Bebop & Rocksteady can be added later like in the 2012 version.

Slash can be the anti-hero who will later from the Mighty Mutanimals.

What do you think so far?

Powder 08-23-2016 08:50 AM

Hand to God I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but there are soooo many versions of this thread already.

DevilSpooky 08-23-2016 10:28 AM

Easy, an adaptation of the Mirage comics done in the style of the Sin City movies.

SurrealBrain 08-25-2016 09:44 PM

If I had the skill for it, I'd do more of a loose continuation of the first four movies. And of course, I'd wanna use a villain that hadn't appeared in any film prior. No original creations, though; just a preexisting villain I can use.

But that's just me.

snake 08-25-2016 09:46 PM

I'd do something original and standalone. The best possible tmnt film already exists in the form of the 1990 movie. So f*cking perfect.

Shark_Blade 08-25-2016 10:14 PM

I'd make it like Kill Bill.

snake 08-25-2016 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 1617240)
I'd make it like Kill Bill.

That would be pretty cool. I think the stylistic cuts and the general aesthetic could work for TMNT

Wildcat 08-26-2016 02:44 AM

Live Action 4kids/2k3 but with OT pieces included like Bebop and Rocksteady, Turtle Van and Technodrome.

somethingreal 08-26-2016 06:22 AM

I'd make it like the Daredevil series. Make it all street level crime, then later reveal all the shi+ to be shredders doing. Ooh, I'd Also have Krang as a creepy dark gang leader with a trench coat and fedora who works with shredder.

ninja-zero 09-09-2016 01:06 PM

I would like the new TMNT to be something new.

Since Ch'rell of 2003 as the Shredder, I want Kraang to return as the original Shredder who organized the Foot Clan in the feudal era.

The guardians & Foot clan are enemies. Yoshi joined the Guardians and Saki (who used to be best friends now enemies with Yoshi) joins the Foot clan.

I do like the burned face of 2012. Like Sidious & Vader, Kraang finds him still alive by injecting mutagen into his blood stream. And passes the title of Shredder to him for serving his side.

In the feudal era where Kraang forged the Foot, he chased the ancestors of the turtles & Splinter and a woman similar to Tang Shen. When he learned of Yoshi, he takes advantage of Saki's jealousy and hate in order to lure him at his side to kill Yoshi and later Splinter and the turtles.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 09-26-2016 12:13 PM

Film 1. Oroku Saki tricks Hamato Yoshi to leave Japan. Years later in New York City, Channel 6 employees April and Irma investigate crimes when they are attacked by the Purple Dragons in a park and saved by the turtles, taken to the sewers and Splinter (Hamato Yoshi) tells the original mutation story. They soon learn Shredder and his Foot Clan are behind the crimes, running a criminal empire. The turtles retreat to April's family's farmhouse in Norhampton, Massachusetts to practice before returning to Manhattan facing Shredder.

Film 2. With Shredder defeated, Karai takes over the Foot Clan. Meanwhile a turf conflict is raging between the New York City Mafia giving the turtles problems with Big Louie. Meanwhile in outer space a Triceraton spacecraft chases an Utrom spacecraft requiring the Utroms to land on Earth, revealing the mutagen story. Karai allows the turtles armistice to fight off the Triceratons.

Film 3. Inside the Utrom spacecraft a traitor Utrom (may be named Chrell) contacts Krang to bring his Technodrome to Earth. Together they drain New York City on electricity to open a portal wide enought to teleport the Technodrome through. The turtles must stop it.

Andrew NDB 09-26-2016 12:42 PM

The Modeen trilogy:

Movie #1: Begin with Splinter telling a story. In Feudal Japan, the Foot Clan doing their thing, assassinating people for hire, quick cuts over the centuries. Establish the Shredder as a mantle that is held and feared. Closer to the present, the Hamato Yoshi/Tang Shen/Oroku Nagi incident. Yoshi kills Nagi, Shen and Yoshi have to go into exile in the US (meanwhile, quick cuts of a rage-filled Oroku Saki training, vowing revenge). Yoshi returns home one day in the US to find Shen's body carved up, then gets stabbed by Oroku Saki, but is otherwise allowed to leave. Stumbling out, he finds his pet rat scurrying about. He picks it up and stumbles into the street for help, dying... but as he sees a boy with 4 turtles in a bowl about to get hit by a truck, he lunges forward with what is left of his ninja reflexes, shoving the boy aside while the truck smashes into him (the bowl is dropped, shatters near a storm drain). A container bounces out of the truck and smashes near the turtles on the ground, also splashing the rat Yoshi still clutches in his hand. The turtles scurry into the storm drain, and the confused rat does the same (the idea being, some of Yoshi's consciousness is transferred to the rat). Quick shots of the Turtles growing up and their ninja training regimen (think, Bruce with Ra's in Batman Begins), Splinter beating the crap out of them if they seem soft. They have to earn their bandannas, and each one gets a different color (blue, red, orange, purple). Rein it all back in with Splinter's story coming back to the present, with the Turtles being raised to one day kill Oroku Saki and avenge Hamato Yoshi and Tang Shen. Play to the circle of vengeance theme. Different scenes at different times: * Raphael meeting Casey. * April O'Neil being rescued by the Turtles. * Glimpses of Utroms in disguise, masquerading as people. Glimpses of Saki, running his criminal empire in New York (maybe also being annoyed at having to report to Karai in Japan). Baxter Stockman is shown to be in his employ, and a warehouse full of mousers can be teased. Splinter warns the Turtles that they're not ready, but the Turtles get cocky and issue their challenge to Saki, who accepts. Rooftop duel, but the Turtles get their asses kicked by a gauntlet of Foot, Shredder Elite, and Shredder himself who slices and pounds Leonardo into a coma. With the aid of April and Casey, they go and retreat to Northampton. Regathering their resolve after a spiritual journey on behalf of Splinter (perhaps a conversation with the Great Turtle, over a campfire), they return to New York and invade Shredder's Hudson Block complex. From here, pretty much exactly like "Return to New York," except Casey is along for the ride and Saki isn't a worm clone. The Turtles are cut to ribbons and Leonardo fails in his (sword) duel with Oroku Saki (who takes off his armor to fight mano-e-mano). He is nearly killed by Shredder's blade when Raphael dives in, grabs Leo's sword to block Shredder's blow, stabs him in the gut with a sai and beheads him with Leo's katana. Hudson Block is turned to rubble, the body is burned (with Splinter in attendance) and the circle of vengeance is complete... for now. You knew it was coming: at the end, the other Turtles, impressed with Raphael's tenacity in the face of certain death, lose their other bandanna colors and all adopt red.

Andrew NDB 09-26-2016 01:08 PM

The Modeen trilogy:

Movie #2: Kind of starts out like the end of Mirage Vol. 1 and the beginning of Vol. 2, with the Turtles and Splinter becoming a bit lost. They've accomplished their sole mission in life... Saki is dead, the Foot Clan apparently in shambles. Now what? Donatello and Splinter retreat to the farmhouse in Northampton with April and Casey, while the other Turtles try to find some normalcy in their lives. Several over-arcing storylines here: 1) Stockman, who with Saki gone is out of a job, takes to robbing banks with his mousers. At one point the mousers tunnel through the Turtles' lair and they become involved. Eventually Baxter is brought down by the remaining Turtles and Casey. 2) On a nature walk into the mountains Splinter falls and breaks his leg and meets the Rat King, who teaches him in the ways of the rat, life, and the soul. Perhaps even connecting better with the parts of his psyche that are carryovers from Yoshi. Eventually he is hungry enough that he eats a rat to survive and grow stronger. We realize that the Rat King isn't real, or at least isn't a physical being, and is perhaps even an alternate persona of Splinter's. 3) Donatello is spoken to directly by the Great Turtle (who they spoke to briefly in the last movie), who encharges him as his Shaman for what he says is a coming apocalypse brought about by the Adversary, an ancient being who wiped out the reptiles of old. He seeks out the place where the Adversary was said to rise again... but he realizes he is too late, and the Adversary has already been awakened. Then, all over New York, millions upon millions of rats turn on people, devouring them and bringing down whole buildings. The Turtles make a deal with Stockman: use your mousers for good and we'll let you off. So the Turtles, Casey and thousands of mousers tear into the horde of rats, trying to find their source: the Brooklyn Bridge (or some big NY landmark), where upon the Adversary (basically a giant monstrous rat) has built a temple. They could connect with Leatherhead at that point in the sewers, who was besieged by the rats as well, and we could get his story about being experimented on by the Utroms and all of that. At a critical moment, Donatello and Splinter arrive, who then lead the charge to the temple. A long battle (during which the Adversary supernaturally forces the Turtles to face their own self doubts and worst fears) but Donatello, in full Shaman mode, manages to take down the Adversary, Leonardo hacking him up and Leatherhead eating what's left. Splinter learns to control rats to some degree with the help of the Rat King (who he often sees next to him and speaks to, but nobody can see him but Splinter) and puts at peace the horde. Bloody mess, and at the end we see Karai arrive in New York, witnessing the rubble left by the rat invasion and witnessing various Foot factions warring with one another. Something alluded to about now being "the perfect time" to pick up the broken pieces of the NY Foot by Saki. End with Raphael watching the Foot Clan civil war unfold on the TV news, then holding the helmet of Shredder, which he's kept as a keepsake since his death.

Andrew NDB 09-26-2016 01:48 PM

The Modeen trilogy:

Movie #3: A loose adaptation of "City at War." As New York rebuilds from the rat invasion and the Foot Clan wages war within itself, Karai runs afoul of one Shredder Elite in particular, Kenshin, who was Saki's #1. Karai's daughter is murdered during an attempt to rein in his particular faction by simply attempting to muscle them. Simultaneously, unbeknownst to his brothers (sort of like the Nightwatcher thing in TMNT 2007, but not), Raphael has adopted the helmet and mantle of the Shredder and manages to bring a good number of Foot to accept his claim, as he was the one that killed Saki. When they realize, his brothers try to get him to knock it off, but he's not having it. Meanwhile, looking for vengeance, Kenshin breaks into the Turtles lair and murders Splinter. The Turtles return with April and Casey to find the body. They have a big funeral over the Hudson, Leatherhead attending and Raphael joining at the last minute in his Shredder armor, the helmet of which he only grudgingly removes. The Turtles swear vengeance and Raphael swears it as well, in his own way. Karai appears then, offering the Turtles her deal: help her exterminate the Shredder Elite foot and Kenshin, and the long circle of vengeance with the Turtles will become that of a permanent truce. Raphael poopoos it, storming off. The remaining Turtles agree. First training hard to get into peak conditioning, the Turtles (sans Raph) drop their red bandannas and adopt all black ones. Then we see a sequence of events where the Turtles, April, Casey, Karai, and even Leatherhead (as the muscle) systematically take out the Shredder Elite and their factions of loyalists. A battle royale ensues in the rubble of Hudson Block. The Shredder Elite manage to bring down a building on Leatherhead, taking him out of the game. The Turtles manage to route most of the Foot, but are otherwise unable to contain most of them. It is then that Karai arrives, in full Shredder regalia, the original armor from Feudal Japan and makes a formal claim to the mantle of the Shredder, that Kenshin and his Shredder Elite must pass their vow of loyalty onto her. It is then that Raphael arrives, who makes the same claim... but that he is owed it not by blood or by family, but by virtue of having bested their leader. Kenshin says they must fight it out. So it's Karai's Lady Shredder vs. Raphael Shredder. Raphael gets the upper hand. Kenshin agrees to accept Raphael's claim to the mantle of the Shredder. As his brothers look on in horror, Raphael is adorned with the cloak of Oroku Saki. As Kenshin kneels before him, Raphael raises a gauntlet and spikes him in the skull, kicking the body down. "That's for my father, sh*thead," or something similar. The Turtles and Karai then dispatch the remaining Foot and Shredder Elite. When it comes to the very last Shredder Elite, rather than fight, the Shredder Elite commits seppuku, proclaiming the blood feud will be "never over." Raphael was always on the Turtles' side, he was just wanting to get close to Kenshin. So that's that, Karai honors her part of the deal and there is a truce with the Turtles... now the circle of blood vengeance is truly over. At the end, Leatherhead is helped out of the rubble. Maybe the people helping him could be Utroms, who reveal themselves to him and that they have been looking for him for years. For a stinger/teaser (I'd put it as a mid or after-the-end credits, let the main movie end organically), when the Turtles are finally allowed to relax, BOOM, they're all transported away in a Trasmat beam, and find themselves in the middle of a Triceraton arena, ala the end of Evil Dead 2.

If it got a fourth movie, movie 4 would be the big space odyssey adventure on the Triceraton worlds, D'hoonib, and get into the Utroms. Maybe it could end with their big reveal to the world, after helping the Turtles get back to Earth. Movie 5, big time travel romp with Renet. Movie 6, probably people are going to want to ground things again, so some kind of urban, gritty fare again... maybe my old idea for a Chinese triad coming to New York, muscling up on the Foot. Maybe, to combat this, the Foot resurrect Oroku Saki with worms.

neatoman 09-26-2016 02:08 PM

M'kay, how about this instead:

Adapt the first three issues in the order 2-3-1.
  1. Baxter builds MOUSERS and betrays April
  2. Turtles rescue her and the origin is told.
  3. Reveal that Baxter did the MOUSER stuff for the Foot clan because they wanted funds and that he is the key to get to them.
  4. At this point the whole car chase happens, replace the police with the Foot or MOUSERs.
  5. Turtles get to Shredder and kick his ass, pretty much the end.
  6. Optional, end with the cliffhanger of Splinter having gone missing and he wakes up in an Utrom lab.

That's pretty much the skeleton of the story and obviously there needs to be additional details, but it really doesn't need to be much more complicated than that. Set up the basics, have some action in the middle, end with the big bad being defeated and maybe add a cliffhanger depending on wheter or not you want to make more.

ToTheNines 09-26-2016 04:09 PM

Cool outline Andrew. Pretty slick way to condense the Mirage and Image stuff. I've always been trying to think of a cool Baxter vs Ratking story, but I think that's the best way to go about it.

Lately I've been playing around with the idea of Yoshi being a Guardian and willingly mutating Splinter in order to recruit him into his war against Shredder. Give them a couple of years worth of adventures combating the Foot before Saki finally gets Yoshi and maims Splinter, forcing him to go into hiding. THEN he happens upon the TCRI accident.

Andrew NDB 09-26-2016 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1627490)
Cool outline Andrew. Pretty slick way to condense the Mirage and Image stuff. I've always been trying to think of a cool Baxter vs Ratking story, but I think that's the best way to go about it.

Thanks, man.

Quote:

Lately I've been playing around with the idea of Yoshi being a Guardian and willingly mutating Splinter in order to recruit him into his war against Shredder. Give them a couple of years worth of adventures combating the Foot before Saki finally gets Yoshi and maims Splinter, forcing him to go into hiding. THEN he happens upon the TCRI accident.
Wouldn't be the worst thing ever.

Jephael 09-27-2016 01:03 AM

In all honesty, I'd rather make a television show based on the Archie comics with little sprinklings of Mirage and other iterations thrown in. I don't feel a movie anthology would work because I'd rather not condense any story-lines like a lot of these movie companies tend to do. If anything I want to do the opposite and flesh out the stories way more than they were before and you just can't do that with a 90 to 210 minute long feature film.

Andrew NDB 09-27-2016 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jephael (Post 1627616)
I don't feel a movie anthology would work

I don't think anyone is suggesting that.

ToTheNines 09-27-2016 05:57 PM

@Andrew thinking about it more, I also really love the focus on Raph. He's been getting jobbed for years now, living in Leo's shadow.

Any arc or cool moments for Mikey in your trilogy?