The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Classic Episode Discussion: Invasion of the Punk Frogs (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=7518)

PizzaPower 02-16-2004 06:02 PM

I loved that episode!!! But when I was little I cryed becasue they did noe like pizza at the end of the show. It was cool how shredder used that device to cvhange him to that dude though.

Jephael 02-16-2004 06:48 PM

It didn't change his face, Pizza Power. It only changed his wardrobe. You think with all the effort he puts into trying to get the turtles, he'd have the patients to change clothes!

PizzaPower 02-16-2004 06:51 PM

LOL ya I know to bad he never got the turtles!! :P

Ace Duck 02-16-2004 07:14 PM

I thought the frogs were lame. But one thing this episode highlighted that I think isn't generally appreciated was that Shredder could be a diabolically charismatic leader. A real Svengali, not just a tyrant.

Jester 03-01-2004 04:10 PM

i thought the frog were just too similar....at least the tmnt have diffrent personas...the frogs just had weapons that were diffrent....but like wes said the ep where the TMNT and frogs team up against leather head makes the frogs at least a bit more useful....and they were captured first by dirk savage....which made hi the turtles enemy....for at least the 1st half of the ep

Orochi Chimera 03-02-2004 12:48 PM

The frogs were pretty weird. Four Turtles, Four Frogs... Has me thinking of that TMNT ripoff/clone Street Sharks. I didn't really like that show.

Jester 03-02-2004 02:54 PM

nope...well kinda....if u can rip off ur own show....but i had a street shark....he was armagon for my turtles....like in the turney fighters game and the comics

MeanGreenMachine 08-02-2009 10:49 AM

I just saw the episode last night, and I must say the super slap jawed southern accents don't mix because no one in Florida talks like that. The fact that Shredder travelled to Florida, and needed that device to cloak him when he could have just changed clothes, everything about this episode was so cheese ball and dumb that it turned me off.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 08-03-2009 09:36 AM

Silly

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeanGreenMachine (Post 712302)
The fact that Shredder travelled to Florida, and needed that device to cloak him when he could have just changed clothes, everything about this episode was so cheese ball and dumb that it turned me off.

I agree that device was silly.

Sage Ninja 08-04-2009 12:55 PM

I agree with this statment right here:

Quote:

this episode highlighted that I think isn't generally appreciated was that Shredder could be a diabolically charismatic leader. A real Svengali, not just a tyrant.
I like seeing this side of Shredder. Shredder was more than just the foul tempered tyrant that would verbally abuse his underlings. He's sly and manipulative with just enough persasive charm to lead people into doing what he wants. It's the same thing he used on Baxter Stockman to get him under his control, and it's what actaully could make you take him seriously as being potentially dangerous villan if he can sway people so easily.

As for the Frogs, I don't think they really stood out too much in this episode for me. I had hard time telling them apart. I don't think they really shine until the first leatherhead episode.

Another thing I liked about this episode was the mutant control squad. Man those guys whern't exploited enough in this show.

Bad Guys Lover 08-04-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sage Ninja (Post 712871)

I like seeing this side of Shredder. Shredder was more than just the foul tempered tyrant that would verbally abuse his underlings. He's sly and manipulative with just enough persasive charm to lead people into doing what he wants. It's the same thing he used on Baxter Stockman to get him under his control, and it's what actaully could make you take him seriously as being potentially dangerous villan if he can sway people so easily.

I agree. He can be such a smooth talker... :embarass: :shifty:

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 08-05-2009 11:27 AM

Government

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sage Ninja (Post 712871)

As for the Frogs, I don't think they really stood out too much in this episode for me. I had hard time telling them apart. I don't think they really shine until the first leatherhead episode.

Another thing I liked about this episode was the mutant control squad. Man those guys whern't exploited enough in this show.

Hey. They were just some people employed by the US government. No show describes everything about every police officer.

Mikey86 08-05-2009 12:53 PM

One of my favorite sets of characters from the OT! Sure they were silly with their unneeded accents, lack of individual personalities and such. They were mutated frogs, which is all I cared about when I first saw the episode. :D

Prowler 08-05-2009 02:24 PM

I never liked those frogs, they had no personality and were WAY naive.

Coola Yagami 08-05-2009 08:38 PM

Yeah, that was the major problem, they had NO personalities. Leo leads, Mikey is the surfer, Raph is the wiseguy, Don in the techhead. Genghis/Atilla/Napoleon/Rasputin were all just good-goody hicks. Noone stood apart 'cept that MAYBE Genghis was the leader since he actually had an action figure at the time.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 08-06-2009 03:09 AM

I had that action figure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 713364)
Noone stood apart 'cept that MAYBE Genghis was the leader since he actually had an action figure at the time.

I had that action figure.

Hordak 08-17-2009 11:51 AM

I liked this episode ok. I always enjoyed the episodes with new mutants any way! I thought the frogs were pretty cool. Like how it was a mistake for them to be made but then was like Shredders evil alternative to the turtles. But I love Leatherhead & they made his episode even better!

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 08-18-2009 07:28 AM

Big Bug Blunder

I like when Genghis Frog appearance in Big Bug Blunder.

cartoonistaaron 08-22-2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeanGreenMachine (Post 712302)
I just saw the episode last night, and I must say the super slap jawed southern accents don't mix because no one in Florida talks like that. The fact that Shredder travelled to Florida, and needed that device to cloak him when he could have just changed clothes, everything about this episode was so cheese ball and dumb that it turned me off.

I thought this episode was kinda stupid, too, but I gotta say -- as a lifelong Floridian, I know several people who sound a lot like the punk frogs when they talk. In fact, I remember making fun of the neighbor kid because he sounded just like Genghis Frog (and Gomer Pyle).

Good times. Good times.

I did think it was strange that the frogs had such evil names but were such hick rubes, not to mention being called the "Punk Frogs" but looking tamer than Disney cartoons. They should have designed them to look a little "rougher."

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 08-23-2009 03:34 AM

Shredder

Quote:

Originally Posted by cartoonistaaron (Post 716554)
I thought this episode was kinda stupid, too, but I gotta say -- as a lifelong Floridian, I know several people who sound a lot like the punk frogs when they talk. In fact, I remember making fun of the neighbor kid because he sounded just like Genghis Frog (and Gomer Pyle).

Good times. Good times.

I did think it was strange that the frogs had such evil names but were such hick rubes, not to mention being called the "Punk Frogs" but looking tamer than Disney cartoons. They should have designed them to look a little "rougher."

Shredder named them.