The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   The Matrix reboot in the works (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57551)

NinjaPug 03-14-2017 07:21 PM

The Matrix reboot in the works

Sigh....of course it is.

Zak Penn doing the treatment? Double whammy.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...er-bros-986292

ToTheNines 03-14-2017 07:26 PM

I know it's a bit cliche to rag on reboots as they're announced, but this one is entirely too soon. The first 2 still hold up great.

sdp 03-14-2017 07:34 PM

Matrix needs a sequel to the first one that ignores Reloaded/Revolutions or just set at a different time from the time of Neo.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 03-14-2017 07:45 PM

For frak's sake.

Nothing is sacred.

Let's reboot Citizen Kane and Casablanca while we're at it, hmm?

TigerClaw 03-14-2017 07:48 PM

The Wachowskis are not involved with the reboot.

TheSkeletonMan939 03-14-2017 07:50 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...0_400x400.jpeg

what the living fugg

This is one movie I thought Hollywood in a million years would never try to 'reboot'.

TigerClaw 03-14-2017 07:52 PM

They should totally call it. "The Matrix Rebooted"

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 03-14-2017 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1667725)
They should totally call it. "The Matrix Rebooted"

That...

Well, it would be hilarious. :tlol:

TigerClaw 03-14-2017 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1667726)
That...

Well, it would be hilarious. :tlol:

I know right? cause we have The Matrix, The Matrix Reloaded, The Matrix Revolution, and if they are rebooting it, it would make sense if they called it The Matrix Rebooted.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 03-14-2017 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1667727)
I know right? cause we have The Matrix, The Matrix Reloaded, The Matrix Revolution, and if they are rebooting it, it would make sense if they called it The Matrix Rebooted.

It would be refreshingly honest as well.

Cure 03-14-2017 08:40 PM

Nice, I'll watch it. I hope it's awesome.

CyberCubed 03-14-2017 08:54 PM

The first Matrix was a decent movie that was a bit overrated simply because it was the first movie that popularized the, "slow motion bullets and stopping time" during the middle of fights, but a lot of that doesn't stand out as new or interesting anymore.

The other two movies were a bore. Matrix has nothing going for it anymore. Even the whole, "The real world is just a computer simulation" has been overdone in sci-fi for years, like in Star Trek's holodeck episodes.

TheSkeletonMan939 03-14-2017 09:01 PM

I never got the appeal for Matrix either.
People kept telling me that, 'oh, this movie is so deep! It'll really make you think!' By the time the credits rolled it just felt like another goofy popcorn movie.

CyberCubed 03-14-2017 09:03 PM

The movie came out when I was like 13-14, even as a young teenager I thought it was kind of silly.

kaptainmyke 03-14-2017 10:05 PM

But there are no more payphones?

DestronMirage22 03-14-2017 10:49 PM

Who wanted this?

sdp 03-14-2017 11:18 PM

I wanted this, The Matrix was my favorite movie until the sequels kind of affected my opinion on the franchise. I recently saw the trilogy after not watching it in over a decade and....

The Matrix: Still pretty goddamn awesome and a true classic. One of the best movies ever.

Reloaded: Great at world building, seriously most of the characters introduced are awesome even if the story is kind of weird but that's fine because all they're doing is setting up the third movie..

Revolutions: They didn't fix the story and go for a terrible route, gone is the awesome world building that they did and instead it's a boring generic action movie.

So yeah, make a sequel to the original years later or a prequel or whatever, the world is awesome, especially the ideas of what The Matrix world actually is like that we saw in full in Reloaded. The movie is basically 20 years old now so it's fine to reboot it, but it doesn't have to be a full reboot. My first thoughts after re-watching the trilogy was "I want a new great Matrix film"

Wesley 03-15-2017 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 (Post 1667746)
I never got the appeal for Matrix either.
People kept telling me that, 'oh, this movie is so deep! It'll really make you think!' By the time the credits rolled it just felt like another goofy popcorn movie.

Agreed. I only watched the first film recently, though, so parts of it were probably dated. Didn't know what was going on most of the time. One of the most overrated films ever, in my opinion. I thought the tv film Virtual Nightmare did the whole premise better.

Andrew NDB 03-15-2017 11:18 AM

There's really no reason to hard reboot it at all when the very premise of the Matrix would lend itself perfectly to a "soft" reboot. I mean, just think about it. Though I'd really rather just see the Wachowskis come back and make a truly awesome, back in full form Matrix 4.

First one is amazing, and timeless. Second one bored me to tears, and its plot seems meaningless in the end. Third one was OK. For 2 and 3, it kind of seemed like they had good enough ideas to make one proper sequel... but they stretched it all out needlessly into 2 movies, and it feels like it.

CyberCubed 03-15-2017 11:45 AM

It's kinda funny the first Matrix came out when the internet was just barely mainstream.