The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   TMNT Casualty of War" (FCBD) Preview and Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=61053)

AlZarkovski 02-09-2019 11:45 PM

TMNT Casualty of War" (FCBD) Preview and Discussion

Preview here.

Utrommaniac 02-10-2019 12:33 AM

So...Jennika got hurt...

<Looks into camera like in The Office>

Toxin45 02-10-2019 03:44 AM

So is this a preview of things to come?

Utrommaniac 02-10-2019 03:48 AM

That's...why it's called preview and discussion.

Toxin45 02-10-2019 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1793749)
That's...why it's called preview and discussion.

I ment if this happened in the main series it looks like jennika is toast.

Igglet 02-10-2019 04:31 AM

Well... Um. Okay. That's 2 months too early. Who screwed up this time?

Utrommaniac 02-10-2019 04:39 AM

It would be a bit weird for Jennika to die in a Free Comic Book Day issue, which is when IDW does their recaps before Great Big Events, but yeah, it would be happening within the actual story.

Igglet 02-10-2019 05:20 AM

Imagine if they just spoiled Jennika dying in a FCBD issue PREVIEW. This would actually be worse than what they did with Donnie.

Toxin45 02-10-2019 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igglet (Post 1793765)
Imagine if they just spoiled Jennika dying in a FCBD issue PREVIEW. This would actually be worse than what they did with Donnie.

Well issue 91 is coming this week took alongside shredder in hell#2

MikeandRaph87 02-10-2019 06:45 AM

Free Comic Book Day is the first Saturday of May so why is it set for April 10th, 3 weeks earlier? Is FCBD moved up this year?

ChosenOne 02-10-2019 08:33 AM

Okay, so... I guess I nailed it a while back when I guessed Jennika would be the title's casualty of war to ignite the conflict between the various factions. It's also worth pointing out that a casualty doesn't necessarily equate with a death, but an attack, be it deliberate or accidental, on the Foot Clan's current Chunin would certainly put Splinter on the warpath. Not to mention Casey and the Purple Dragons, given who that Chunin is.

So what else can we glean from this preview? The negotiations of issues 91 and 92 take place on neutral ground, wherever that is (any guesses?), and I'll wager there's a show of force from both sides given that Casey, Angel and Alopex are present. Karai will probably also take Bebop and Rocksteady with her if that's the case. I wonder if they have anything to do with this? Or if there's a targeted assassination attempt on Splinter, and Jennika stops it at the cost of her own physical integrity?

All I know is, these two meager pages from a FCBD issue are already chock-full of the exact urgent, action-packed vibe I was expecting from IDW's City at War as a big extravagant climax for the first 100 issues of the series. Can't wait to see more!

CyberCubed 02-10-2019 10:01 AM

if there is a bloodbath coming a lot of characters may get killed off. Slash might have only been the beginning. It would also be a way to reel in the main cast a bit as its grown too large.

Igglet 02-10-2019 01:52 PM

I don't actually think a lot of characters will be killed off. Killing characters has never really been IDW's shtick. The only characters I can really see dying are Foot characters (on both sides) and Hob, or another Mutanimal. Which, for IDW, is pretty much a bloodbath but still.

Toxin45 02-10-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igglet (Post 1793841)
I don't actually think a lot of characters will be killed off. Killing characters has never really been IDW's shtick. The only characters I can really see dying are Foot characters (on both sides) and Hob, or another Mutanimal. Which, for IDW, is pretty much a bloodbath but still.

Well yeah I guess you have point now we have to wait for the later issues and shredder in hell to finally tie in to issue 100 and beyond. They seem to only kill if the plot demands it but with shredder being involved again might be to conclude the pantheon storyline we will later see the next big bads Ch'rell,null,and maligna in future issues.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 02-10-2019 02:21 PM

Don't give a crap about Jennika, sorry.

Koya getting in trouble and ruining things for everyone? Color me shocked! :tlol:

ChosenOne 02-10-2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igglet (Post 1793841)

Smart money says Hun won't make it. I really want to see what Casey would do with his old man gone and Jennika dead or fighting for her life in a hospital bed. As for the Mutanimals, I don't think any more will die, save of course Hob. And of course, pretty much everyone is expecting this to be Splinter's swan song. Apparently he gets to go out after a much more level-headed approach to things than in the past 50 issues, seeing as how this preview makes the war out to be Karai's fault. But I guess we'll have to wait and see how things fall into place on that end.

MikeandRaph87 02-10-2019 02:25 PM

Hob defeates The Dragon Lord housed in The Shredder's body to end the conflict just esculating.

Toxin45 02-10-2019 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1793853)
Hob defeates The Dragon Lord housed in The Shredder's body to end the conflict just esculating.

Then shredder himself returns and helps get rid of the dragon and takes back control over the foot clan lol.

Utrommaniac 02-11-2019 12:43 AM

I'm pretty sure that the Dragon Lord will just be one big story line on his own, since it's what the story has been building up to sine the beginning.
So Saki being able to do anything about it probably won't be for a very, very long time.

As for the Foot Clan, I can actually see it collapsing back into obscurity at the series end game. Again, not happening for a very, very long time. But that might all depend on what Ch'rell gets up to.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 02-11-2019 02:43 AM

It's so strange to me that Oroku Saki and Ch'rell are separate characters in this universe.