The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   TMNT 2017 Action Figures (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=56884)

TurtlePower85 01-16-2017 05:22 PM

Whether we agree with it or not Playmates line forever has been the turtles sell, that's why we will continue to get turtle variant after turtle variant. I personally have no problem with it, but if you do then speak with your wallet. Big companies tend to follow the dollar not the constant whining.

snake 01-16-2017 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtlePower85 (Post 1653304)
Whether we agree with it or not Playmates line forever has been the turtles sell, that's why we will continue to get turtle variant after turtle variant. I personally have no problem with it, but if you do then speak with your wallet. Big companies tend to follow the dollar not the constant whining.

Not in my area. The turtle variants have been clogging shelves for months.

Huzzah 01-16-2017 05:57 PM

It's not even the fact they're Variants, the original toy line had Variants galore, but they were unique, often fun and quirky. The Variants now a days are mostly just the same recycled molds haphazardly altered, which in itself wouldn't be too bad, but the fact is that it seems they honestly have given up on new characters choking pegs out with a new turtle repaint, none of which are even consistent in their appearances (one will be Wave One, another set will be the Toon Turtles, the next will be the two molds pieced together and in never looks right). Which is a shame for those who collect the line.

TurtleWA 01-16-2017 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 1653295)
Am I late to the party on Playmates bringing back the micro-mutants?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rukitron (Post 1653300)
Nope. I'm wanting the rest of the play sets, but they're not out yet.

I found some recently at Target. Posted in my collection thread. Was surprised to actually see them but I guess several people have been spotting them lately.

Zulithe 01-17-2017 07:36 AM

More WWE Turtles... Sorry Playmates, I will never buy them. Hopefully the kids will. I guess. Though I'd rather they not, so you'll stop making them.

Kinda makes me miss the days when the ooze turtles were on shelves even if they did pegwarm for a while. Variants like that which actually feel more authentic to the brand.

Obviously I'd prefer all-new figures though. Still waiting on Muckman. How about giving us a Season 4 April?

tmntman 01-17-2017 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulithe (Post 1653384)
Obviously I'd prefer all-new figures though. Still waiting on Muckman. How about giving us a Season 4 April?

Ummm, she's been out for months.

Ninturtle 01-17-2017 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmntman (Post 1653388)
Ummm, she's been out for months.

Not in her black outfit.

Huzzah 01-17-2017 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulithe (Post 1653384)
More WWE Turtles... Sorry Playmates, I will never buy them. Hopefully the kids will. I guess. Though I'd rather they not, so you'll stop making them.

Kinda makes me miss the days when the ooze turtles were on shelves even if they did pegwarm for a while. Variants like that which actually feel more authentic to the brand.

Right? Those Variants while not the best, at least seemed like they belong, at least they had original molds. That actually matched with the toon aesthetic.

Also with April, Throw some knee articulation in there while you're at it.

tmntman 01-17-2017 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninturtle (Post 1653389)
Not in her black outfit.

Season four was the Dimension X season. There is a version of April for that season. If what you actually want is a season five April, it's probably premature to say whether they will or will not make one. Fortunately Toy Fair is rapidly approaching.

boosa 01-17-2017 09:53 PM

Ninja kick raph

hello has anyone seen ninja kick raph?? I have been looking here in vegas
for months have come up empty???

Ninjinister 01-17-2017 10:00 PM

Wtf is a Finn Balor

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmntman (Post 1653573)
Season four was the Dimension X season. There is a version of April for that season. If what you actually want is a season five April, it's probably premature to say whether they will or will not make one. Fortunately Toy Fair is rapidly approaching.

She's worn that outfit ever since they got back from space, so yes, calling it a season 4 outfit is accurate.

Autbot_Benz 01-17-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjinister (Post 1653586)
Wtf is a Finn Balor

Finn Balor is a wrestler for WWE

BYWInsaniac 01-22-2017 12:43 PM

Re:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjinister (Post 1653586)
She's worn that outfit ever since they got back from space, so yes, calling it a season 4 outfit is accurate.

It would be so cool to see a toy of April in the Bruce Lee suit! Give her the Dragon Tonto, too.

If it was a simple repaint, I bet we'd totally get it. Unfortunately, all that space armor is molded on, and probably too much effort for Playmates to deal with.

-JJ

DonnieLaForge 01-22-2017 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boosa (Post 1653585)
hello has anyone seen ninja kick raph?? I have been looking here in vegas
for months have come up empty???

Ninja action Raph & Don have not made it out anywhere in the US yet, although I think I saw that DVD has them. They must be part of the next proper wave that we are all waiting to see.

On another note...
I have only ever seen Spyline Loe/Raph at Walmart, and Spyline Don/Mike at Target. Kind of odd since I don't think they're timed exclusives. Wish they would push out a wave to correct all this and maybe slip in that Muckman...the pegs are all empty around me just waiting for it.

Autbot_Benz 01-24-2017 08:48 PM

Toy Fair is next month who is ready to be disappointed once again by Playmates and will Muckman actually happen this year or will it get cancelled. Find out in february.

Rukitron 01-24-2017 09:04 PM

I want the rest of the waves of Micro Mutants....

Huzzah 01-25-2017 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz (Post 1655628)
Toy Fair is next month who is ready to be disappointed once again by Playmates and will Muckman actually happen this year or will it get cancelled. Find out in february.

I predict he will be "delayed" again...

*cough*cancelled*cough*

TurtleWA 01-25-2017 02:45 PM

For those that are interested here is the Micro Mutants Mikey's Skate Park Video Review by Pixelated Daniel.

Raptor86 01-27-2017 04:42 AM

Found this pic on Facebook
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...c8&oe=591CA229

New stuff from london toy fair. There is also Usagi!

EddieNES 01-27-2017 06:17 AM

Usagi has Samurai turtles. That is awesome.