The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   My first TMNT episode (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57320)

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 02-01-2017 09:21 AM

My first TMNT episode

What was your first TMNT toy, and when did first see it? I first bought the "Epic Begins" videotape, and then caught "The Incredible Shrinking Turtles" on TV.

Wesley 02-01-2017 12:55 PM

I think the first episode I remember seeing was "Enter: The Shredder" or "Super Irma" when I was 3 or 4, though I'm not sure (I just remember seeing a scene or two from those eps).

pferreira 02-02-2017 08:48 AM

Return of the Shredder was the first episode I watched on Going Live I think.

Powder 02-02-2017 05:38 PM

Not a damn clue.

CyberCubed 02-03-2017 12:07 PM

It was probably a Season 2 episode. Obviously there's no way to know for sure.

ABrown 02-03-2017 12:43 PM

I'm thinking mine is a season two episode. I remember it airing on Sunday mornings. That would've had to be before it entered five day a week syndication during season three.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 02-03-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABrown (Post 1657597)
I'm thinking mine is a season two episode. I remember it airing on Sunday mornings. That would've had to be before it entered five day a week syndication during season three.

Season 2 is 1988, if it may help you.

Prowler 02-04-2017 03:12 AM

Turtle Tracks.

ABrown 02-04-2017 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1657612)
Season 2 is 1988, if it may help you.

See in the Fall of 1987/Spring of 1988, I was still 100% into Transformers. And then in the Fall of 1988/Spring of 1989, I really wasn't into anything. I believe that it was during that season (season 2) that I saw my first TMNT episode. Cause it wasn't until I saw the first movie in the theater in the Spring of 1990, after the series had entered five day a week syndication (season 3) that I really got into the cartoon.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 02-04-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABrown (Post 1657737)
See in the Fall of 1987/Spring of 1988, I was still 100% into Transformers. And then in the Fall of 1988/Spring of 1989, I really wasn't into anything. I believe that it was during that season (season 2) that I saw my first TMNT episode. Cause it wasn't until I saw the first movie in the theater in the Spring of 1990, after the series had entered five day a week syndication (season 3) that I really got into the cartoon.

Maybe you watched a rerun.

Storm Eagle 02-04-2017 02:17 PM

It was probably "The Case of the Killer Pizzas". It's the earliest episode I remember seeing, but I probably didn't watch all the way through. It's a season 2 episode, and I did see that one while season 2 was active, but I don't think I was really into the show until the summer before season 3 started.

DestronMirage22 02-04-2017 11:12 PM

Pretty sure it was The Great Boldini.
On a roll with these threads aren'tcha Original? :lol:

HeroTurtlesFan 02-06-2017 05:33 AM

My first episode was "Curse of the Evil Eye" from season 2 (though BBC never showed season 1, so the show had only been on for a few weeks). Watched it, loved it, picked up issue #1 of the Hero Turtles comic shortly thereafter.

First toys (there was a real shortage in the UK during much of 1990!) - my brother got Donatello, I got Shredder and my sister got April. I got the rest for Christmas that year.

Jephael 02-06-2017 12:32 PM

I remember my first real experience watching the show was catching the last few moments of "The Old Switcheroo" and then "The Ninja Sword of Nowhere". Looking back, it's kinda interesting to think that the latter of those episode had Rob Paulsen unable to play Raphael, ergo he was played by one of his 1989 substitutes. It wasn't until after watching reruns of that season during the '90s and becoming more familiar with all the characters that I took notice.

oldmanwinters 02-06-2017 01:34 PM

I really don't remember, but I think I caught a portion one of the syndicated episodes early in the morning before leaving for school.

Seems like it was probably "The Fifth Turtle."

I remember liking Raphael's personality and the fact that he seemed to perform especially competent in that episode. I got Raphael as my first action figure just because I loved the way the toyline box art looked and I thought the red mask was the best visual look.

The early weekday timeslot made it difficult for me to watch the show, so I was really happy when it premiered on CBS Saturday mornings, even though that meant I didn't get much opportunity to watch the Season 1-3 episodes that weren't released on VHS.

pferreira 02-09-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeroTurtlesFan (Post 1658081)
First toys (there was a real shortage in the UK during much of 1990!) - my brother got Donatello, I got Shredder and my sister got April. I got the rest for Christmas that year.

I got the four Turtles one year at Wimbledon market and they started to brake as soon as I got home to open them. :lol:

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 02-11-2017 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeroTurtlesFan (Post 1658081)
My first episode was "Curse of the Evil Eye" from season 2 (though BBC never showed season 1, so the show had only been on for a few weeks). Watched it, loved it, picked up issue #1 of the Hero Turtles comic shortly thereafter.

Didn't someone else air season 1, like sky. Having TMNT on BBC in the UK anyway is like if Sweden would have it on SVT. :)

pferreira 02-16-2017 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1659319)
Didn't someone else air season 1, like sky. Having TMNT on BBC in the UK anyway is like if Sweden would have it on SVT. :)

While it was being shown on the BBC Sky One showed the entire series. sometimes two episodes a day as part of the DJ Kat Show from the very beginning all the way to the end.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 02-16-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pferreira (Post 1660590)
While it was being shown on the BBC Sky One showed the entire series. sometimes two episodes a day as part of the DJ Kat Show from the very beginning all the way to the end.

But BBC is controlled by the government of the UK and financed as public service. Can just image how parents would complain for airing "violent children's series" with money paid by TV licenses.

pferreira 02-23-2017 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1660640)
But BBC is controlled by the government of the UK and financed as public service. Can just image how parents would complain for airing "violent children's series" with money paid by TV licenses.

They got around any of that by editing the hell out of the cartoon hence 'Hero Turtles' but yeah parents still complained it was a violent show.