The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New mini "TMNT: Dimension X" (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57789)

AlZarkovski 04-18-2017 06:28 AM

New mini "TMNT: Dimension X"

The new mini-series "TMNT: Dimension X" will be released in August. With "FCBD: Prelude To Dimension X" in May.

First look on Nick Pitarra's covers:

ChosenOne 04-18-2017 06:32 AM

Oh, now that's just gorgeous! You, sir, are an underrated gem in this forum!

Could that cyclops creature be IDW Bellybomb? :o

Utrommaniac 04-18-2017 06:51 AM

Definitely Bellybomb. It's an...interesting take. I don't think we've seen his Utroms out of armor before, so that's nice.

That Utrom-ish fish looks like it's going to be interesting, but that...living mustache looks...

Familiar...

Do put those tentacles away, sir, you don't know what you're getting yourself into.

ToTheNines 04-18-2017 06:55 AM

Ace Duck laid out on the mat?

oldmanwinters 04-18-2017 07:25 AM

The return of Stump Asteroid's Intergalactic Wrestling at last? Happy day!

Utrommaniac 04-18-2017 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1677507)
Ace Duck laid out on the mat?

...It does appear to be that way.

Also, any clue as to who the guy in the ring trashing everyone is? Maybe that's Hakk-R?

I keep imagining that tree dude next to him sounding like some kind of Justin Roiland Character. Like...if Mr. Meeseeks was cosplaying as Groot.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 04-18-2017 08:25 AM

Trippy. :tlol:

neatoman 04-18-2017 09:17 AM

... So many questions here:
  • Are the Utroms actually participants?
  • What with the Kuriboh thing?
  • If that's Ace Duck, why does he look like a mannequin?
  • Is that a weirdly designed Bellybomb or just a new character?
  • Is the anglerfish familiar to anyone?
  • Is that a small car or a big foot being cut off by the lampshade?
  • Who's the tentacle monster?

ChosenOne 04-18-2017 09:18 AM

I think I see Cryin' Houn' too... :o Archie character overload incoming! Not that that's a bad thing! :D

neatoman 04-18-2017 09:20 AM

Oh, and I forgot my actual question, is this an arc of Universe or a seperate series?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 04-18-2017 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1677534)
Oh, and I forgot my actual question, is this an arc of Universe or a seperate series?

Bobby previously confirmed it as a separate mini-series.

CyberCubed 04-18-2017 09:24 AM

It's a separate 5-issue mini, just like the Bebop/Rocksteady one from last year.

You can see Stump easily in the middle of the ring, which one is Sling? The tree thing with the vines I guess?

ChosenOne 04-18-2017 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1677537)
It's a separate 5-issue mini, just like the Bebop/Rocksteady one from last year.

You can see Stump easily in the middle of the ring, which one is Sling? The tree thing with the vines I guess?

I would expect Sling to be the same species as Stump, maybe the vine creature is IDW Snakeweed or something? If that's not Hakk-r, that is... But I don't think it would fit a hired assassin's M.O. to publicly enter a martial arts competition.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 04-18-2017 09:29 AM

It's separate from Universe.

It is also setting a new precedent for IDW TMNT. Sales must be good to justify the release of a weekly book, even if just for one month.

ChosenOne 04-18-2017 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** (Post 1677541)
It's separate from Universe.

It is also setting a new precedent for IDW TMNT. Sales must be good to justify the release of a weekly book, even if just for one month.

Technically we already had a weekly mini last year, but that was before Universe. Having three books in the same month is definitely unprecedented. This is quite likely the best comic out there right now, every bit of success and sales it can garner is more than deserved.

And hopefully one day we'll have three ongoing books... A man can dream!

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 04-18-2017 09:34 AM

What mini was that?

ChosenOne 04-18-2017 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** (Post 1677545)
What mini was that?

Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything.

Utrommaniac 04-18-2017 09:37 AM

I just realized...there are quite a few Utroms hanging around for this to be a Dimension X arch, if they've all been wiped out there. Unless they did realize my point that it is just a little silly for the species with a galaxy-wide empire to be completely annihilated on their homeworld. Of course there would be off-world survivors than just the ones on Burnow Island.

The tentacle thing could very well be some edition of Snakeweed too. Looks a lot better than the original too :P . Especially considering that I'm trying to resist putting my edition of Snakeweed into Audrey II territory.

As for the angler fish, I'm preferring to think for now that it's another resident of Utrominon. One that the Utroms treated as a sport fish.

And what is Mr. Meeseeks-Groot holding anyway??? Looks like an Utrom mixed with a manta ray.

DestronMirage22 04-18-2017 09:58 AM

Wow, IDW has been going full Archie recently, huh? Love it, such a good source to get inspiration from. I've always wanted Stump Wrestling make a return in some way, so this is cool.
Also, that reverse Bellybomb looks wicked =D

CyberCubed 04-18-2017 10:03 AM

I'm surprised Cudley isn't here as he debuted with Stump Asteroid in Archie.