The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Books, Comics, and Other Literature (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Comics orders rebound in five-week May (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58101)

TurtleWA 06-16-2017 11:28 AM

Comics orders rebound in five-week May

Comics orders rebound in five-week May; Secret Empire tops list, Liefeld has #1 graphic novel.

http://blog.comichron.com/2017/06/co...k-may.html?m=1

CyberCubed 06-16-2017 11:31 AM

Dark Horse only ships 20 comics a month? I guess losing the Star Wars license was a big hit to them, I wonder if they may end up going bankrupt in the next few years. Wonder what will happen to Usagi Yojimbo then.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 06-16-2017 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1690715)
Dark Horse only ships 20 comics a month? I guess losing the Star Wars license was a big hit to them, I wonder if they may end up going bankrupt in the next few years. Wonder what will happen to Usagi Yojimbo then.

Dark Horse also has Hellboy... can't think of anything else they publish, though.

CyberCubed 06-16-2017 11:44 AM

I also can't believe IDW shipped out 59 comics that month. I mean other than their big series like TMNT, Transformers, My Little Pony, and Star Trek...I can't think of much else to make them hit 59 comics.

They really have that many series going? I have no idea what else they publish.

Spike Spiegel 06-16-2017 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1690722)
Dark Horse also has Hellboy... can't think of anything else they publish, though.

They have the rights to the Alien and Predator franchises.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 06-16-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1690723)
I also can't believe IDW shipped out 59 comics that month. I mean other than their big series like TMNT, Transformers, My Little Pony, and Star Trek...I can't think of much else to make them hit 59 comics.

GI Joe, Doctor Who, and some original titles... The October Faction and Locke & Key are both great reads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel (Post 1690726)
They have the rights to the Alien and Predator franchises.

Huh, I never knew those had comics. Shouldn't be surprised though, huh?

I also didn't remember that they published Sin City... thanks, Wikipedia. :trazz:

TurtleWA 06-16-2017 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1690722)

I picked up some Turok from them about five years ago. So they have some licenses that could help them out. Like the Alien title Spike mentioned in this thread. Those plus other license deals could keep them a float.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 06-16-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleWA (Post 1690736)
I picked up some Turok from them about five years ago. So they have some licenses that could help them out. Like the Alien title Spike mentioned in this thread. Those plus other license deals could keep them a float.

Yeah, but Star Wars was huge... HUGE.

Not 100% sure Dark Horse will last without that license. They better start scouting some new talent!

TurtleWA 06-16-2017 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1690737)
Yeah, but Star Wars was huge... HUGE.

Not 100% sure Dark Horse will last without that license. They better start scouting some new talent!

OMG yeah Star Wars money is in a class by itsself for sure. Hopefully they didn't budget with that franchise money in mind.

TurtleWA 06-16-2017 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1690723)

Uncle Scrooge is the only other one that comes to mind for me. Although I think it is usually one of the lowest sellers for IDW.

CyberCubed 06-16-2017 12:22 PM

I never even knew IDW existed as a company before they got the TMNT licensed. Always knew about Image and Dark Horse.

IDW as a company is only a little over 10 years old too.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 06-16-2017 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1690748)
I never even knew IDW existed as a company before they got the TMNT licensed. Always knew about Image and Dark Horse.

IDW as a company is only a little over 10 years old too.

Same here.

myconius 09-11-2017 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1690730)
GI Joe, Doctor Who, and some original titles... The October Faction and Locke & Key are both great reads.

does IDW have Doctor Who? i thought that was Titan Comics?

MsMarvelDuckie 09-17-2017 01:31 PM

Dark Horse will probably be fine. Star Wars might have been their biggest seller, but Hellboy and its spinoffs were always right up there, too. And it was started by Hamill himself due to being a big comic book fan, so I'm sure that helps.