The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New Ep Discussion: "The Darkness Within" (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=11435)

Machias Banshee 01-22-2005 12:20 PM

New Ep Discussion: "The Darkness Within"

The human mind is an incredible machine. No human-made computer could ever compare to human thought or emotion. One of the greatest products of evolution ever seen in our known galaxy...

But what do you do when your mind turns on you? What do you do when you cannot control thought or action? The same mind that loved and protected, suddenly hates... and destroys. No one can be trusted, friends are made enemies, families torn apart...

The very idea of it can be frightening.

Angel's brother? What terrors does he succumb to? The promise of money and power- who wouldnt want this security? Money makes everything better, doesnt it? Or is it merely the root of all evil?
A weak mind is a dangerous mind in the hands of those who abuse them.

The Turtles go to help, but can they stop what they cannot kill? What is to happen if they themselves are lured into this deadly trap?

Brother turned against brother. Father against sons? How far will one go to destroy an enemy? Where does this evil come from? And is there a way to stop it?

STAY TUNED...

((Heh heh, thought I'd just get this done early to torment everyone. Mods are free to comment! :evilgrin: ))

oh yeah, one more thing...

WHAT ABOUT BEIJING?!?!?!?!

Machias Banshee 01-25-2005 08:10 AM

Hey, I'm back. I was just thinking about something, and I thought to bring it here for you all to look into.

There's an issue of the Mirage Comics called Turtle soup, with a picture of the turtles on a dragon. Well, if you look at the first story, its sorta like a poem, in some ways. Splinter is meditating when the turtles return from a mission. Mikey is severely injured, in a lot of pain. Splinter tends to his son, and the turtles fall into a fitful sleep. Theyre all having horrible nightmares, Mike's the worst...

Splinter sees this and decides his has to do something. Well... i wont tell you the exact ending, but those of you who have this issue might see some similarities to the upcoming ep. And if you dont have this issue... hehehe...

STAY TUNED!

Machias Banshee 01-29-2005 08:31 AM

Weeeeeee're OPEN! :D

Triceraton 01-29-2005 08:36 AM

The whole time this episode was on all I could think was it was a huge Lovecraft ripoff... and then the monster ended up being Cthulhu with just the colors changed. :lol:

creativerealms82 01-29-2005 08:37 AM

Anyone else catch Klunk in this episode?

Anyway I liked it, good knighmares except for Don's, ok his was good too but Leo had to watch Splinter die and then kill Splinter himself, Mikey had to deal with a one armed Leo (Image refarance) and Raph had to death with Shredder Raph (Another Image referance). Funny that the Image comic is only refered to in Nightmares, well I guess it was a Nightmare to Laird.

Good episode.

Ripoff no, insperation yes

Machias Banshee 01-29-2005 08:44 AM

This was an interesting episode. The first thing I noticed was the Pyramid with the Eye.

When the old man appeared and they went to the room with the big picture, I had the random thought, "Hey, this could be like Dorian Gray". Kinda odd, now I think of it. Once the old guy started telling the story of the evil critter, and how it lured Europeans to the Americas, all I could think of was the Real story of Illuminati (not the movie).

The Dreams were pretty weird, tho I have to say that Leo's and Raph's were the strongest ones to me. I mean, Leo 'killed' his own father! Or so he thought. Having a dream in a dream can Really mess with your head. he was SO sure he'd just killed Splinter, until his eyes started glowing again. Jeez.... when they get home, he's probly gonna go hug Splinter REAL good.

Back to the old guy, I just Knew there had to be a twist to the old guy. so he WAS the first to be lured by the evil creature's power.

So, all in all it was a good ep, even though I'll be haunted by the pic of Leo's sword going through Splinter.... :eek:

rayfillet101 01-29-2005 08:51 AM

Klunk! Angel! very creepy episode though, that monster looked like a giant shrimp! Very cool episode though, 5 stars

rayfillet101 01-29-2005 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machias Banshee
This was an interesting episode. The first thing I noticed was the Pyramid with the Eye.

When the old man appeared and they went to the room with the big picture, I had the random thought, "Hey, this could be like Dorian Gray". Kinda odd, now I think of it. Once the old guy started telling the story of the evil critter, and how it lured Europeans to the Americas, all I could think of was the Real story of Illuminati (not the movie).

The Dreams were pretty weird, tho I have to say that Leo's and Raph's were the strongest ones to me. I mean, Leo 'killed' his own father! Or so he thought. Having a dream in a dream can Really mess with your head. he was SO sure he'd just killed Splinter, until his eyes started glowing again. Jeez.... when they get home, he's probly gonna go hug Splinter REAL good.

Back to the old guy, I just Knew there had to be a twist to the old guy. so he WAS the first to be lured by the evil creature's power.

So, all in all it was a good ep, even though I'll be haunted by the pic of Leo's sword going through Splinter.... :eek:

what is the illuminati? It sounds interesting.

creativerealms82 01-29-2005 08:55 AM

First watching Splinter die and being helpless to stop it and then being forced to kill Splinter himself, yes Leo did get off the worst with these nightmares, Raph got off pretty bad two with a you are your own worst enemy type message.

Lioness-Goddess 01-29-2005 09:08 AM

Okay...this episode was creepy...but...

IT WAS SO COOL!!!

I love all the action and stuff...and Klunk! I didn't know angel had a brother...

And the old guy called Raph an ignoramus!! :lol:

It might just be me, but when Raph knocked the helmet off the Shredder, and it was him, did it seem like that one scene from Star Wars where Luke is Darth Vader? I thought so...

Triceraton 01-29-2005 09:14 AM

I'm telling you, read "The Call of Cthulhu", and you'll understand the basis for this episode: http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary...lofcthulhu.htm

See, this is Cthulhu: http://69.93.119.2/photo/1/showphoto...at=1636&page=1

All I'm saying is, if you want an action figure of the monster in this episode, all you have to do is buy that Cthulhu when it's released later this year and paint it red. ;)

Kazari 01-29-2005 09:34 AM

This episode was very boring to me *laughs* It was a cross between lord of the Rings vs. Pirates of the Carribean vs. National Treasure! Even the guy who was from the New World in the flashback looked like Sean Bean with the blonde hair in National Treasure. the only time I squealed during this episode LOL

The monster looked like the monster from the Faculty and all the TMNT fear's made since except for Don's.

*poutz*

I hope next week's is better!

tOkKa 01-29-2005 09:47 AM

omg omg !!

-->> http://www.lasvegas-nv.com/showpics/pennandteller.jpg

o chr1St..this is truly horrible.. !!

The beast has control over Penn !!

O MG OMG !!

..Vegas is doomed i tells ya !!
:o :o

rayfillet101 01-29-2005 10:51 AM

I wonder why Don's dream was about Angel not April...

Jo Dawn 01-29-2005 11:01 AM

Didn't watch it. Didn't have a really big want to. Maybe I'll catch it in reruns.

Zachatello00 01-29-2005 11:30 AM

Okay, Pirates of the Carribean much?

Buslady 01-29-2005 11:37 AM

well lesse

rushed.
not enough on each's nightmares
Leo stabbing sensei was shocking...

Don's was dissapointing
Mike's was weird, "leo" sounded REALLY unnerving
Raph's didnt give him enough reaction to figure out what his meant, falls into the not enough detail in the nightmares...

I hate rushed episodes. i think it could have been better.

Yeah..pirates of the carribean..yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me....

and that's why the thing looked familiar, it's been EONS since i've seen a pic of Cthulu...my bud Bryon was into all that long time ago

Brinatello 01-29-2005 11:45 AM

I actually found it rather cool! Dead pirates stalking every cove...I'm not going to say 'waitin' ta board'! Hehe! Yes, I do love Pirates of the Caribbean very much. Well, this is my kind of thing here, dead pirate zombies, underground cavern mazes, mind games, and just plain freaky stuff! It's a change from the usual battles they do with *real* humans! I thought it was going to be dragged out into like a three part trilogy the way "Notes" went, but they managed to fit it all into one episode! No, I don't like the rush feeling, either, but hey, it was only a one-shot, so we can't argue.

Don reading that Italian quote, "Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter Here" or Don said, "Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here." That has been used so many times before, in fact I used to have an opener screen for that on my computer instead of the Windows 98 logo. It was a picture of a dark, spooky castle with a person dressed all in black riding up to it. The 'Windows 98 is closing down' logo was a picture of a girl holding an old fashioned oil lamp and the caption read, "The End is Nigh." Speaking of Italian, it would have been better if the creature spoke to Leo in another language with subtitles. I mean, something of that magnitude below the earth would not know English, but its own native language instead. I usually laugh when a creature like that speaks such perfect English. Oh, well!

The 'fears' of each turtle was expected, and they had to think of something with Don. It could have been April, but then he would have been more confused with why she was down there. So, they chose Angel instead. I guess his fear was the fear of harm coming to any of their human friends. So, Mike's fear is Leo with tentacles for an arm, right? Hehehe. Poor guy. And Raph's fear was rather strange. It was Shredder first and then himself? Does that mean he's afraid of himself, or what he could become? That was definitely a brush of the Image comics, and could also be something linked to his far future. They say dreams/visions are sometimes prophetic. Hmmm....

Okay, one thing I've got to say with Leo piercing Splinter is the sword would have gone straight through and blood would have been on the blade. But, because it's a kid's show and it's Y-7, it only got as far as stretching his kimono. They still showed the blade pierced into his fur, and that's pretty heavy stuff for a kid's show!

And the ending, that scream Mikey does is so hilarious! I laughed when he did that! He was just funny throughout the whole episode.

So, I enjoyed it quite a bit, but that's because I really like that kind of stuff. Sorry, I'm strange that way, I guess. Anyway...

Kazari 01-29-2005 11:46 AM

Yeah i felt it was rushed too! I don't know..hopefully next week is better or somethin lol

jeff the cheff 01-29-2005 11:55 AM

That ending was real lame. That guy dies and they just make a joke about it and walk away. The turtles didn't even find out who he really was.

But it was a good episode anyway, just could have been done better.