The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Official Episode Discussion: "The Manhattan Project" (aka "Wormquake!") (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=46454)

Zulithe 03-02-2014 01:51 AM

Official Episode Discussion: "The Manhattan Project" (aka "Wormquake!")

[Edit by Machias: Since the episode's up everywhere, We'll go ahead and have Zulithe's thread as the official Discussion. :) Enjoy! ]

EDIT: Nick.com is now steaming "The Manhattan Project" for FREE, two weeks before its TV premier date. They are marketing this episode as "Wormquake!" but the true title is "The Manhattan Project"

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-seaso...es/id815769991

Yup the 42 min episode is already on sale. I'm downloading it now! This is the ep that doesn't air on Nick for two weeks!

Two sentence Episode Summary from iTunes:
Spoiler:
"Facing Shredder's deadly new assassin, Leo must decide wheather to risk his brother's lives or ask for Splinter's help. Donnie must put aside his rivalry with Casy in order to uncover a new Kraang plot."

Here is what iTunes has to say about his second half of Season Two (plot details) [EDIT: iTunes has now removed this entire summary! Probably because it is too revealing about future episodes. Read at your own risk]:
Spoiler:
The Turtles learn of a new Kraang plot, and face a deadly new assassin. As Leo struggles to decide whether to risk his brothers’ lives or ask for Splinter’s help, Donnie struggles to put aside his rivalry with Casey. Then, when the Turtles try and relax by playing a fantasy role-playing game, they must learn the difference between fantasy and reality. And the Turtles will battle new enemies and old, including Slash and the Newtrailizer, who have now teamed up, Baxter Stockman with plans to mutate April, Pizza Face, and Karai! The Turtle action continues when a master thief steals Shredder’s helmet, Raph switches minds with a Kraang, and April is kidnapped! Then, enter the mysterious and bizarre realm of Dimension X, and get ready for the ultimate Kraang invasion where the Turtles break out the Turtle Mech and face Kraang Prime!

You can buy the two-part ep for 4.99 or buy the season pass for 24.99 and you will get access to the entire Second half of Season 2 as they become available

here is a little teaser for everyone. They altered the opening sequence... again! It has the zip line stuff now and also some of the new villains.

http://i.imgur.com/6l2Vqq9l.png

*EDIT after watching the episode*

WELL GUYS! I'm kinda in a state of semi shock right now, I just finished watching Of Rats And Men only to find out immediately after that this was out... and was not expecting it for a full two weeks! What a great surprise. I just finished watching Wormquake... but I'm hesitant to post much right now, I'm sure most people won't get to watch it until it airs on Nick... so that is going to be torture for sure. And I don't want to make that wait worse than it is. But there's definitely a lot to talk about.

shredder orokusaki 03-02-2014 02:27 AM

Then does it mean that people who buy the episode now from itune can also see it today?! While all the others have to wait 2 weeks?

Zulithe 03-02-2014 02:29 AM

I bought the season pass and i am watching it as I write this.

But it says March 14th on the episode... I can not guarantee what will happen if you buy it and not the season... I don't know enough about how these things work.

You could try?

For all I know this could be a mistake that it was released early.

shredder orokusaki 03-02-2014 02:30 AM

Can you buy using payasfe card?

Zulithe 03-02-2014 02:32 AM

based on google, I think no. but you can try amazon or other places that sell TMNT episodes. Sorry, I don't have a full list.

*EDIT* I just checked amazon and vudu, and as of this writing neither are showing Season 4 yet. If anyone knows of more places that sell the episodes or seasons please post it

Also: I'm sure they will work this part out, but it doesn't show as Season 4 inside your iTunes library yet. I've had things like this happen before, they will fix it later.

http://i.imgur.com/0AoX01sl.png

JH24 03-02-2014 04:27 AM

Wow, thanks for the information, Zulithe. I hope you enjoyed it. :)

Although I can't buy it in my country it's nice to know people can have early access to the special.

Are you planning to post a summary or your impressions about the special?

LivingMutagen 03-02-2014 04:51 AM

So Newtralizer and Slash will team up, a thief will appear and steal Shredder's helmet, there will be a Turtle Mech, the Kraang will attempt to mutate April, Pizza Face and Karai and Dimension X.

JTH 03-02-2014 05:02 AM

Created an account just for this.

I'll get my 5 bucks out of this episode before it airs, I guarantee that. :D

NinjaPug 03-02-2014 06:31 AM

Hmmm. Do I spend the $5 now or wait 12 days?

The last part of the season sounds pretty great. I wonder who the thief is that tries to steal Shredder's helmet.

Machias Banshee 03-02-2014 06:47 AM

ALL the episodes are available now? That's gonna make the discussion thread setup kinda rough... :ohwell: I could set up the threads ahead of time, but I don't have the means for setting up accounts to access the shows- they don't even have the episode names on the nick site.

JTH 03-02-2014 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machias Banshee (Post 1221241)
ALL the episodes are available now? That's gonna make the discussion thread setup kinda rough... :ohwell: I could set up the threads ahead of time, but I don't have the means for setting up accounts to access the shows- they don't even have the episode names on the nick site.

No no, not all the episodes are available now. It's just a pay now plan at a discount, so you can just download and go when they are available.

LivingMutagen 03-02-2014 07:15 AM

oh god
someone was streaming
i watched the stream
oh god
too much awesomeness

Vicky82 03-02-2014 07:24 AM

Spoiler:
Just watched it and holy crap, it was awsome

JTH 03-02-2014 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LivingMutagen (Post 1221245)
oh god
someone was streaming
i watched the stream
oh god
too much awesomeness

I got to the point where
Spoiler:
Leo got captured in Part 2
and then lost it, have to download it all again.

You wouldn't mind telling what happened after that would ya?

LivingMutagen 03-02-2014 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jth (Post 1221249)
I got to the point where
Spoiler:
Leo got captured in Part 2
and then lost it, have to download it all again.

You wouldn't mind telling what happened after that would ya?

The person saved the stream, so I could give you a link that

JTH 03-02-2014 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LivingMutagen (Post 1221251)

That'll work.

Leofan26 03-02-2014 07:29 AM

*Sigh* Wish I could watch it. Can any one P.M spoilers on what happens to Leo this episode? Pretty please :(

The Turtle Terminator 03-02-2014 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LivingMutagen (Post 1221251)

Could you PM me the link please

JTH 03-02-2014 07:38 AM

WHAT THE......

http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/tmnt...l-episode.html

THEY'VE POSTED THE FULL EPISODE ON THE WEBSITE!!! :o

LivingMutagen 03-02-2014 07:38 AM

BTW, cheese phone