The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Game Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   TMNT are in Injustice 2 (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59094)

Ninjinister 11-10-2017 10:09 PM

TMNT are in Injustice 2

In case you're not monitoring the thread in regular VG discussion:

Mewzard 11-10-2017 10:13 PM

*Just finished reading TMNT/Ghostbusters for the first time today*

I can't believe this...this is amazing...@_@

Autbot_Benz 11-10-2017 10:17 PM

https://i.imgur.com/Ly0vALA.jpg

CyberCubed 11-10-2017 10:21 PM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...42/631/382.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/S3Ot3hZ5bcy8o/giphy.gif

sdp 11-10-2017 10:24 PM

Well this went from a game that I never planned to own to one I'll buy...well when it's on sale.

oldmanwinters 11-10-2017 10:25 PM

I thought this thread was gonna be a joke or a discussion of the character creation tool.

But wow. Just wow.

CyberCubed 11-10-2017 10:25 PM

http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/upl...l-Clap-Wow.gif

Can't wait to buy when the collectors edition comes out with all the DLC included for free 1 year from now. :lol:

Chaotix12345 11-10-2017 10:32 PM

Well, this is pretty much the definition of "unexpected." :tlol: Needless to say, this game has quickly jumped to my NEED list for the future because any game where I can slap around Batman, Sub-Zero, and Hellboy with the Turtles is one that deserves my time. It'd be super rad if their gear mods referenced some of their alternate looks like their Spirit Quest and wrestling costumes.

Allio 11-10-2017 10:33 PM

Hellboy and TMNT together? I got to be dreaming.

CyberCubed 11-10-2017 10:33 PM

And just realize this is because of Nickelodeon too. Whoever keeps badmouthing Nick for what they're doing with the Turtles license needs to get their head examined. We literally got two DC comic crossovers with Batman (with a third coming), and now the Turtles in a DC fighting game.

Ninjinister 11-10-2017 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allio (Post 1727751)
Hellboy and TMNT together? I got to be dreaming.

Right? It's all I've ever wanted.

CyberCubed 11-10-2017 10:52 PM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...93/590/6f6.gif

You guys should read the youtube comments on the trailer reveal, some people don't like TMNT it seems. :lol:

nellyp 11-10-2017 10:57 PM

This is gonna be awesome!

Autbot_Benz 11-10-2017 10:58 PM

ya on twitter people were loosing there **** that the TMNT were included over other DC characters

TigerClaw 11-10-2017 10:58 PM

I wonder what there Super Move is going to be like?

Coola Yagami 11-10-2017 11:03 PM

So are they gonna be 4 separate characters... or like one big composite of all 4?

I'm stoked, though I do understand the hate. I mean, the Turtles are basically 4 green humans with shells. More than half the roster would kill them. And if they are 4 separate characters, a non-fan could see them as 4 slots wasted where you could have say... just Leo, or maybe the Shredder, and 3 other DC characters.

plastroncafe 11-10-2017 11:08 PM

Okay....that looks awesome.
I might have to find someone streaming this, because it looks damn entertaining.

Ninjinister 11-10-2017 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1727756)
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...93/590/6f6.gif

You guys should read the youtube comments on the trailer reveal, some people don't like TMNT it seems. :lol:

I actually don't care what other people think. This made my year.

DevilSpooky 11-10-2017 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1727740)
Well this went from a game that I never planned to own to one I'll buy...well when it's on sale.

Same here.

But wait, does this mean there's a possibility of a TMNT game by WB? :teek: I mean, remember when Activision released TMNT skins for that one Tony Hawk game? Those same skins ended up being from Mutant in Manhattan so... :tgrin:

redsai4lex 11-10-2017 11:37 PM

https://media1.tenor.co/images/47bd3...itemid=8224887

I have always played the MK and Injustice games, and this is just a dream come true! :tgrin:

CyberCubed 11-11-2017 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz (Post 1727758)
ya on twitter people were loosing there **** that the TMNT were included over other DC characters

LOL, anyone who is complaining about TMNT being included is going to have my wrath brought upon them. I'm going to sic myself on these people like a rabid dog, not because they don't like TMNT, but because of how butt-hurt they are.

I'll tear them a new one. I'm going to have a lot of fun scouring tumblr, twitter and other forums for the next few days. I can't wait to raise some hell. And everyone knows good and well when I go off the hook, I cannot be stopped.

It's going to be a LONG week. :)

(Before anyone asks, yes I'm joking)

dl316bh 11-11-2017 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz (Post 1727758)

They should be more upset with the DC characters actually included. The Atom is alright, but not exactly my go-to for a new character. Then there's Enchantress. I realize more people are aware the character exists now because of the Suicide Squad film, but that's still a very deep cut for DC.

I enjoy the guest characters, because NetherRealm really go all out with them. Mortal Kombat X had a horror foursome in Jason, Leatherface, Predator and the Alien (all that was missing was a return for Freddy, who'd guested in the prior game). Now we've got Hellboy and the Turtles. When it comes to getting licensed guest characters they don't screw around.

Ninjinister 11-11-2017 02:37 AM

I wonder if this is the project Christopher Smith said he'd be Raph and Splinter in? (Splinter maybe showing up in their Super Move or Ending?)

Candy Kappa 11-11-2017 04:04 AM

Now I'm actually intetested in a Injustice game

Sumac 11-11-2017 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1727761)
I'm stoked, though I do understand the hate. I mean, the Turtles are basically 4 green humans with shells. More than half the roster would kill them.

One of the heroes in the game is Batman. You know, simple human, who without plot armor would have been crushed by Superman like an insect, so I don't see why Turtles are somehow special in that regard.

TMNT most likely will be 4 character in one, like you switch turtles in the fly.

There is a rumor that creators of Arkham games, Rocksteady making a new TMNT game. Though, at the moment it's just a rumor.

Ninjinister 11-11-2017 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumac (Post 1727801)
There is a rumor that creators of Arkham games, Rocksteady making a new TMNT game. Though, at the moment it's just a rumor.

This again?

ProphetofGanja 11-11-2017 05:33 AM

F#ckin siiiiiiick

Quote:

That would be awesome

RaphaelinSTL 11-11-2017 05:37 AM

Holy crap! I was asleep when the news dropped and my cat woke me up about two hours ago and I haven't been able to get back to sleep since!

I played the old Injustice game here and there and this new one wasn't on my radar at all ... but I'm definitely going to be picking it up later. I LOVED Mortal Kombat X and it looks like Injustice 2 is getting rave reviews.

Quote:

TMNT most likely will be 4 character in one, like you switch turtles in the fly.

Yeah, I'm wondering how this will exactly play out ... for selfish reasons - I would love all four, even with all of the same move set. It just gives me those Tournament Fighters vibes and I would love to play as Raphael by himself, but I guess we'll see exactly how it works out when some footage gets released.

Quote:

Good lord ... if that ends up being true, that'll be incredible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dl316bh (Post 1727794)
They should be more upset with the DC characters actually included. The Atom is alright, but not exactly my go-to for a new character. Then there's Enchantress. I realize more people are aware the character exists now because of the Suicide Squad film, but that's still a very deep cut for DC.

I enjoy the guest characters, because NetherRealm really go all out with them. Mortal Kombat X had a horror foursome in Jason, Leatherface, Predator and the Alien (all that was missing was a return for Freddy, who'd guested in the prior game). Now we've got Hellboy and the Turtles. When it comes to getting licensed guest characters they don't screw around.

Yeah! I loved that X pulled from so many horror movies and I hope they keep that tradition in the follow up. It was weird that they threw ill-fated Jackie Earle Haley design in the mobile version of Mortal Kombat X and didn't try to capitalize on using the classic design with the same move set for the console versions.

Man ... Hellboy AND the TMNT? This is awesome. Is this the final DLC pack for this game I suppose? There's talk of more coming out in 2018 ... but who knows. There was constant talk about another Kombat Pack for Mortal Kombat X, but that faded away.

Bry 11-11-2017 07:21 AM

We've already got Injustice 2, which is probably my wife's favourite fighting game (and she's a massive fan of fighting games in general) so this is... very welcome news. I usually abstain from buying DLC, but I might have to make an exception here. First Hellboy and now this. NetherRealm is killing me here. :tlol:

I really dig the look of them. When I first clicked the link, I was terrified we'd get some overly-complicated, jacked-up BayTurtles designs, especially considering some of the overdone costume alterations we've seen in the Injustice series already, but these look a lot like the Henson movie designs, just with a tiny bit of extra wraps and straps a la IDW. It's a solid, classic look. They're even shorter than the standard "human" characters!

And it's an extremely minor thing, but I appreciate that you can (assumedly) swap out the '87-style coloured arm and leg bands for Mirage/1990-style brown:

https://s17.postimg.org/s9xs020xr/injusticetmnt1.jpg

https://s17.postimg.org/9hlwwgwtr/injusticetmnt2.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by dl316bh (Post 1727794)

The only DLC characters that do kinda annoy me in Injustice are the Mortal Kombat ones, because... y'know, there's already a whole game for them. I get that it's a callback to MK vs. DC, but I just find it underwhelming in a comic fighting game to not get more comic characters instead.

Bry 11-11-2017 07:27 AM

And just for comparison's sake:

https://s17.postimg.org/xnwk7a5zz/turtles.jpg

...I love this so much, you guys. :tlol:

Allio 11-11-2017 07:36 AM

What if gear turned the turtles into different incarnation

MrTMNT2012 11-11-2017 07:42 AM

I was already going to buy Injustice 2 but now I found my definitive Mains.

Can't wait to beat Batman's ass with Leonardo! XD

Ninjinister 11-11-2017 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bry (Post 1727810)
And it's an extremely minor thing, but I appreciate that you can (assumedly) swap out the '87-style coloured arm and leg bands for Mirage/1990-style brown:

Yeah there's probably a few different gear/shaders that'll let ya tweak the turtles a bit.

RaphaelinSTL 11-11-2017 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bry (Post 1727810)
We've already got Injustice 2, which is probably my wife's favourite fighting game (and she's a massive fan of fighting games in general) so this is... very welcome news. I usually abstain from buying DLC, but I might have to make an exception here. First Hellboy and now this. NetherRealm is killing me here. :tlol:

I really dig the look of them. When I first clicked the link, I was terrified we'd get some overly-complicated, jacked-up BayTurtles designs, especially considering some of the overdone costume alterations we've seen in the Injustice series already, but these look a lot like the Henson movie designs, just with a tiny bit of extra wraps and straps a la IDW. It's a solid, classic look. They're even shorter than the standard "human" characters!

https://s17.postimg.org/s9xs020xr/injusticetmnt1.jpg

https://s17.postimg.org/9hlwwgwtr/injusticetmnt2.jpg

The only DLC characters that do kinda annoy me in Injustice are the Mortal Kombat ones, because... y'know, there's already a whole game for them. I get that it's a callback to MK vs. DC, but I just find it underwhelming in a comic fighting game to not get more comic characters instead.

I'm completely with ya on everything! Who would've guessed that in a game we weren't expecting to see the TMNT in at all ... we'd get some of the coolest designs. I cannot wait to see some gameplay footage of these guys.

You're right too in regards to the Mortal Kombat characters, it's not like Batman or Superman get thrown in as DLC for their series. There is that call back, but I'd much rather have other comic franchises thrown in if possible as opposed to MK characters in these.

Coola Yagami 11-11-2017 08:40 AM

Quote:

One of the heroes in the game is Batman. You know, simple human, who without plot armor would have been crushed by Superman like an insect, so I don't see why Turtles are somehow special in that regard.

True, but plot armor, but Batman has been shown beating Superman and whatnot before. I love the turtles but Raph can't touch Superman, but you know, whatevs. I mean might as well toss in Kick-Ass in there too and have him whup the snot out of Darkseid.

Now I do hope they go back and record new lines for the characters in reaction to the turtles. Don't mix and match the old stuff, record new lines for the pre fight scenes. Hopefully some references between the Turtles and Batman.

AquaParade 11-11-2017 08:47 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=08bolLn04cc

Check out the crowd reaction to the TMNT reveal. As a fan in general, it's really cool to see.

And yes, loving the Henson TMNT vibe. Fantastic.

Bry 11-11-2017 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjinister (Post 1727819)
Yeah there's probably a few different gear/shaders that'll let ya tweak the turtles a bit.

I will actually cry tears of joy if we get this as an option. :tgrin:

https://s17.postimg.org/nymyg45u7/wrestlingtmnt.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL (Post 1727820)
You're right too in regards to the Mortal Kombat characters, it's not like Batman or Superman get thrown in as DLC for their series. There is that call back, but I'd much rather have other comic franchises thrown in if possible as opposed to MK characters in these.

See, if I were a head honcho at NetherRealm, what I'd do is save the MK characters as DLC and instead give customers who own Mortal Kombat XL and Injustice 2 Ultimate Edition the ability to "lock on" the two games into one giant Mortal Kombat vs. DC experience. Even at a bit of an extra price to unlock. That would be something else. I believe they both use the same engine, so I can't imagine it'd even be that difficult. Though I'm sure the bean-counters think padding Injustice 2 DLC packs with a couple MK characters is more profitable, so... :trazz:

Diorm 11-11-2017 09:18 AM

Now that is the design they should always get in a videogame or movie! I wonder if they are a character played as a team. That would be original.
And yeah, I'll still wait for the unavoidable Ultimate version to get all the characters at once. Like I did with Injustice 1.

Cure 11-11-2017 09:35 AM

They're probably all one character with each turtle being a premium shader, like what they did with Freeze and Snart.

Coola Yagami 11-11-2017 10:26 AM

I haven't played the game due to lack of PS4 but do Cold and Freeze play exactly the same? I kinda hope they don't have one base Turtle you can switch between them as 'different outfits' because then the different weapons would just be 'there', like Zombie Liu Kang's chains that don't really do anything. I'd much rather have Leo as the base and have certain attacks call in the others or temporarily switch the Turtles or something. I mean... what else can they really do if they want to somehow combine 4 characters into one?