The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   neca comic turtles misassembled (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58238)

pressieguy 07-08-2017 04:32 AM

neca comic turtles misassembled

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Turtles toy fans.
i got hold of a set of neca black and white turtles comic figures. after purchasing them i noticed Raph that had been assembled incorrectly. it was missing a tail and its tail hole was at the front which lead me to confirm the lower section of the turtles torso had been assembled backwards.

i thought of removing the whole lower torso and flipping it around. my question is, does anyone know if the legs just pop off and easy pop back in? or are there any inner pegs i would need to pry some off?

Looks like i can twist the lower torso 180 degrees to fix this. Would anyone know where i could possibly pick up the missing tail? neca support doesn't seem to have any of these.

would anyone be able to shed any light on this?
much appreciated

Powder 07-08-2017 04:56 AM

NECA stuff can be pretty fragile. I would avoid trying to remove any limbs as they'd likely break.

go_ninja84 07-08-2017 08:15 AM

Not true i have disassembled these exact figures (i kick myself now for doing it to 3 B/W sets) for custom painting just boil and pop the arms and legs. For the belt just take an exacto knife and carefully run it around the inside to cut the glue. I cant stress enough take your time with that as the belt is thin and easy to slice through. For the plastron dip in hot water to soften glue then use the knife to cut. For the shell i wouldnt do anything with since you will almost always break the pin that holds it to the body. After you do your repair just get the hot glue out and glue body back together then just pop arms and legs back on.

Powder 07-08-2017 04:23 PM

It's very much true. You just got lucky.

Candy Kappa 07-08-2017 04:50 PM

Legit figures got a waist swivel. It might the easier to boil'n pop the legs, turn the waist and rotate the ball-joint hips and pop the legs right way back on then disassemble the whole torso.

The tail, you might have to ma,me on you'll or commission someone to make one.

pressieguy 07-08-2017 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Kappa (Post 1696728)
Legit figures got a waist swivel. It might the easier to boil'n pop the legs, turn the waist and rotate the ball-joint hips and pop the legs right way back on then disassemble the whole torso.

The tail, you might have to ma,me on you'll or commission someone to make one.

Thanks all. i was hoping that it was just a pop and rotate waist and pop back on.
thought it be a lot complicated. it be my first figure fix so im a bit hesitant to do it.

go_ninja84 07-09-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1696719)
It's very much true. You just got lucky.

Three times?

DevilSpooky 07-09-2017 07:53 PM

Well, for the tail I think you can always get one of those bootleg turtles for cheap on eBay and paint it white (no B&W bootlegs where ever released) and use it on the official one.

Candy Kappa 07-10-2017 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilSpooky (Post 1696958)
no B&W bootlegs where ever released

No, there was Bootlegs of the B/W Turtles. They suffered a lot from not having proper plastic so the white looked more yellow.

pressieguy 07-10-2017 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Kappa (Post 1696993)
No, there was Bootlegs of the B/W Turtles. They suffered a lot from not having proper plastic so the white looked more yellow.

yikes, i didnt know there was bootleg ones. im getting a bit anxious here, starting to think mine could be.

Candy Kappa 07-10-2017 05:49 AM

The pictures of your figure's plastic looks fairly white, and if you have a waist swivel and a ab crunch, and a pliable plastron, I don't think you need to worry. afaik they didn't replicate the 4-pack packaging just the tube package.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 07-10-2017 08:35 AM

None of the bootlegs have the abdominal hinge.

DevilSpooky 07-10-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Kappa (Post 1696993)

You sure about that? It's not the first I've heard of it but I've yet to find any proof of any B&W bootlegs ever getting released. :tgrumble: