The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Do you like the Shredder using guns or not? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57870)

Mexiun 05-02-2017 04:19 AM

Do you like the Shredder using guns or not?

I've been wondering about how people feel about the Shredder using guns (laser, psyonic, teleportation guns etc.)

Me personally i like him better without the use of guns, using guns doesn't seem very ninja-like to me, although on the other hand it does show that he does everything to win and 'cheats' inorder to get victory, that does show that he indeed has no honour at all like what Splinter keeps saying.

What do you think?

Candy Kappa 05-02-2017 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mexiun (Post 1680199)
using guns doesn't seem very ninja-like to me

That's odd, since Ninja did use guns, a ninjutsu technique was to make a musket able to fire a second shot before you had to reload. So the Shinobi was not unfamiliar with firearms.

landmines and grenades are also ninja weapons.

That said, gun fights are usually boring compared to a well done fisticuffs or budo fight scene.

snake 05-02-2017 05:07 AM

Like CK said, they're not as visually appealing. I wouldn't mind an awesome gun fight, but just not with Shredder. (A version of the fights in bodycount would be great for Nick's anthology format this season)

Technogeek29 05-02-2017 05:49 AM

It really depends the Fire Arms aren't new to the Foot (Before 2014) I don't see Shredder himself using them but it wouldn't surprise me if he took advantage of various heavy arms for his troops to use.

mrmaczaps 05-02-2017 07:15 AM

Should have been a third option: don't care either way. The turtles have used guns before... I wouldn't want them to toss their traditional weapons and go all guns but I don't see any issue with either the Foot or the Turtles using them. They might be Turtles but they're American born and technically would have the same Second Amendment rights as you or I (for y'all Americans)... lol

Mexiun 05-02-2017 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmaczaps (Post 1680211)
Should have been a third option: don't care either way. The turtles have used guns before... I wouldn't want them to toss their traditional weapons and go all guns but I don't see any issue with either the Foot or the Turtles using them. They might be Turtles but they're American born and technically would have the same Second Amendment rights as you or I (for y'all Americans)... lol

You're right i knew i was missing an option :oops: :roll:

Yeah guns to me are usually a 'no' with anything, to me it's very boring... and i'm not used to seeing ninja's (or the turtles in general) using them.

FredWolfLeonardo 05-02-2017 09:03 AM

I liked the few moments in the OT where Shredder got a retro mutagen gun and threatened to de mutate the turtles, or in Muckman messes up when he gets a real pistol.

But I prefer him sticking to Ninjitsu while Bebop/Rocksteady stick to guns.

FredWolfLeonardo 05-02-2017 09:09 AM

I would be interesting in seeing a tmnt version where Shredder is physically weak and has a cowardly/despicable personality but still easily defeats the turtles because he is always using guns and modern technology. The turtles in that version are far stronger than him, but helpless when they are up against him with his barrel staring them down the face, same with their relation to the rest of humanity.

Andrew NDB 05-02-2017 09:53 AM

I wouldn't really have a problem, in a protracted battle. As a general thing, why not?

Splinter the boss 05-02-2017 01:20 PM

It doesn't look as cool as using traditional ninja weapons, but I don't care as long as it's moderate.

Weapons@theready 05-02-2017 03:32 PM

I guess for me the answer is it depends on where we are at in the "series" I would like early versions of Shredder to be bold and brash and thinks he only needs to lean on his physical prowess as a ninja to defeat the Turtles.As the series goes on we see the Shredder turn more to weapons and technology because he is hell bent on beating the Turtles. The same goes for his henchmen, where he starts with traditional human ninjas and eventually he progresses to robotic henchman and mutants.

Cryomancer 05-02-2017 08:19 PM

He's more of a grenades kinda guy

Ninjinister 05-02-2017 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryomancer (Post 1680333)

And look how well that worked out for him.

myconius 05-03-2017 07:05 AM

i could see Shredder giving orders to Foot soldiers to fire guns,

but can't really see him using them himself.

why fire a gun when you have lackeys do do it for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryomancer (Post 1680333)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjinister (Post 1680347)

PERFECT!!!!! :lol:

Mexiun 05-03-2017 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjinister (Post 1680347)

I don't get it, can someone fill me in? :P

Candy Kappa 05-03-2017 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mexiun (Post 1680438)
I don't get it, can someone fill me in? :P

After Shredder was defeated in issue 1, he declined committing sepppukku and tried to detonate a grenade taking out himself and the Turtles. But Donnie knocked him still holding the grenade off the roof they where on.

And the, BOOM!

Mexiun 05-03-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Kappa (Post 1680441)
After Shredder was defeated in issue 1, he declined committing sepppukku and tried to detonate a grenade taking out himself and the Turtles. But Donnie knocked him still holding the grenade off the roof they where on.

And the, BOOM!

Oohh yeah you're right forgot about that.
Thanks.

Andrew NDB 05-03-2017 12:17 PM

Yeah, people forget that it was technically Donatello that killed Shredder the first time around. Basically.

myconius 05-03-2017 12:38 PM

it was a nice joint effort.

Leo set him up and Donnie knocked him down. :D

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 05-03-2017 12:48 PM

He can use both, depending on story, but in epic man against man-fights against Splinter, I prefer traditional Japanese weapons.