The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Terror Incident In London (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57594)

Vicky82 03-22-2017 09:46 AM

Terror Incident In London

There's a Terror Incident in London at Westminster, Parliament is on Lock down

Someone ran over people with his car, Stabbed a policeman, he has now been shot by Police.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news

TurtleTitan97 03-22-2017 11:07 AM

Man that's awful. :(

CyberCubed 03-22-2017 01:54 PM

2017 just keeps getting worse.

BubblyShell22 03-22-2017 03:14 PM

Dude, you can't blame the year for what has happened. Blame the people who cause these things to happen and with deaths, that's just the way life goes.

This sucks though on so many levels. My thoughts are with all of those who are victims of this attack and their families.

Mayhem 03-23-2017 06:01 AM

We get knocked down, we get up again... darkness and hatred cannot banish other darkness and hatred, only compassion, the light and getting the f*** on with life regardless can do that...

CyberCubed 03-23-2017 02:31 PM

It's weird, how often are there terror incidents in the UK? You usually hear stuff like this happening in the U.S., France, or Middle eastern countries, but rarely in the UK.

It seems like hatred is rearing it's ugly head in all corners of the globe. We also still have North Korea to tend with because all the Asian countries are under fear of nuclear strike.

Prowler 03-23-2017 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1670053)
It's weird, how often are there terror incidents in the UK? You usually hear stuff like this happening in the U.S., France, or Middle eastern countries, but rarely in the UK.

It seems like hatred is rearing it's ugly head in all corners of the globe. We also still have North Korea to tend with because all the Asian countries are under fear of nuclear strike.

They take security very seriously in the United Kingdom. As for this attack... it was a guy speeding and running over people. Not much could have been done to prevent this and he was eventually gunned down by the police, so...

I know you are gonna tell me Americans do as well... but no. Americans might be paranoid and have lots of technological means but their security isn't exactly the best in the world. The world champions in that are Israel by far.

Vicky82 03-23-2017 05:14 PM

This is the 2nd terrorist incident since the 7/7/05 bombings but we used to have a lot of terrorist attacks when the IRA was bombing us and if it wasn't for the Good Friday Agreement, they probably still bombing us today.

It's a shame that every terrorist attack is blamed on Muslims but we weren't blaming Catholics on the IRA Terrorist attacks.

Prowler 03-23-2017 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky82 (Post 1670135)
This is the 2nd terrorist incident since the 7/7/05 bombings but we used to have a lot of terrorist attacks when the IRA was bombing us and if it wasn't for the Good Friday Agreement, they probably still bombing us today.

It's a shame that every terrorist attack is blamed on Muslims but we weren't blaming Catholics on the IRA Terrorist attacks.

Europe had way more terrorist attacks in the 70s-80s but they were commited by fellow Europeans, usually far-right or far-left factions. That was truly the age of terrorism in Europe.

Vicky82 03-23-2017 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1670134)
They take security very seriously in the United Kingdom. As for this attack... it was a guy speeding and running over people. Not much could have been done to prevent this and he was eventually gunned down by the police, so...

I know you are gonna tell me Americans do as well... but no. Americans might be paranoid and have lots of technological means but their security isn't exactly the best in the world. The world champions in that are Israel by far.

Also Americans can just easily get a gun in shop and that's why they have so many shootings. In the UK we have very strict gun laws so it's very hard to get a gun in the UK, we still have shootings but it's rare but our biggest problem is Knife crime.

CyberCubed 03-23-2017 05:31 PM

Well the lesson here is no matter where you live, there will always be crazy/bad/evil people. Filthy criminal scum roaming our fair streets is where the inspiration for superheroes and comic books came from, because we want heroes to clean up crime and put the scumbags behind bars.

Prowler 03-23-2017 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky82 (Post 1670142)
Also Americans can just easily get a gun in shop and that's why they have so many shootings. In the UK we have very strict gun laws so it's very hard to get a gun in the UK, we still have shootings but it's rare but our biggest problem is Knife crime.

Oh boy, the gun loving Americans who read this will tear you into pieces for this :lol:

Andrew NDB 03-23-2017 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky82 (Post 1670142)
Also Americans can just easily get a gun in shop and that's why they have so many shootings.

Not that easily. And that's utter bullsh*t.

CyberCubed 03-23-2017 06:10 PM

Depends where you live. Up here in New York it's very hard to buy a firearm, but if you live down south where people are less educated and shoot each other all the time, it's a lot easier.

I remember being shocked when I was in Florida and saw guns literally hanging on the walls of Target for anyone to buy.

Prowler 03-23-2017 06:41 PM

Supposedly, shootings and gun violence in general is at its lowest since the 80s/90s.

I've always wondered how many Americans actually own guns. Like a percentage or something. I can see it being common in rural areas but in big cities like NYC and LA I doubt most people own guns?

I think the only people who own guns here are hunters, cops, military folk and criminals. I think it's pretty hard for someone to get a firearm license here.

ToTheNines 03-23-2017 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1670156)
Depends where you live. Up here in New York it's very hard to buy a firearm, but if you live down south where people are less educated and shoot each other all the time, it's a lot easier.

I remember being shocked when I was in Florida and saw guns literally hanging on the walls of Target for anyone to buy.

Says the semi-retarded shut in.

There are gun crimes in NY, too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1670164)
Supposedly, shootings and gun violence in general is at its lowest since the 80s/90s.

I've always wondered how many Americans actually own guns. Like a percentage or something. I can see it being common in rural areas but in big cities like NYC and LA I doubt most people own guns?

I think the only people who own guns here are hunters, cops, military folk and criminals. I think it's pretty hard for someone to get a firearm license here.

A lot of people do. They're less likely to be enthusiasts going to the range all the time, but they have them just in case.

CyberCubed 03-23-2017 07:43 PM

New York is considered one of the safest states in the U.S. to live in. There are police at every corner who will arrive within 5 minutes of you calling them.

Prowler 03-23-2017 07:52 PM

Apparently Alaska has one of the highest criem rates in the country. What exactly goes on there?

ToTheNines 03-23-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1670184)
There are police at every corner

Every authoritarians wet dream.

ToTheNines 03-23-2017 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1670189)
Apparently Alaska has one of the highest criem rates in the country. What exactly goes on there?

Check out "Alaska State Troopers". They party hard out there.