The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Avengers: Infinity Wars To Be Retitled (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=55138)

ZariusTwo 05-05-2016 08:36 AM

Avengers: Infinity Wars To Be Retitled

http://411mania.com/movies/avengers-...et-new-titles/

Quote:

In an interview with Uproxx, directors Joe and Anthony Russo revealed that Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1 and Part 2 will eventually get new titles.

When asked where they planned on splitting the film, they said that they aren’t splitting it because both movies are “entirely different”.

Joe said: “The movies are two very different movies.”

Anthony said it was “misleading” to have them labeled as “Part 1” and “Part 2”.

Joe added: “The intention is we will change it, we just haven’t come up with the titles yet. But, yes, we will change it. And, yes, that is a scoop: we will retitle them.”

Whatever the films end up getting called, the first of the two movies arrives in 2018, with the second film coming in 2019.

NinjaPug 05-05-2016 09:04 AM

This is a good move imo. All of the interviews with the Russo brothers, Markus and McFeely make it seem like these two movies, while still connected, really stand on their own individually. I hope this isn't just lip service on their part. I bet the 2nd movie will still be title Infinity War.

TigerClaw 05-05-2016 09:38 AM

Maybe the 1st one will keep the title Infinity War, and they can just change the title of the 2nd one to whatever.

TonySiegel 05-05-2016 10:12 AM

hopefully its something epic...

ZariusTwo 05-05-2016 10:18 AM

I think they ought to make one part "Disassembled" and have Wanda as the villain. Obviously since that story leads into House of M, they'd have to be pretty creative about the ending so it no longer ties into that, but it'd be a natural lead-off from Civil War and what happens to Wanda there.

NinjaPug 05-05-2016 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZariusTwo (Post 1575466)
I think they ought to make one part "Disassembled" and have Wanda as the villain. Obviously since that story leads into House of M, they'd have to be pretty creative about the ending so it no longer ties into that, but it'd be a natural lead-off from Civil War and what happens to Wanda there.

I could see that. One of the Russos commented on Wanda's arc going forward that could lead to that:

Quote:

Certainly Scarlet Witch and Vision. It’s a very compelling story. Obviously, it’s one ripped from the comics that, for many years, there was some very interesting storytelling and characters. One character is searching for how to identify with humanity, another who is on a journey away from her humanity towards becoming a very powerful being.

Andrew NDB 05-05-2016 12:10 PM

I dunno... everything thing I'm reading is, the first film is all about Thanos gathering the gems, and the second one is all about him using them in his gauntlet.

You know... kind of like it's Part 1 and Part 2.

sdp 05-05-2016 12:29 PM

What they mean is that it may be a storyline that continues like Star Wars but they don't want people to think it's like Harry Potter/Hunger Games/Twilight where they litteraly cut a story in half to make it two movies.

Is this really thread worthy though? Counting how many Marvel movies come out each year and each one gets a thread for discussion we don't really need more than one thread for each movie, so unless this becomes the "Infinity War" discussion thread maybe it would be better to have a MCU general thread were these smaller announcements can be posted but we still don't have a trailer/discussion thread.

AT-Man 05-05-2016 12:43 PM

This is great news, because I hate it when a movie is split in half. Make it two whole, complete movies.

TheSkeletonMan939 05-05-2016 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1575486)
I dunno... everything thing I'm reading is, the first film is all about Thanos gathering the gems, and the second one is all about him using them in his gauntlet.

You know... kind of like it's Part 1 and Part 2.

The one-year break between them, with other Marvel films littered in between, makes me feel like while they follow the same plot thread, they don't necessarily continue one right after another, like the last two HP films did. It won't abruptly end on a cliffhanger.

ToTheNines 05-05-2016 03:40 PM

I hope they get the Masters of Evil together for at least part 1. Obviously don't use that sh*t name, but a similar line up.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 05-05-2016 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1575582)
I hope they get the Masters of Evil together for at least part 1. Obviously don't use that sh*t name, but a similar line up.

It's the perfect way to introduce the Real Mandarin without having to do Iron Man 4, plus bring back the likes of Red Skull and Abomination...

TheSkeletonMan939 05-05-2016 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1575584)
the likes of Red Skull and Abomination...

Hugo Weaving did not enjoy his time as the Red Skull. If he were asked to do it again he would be contractually obligated to, but I think the MCU has moved on by now.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 05-05-2016 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 (Post 1575589)
Hugo Weaving did not enjoy his time as the Red Skull. If he were asked to do it again he would be contractually obligated to, but I think the MCU has moved on by now.

He's a guy in a red skull mask with a German accent. Trust me, if Marvel can recast Rhodey and the freaking Hulk, they can recast Red Skull without anybody getting their panties in a bunch.

AT-Man 05-05-2016 05:05 PM

Red Skull's human face is only a mask after all, so it can look like anything. Even black!

Andrew NDB 05-05-2016 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1575591)
He's a guy in a red skull mask with a German accent. Trust me, if Marvel can recast Rhodey and the freaking Hulk, they can recast Red Skull without anybody getting their panties in a bunch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AT-Man (Post 1575607)
Red Skull's human face is only a mask after all, so it can look like anything. Even black!

I was actually annoyed at how much Red Skull wore the Hugo Weaving face mask. We want to see Red Skull's red skull. It was almost as annoying as Spider-Man 3, when Venom's face kept morphing back to Topher Grace's... for f**k's sake, we want to see VENOM at this point.

ToTheNines 05-06-2016 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1575584)
It's the perfect way to introduce the Real Mandarin without having to do Iron Man 4, plus bring back the likes of Red Skull and Abomination...

Abomination! Hell yeah!

Real Mandarin would be great, he could be the Iron Man foil since there's no Crimson Dynamo and Whiplash and Monger are dead. It'll be weird if he's never introduced... I suppose it was 3 whole years ago, but they we're doing some heavy hinting between the IM3 prelude comics and All Hail The King.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1575591)

This. Plus, I just watched the director's commentary for Age of Ultron. It was very interesting to me that when Whedon was explaining the Thanos post-credits scene he said "Loki failed... Red Skull failed... Ronan failed, now he's gonna do it himself".

I'd say we're definitely seeing more Skull someday.

ZariusTwo 07-30-2016 01:36 AM

Marvel officially announce "Infinity War" will be a stand-alone

http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/29/123...source=twitter

Andrew NDB 07-30-2016 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZariusTwo (Post 1608764)
Marvel officially announce "Infinity War" will be a stand-alone

http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/29/123...source=twitter

Daamn. That's... a game changer. Methinks it speaks more of their confidence of the deal they've struck to get Galactus and F4 and Surfer and all whereas before it was like, "Ehhhh.... where exactly do we go after Thanos? Let's make this two movies mmm-kay?"

ToTheNines 07-30-2016 05:56 AM

So you think Thanos will be dealt with in the first one?