The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   How many people are in TMNT 2? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=52827)

aliena 07-21-2015 09:54 PM

How many people are in TMNT 2?

So far I have heard and seen pictures of so many humans I'm wondering if the turtles will be in it that much at all. So far there's April, Vern, Casey, Judith Hoag's character, Sachs, Shredder, Karai, another actress with a badge, some model, a kid named Trevor and a new bad guy?

I'm not even counting Bebop and Rocksteady. It seems like it's getting really crowded in there and unless it's going to be a three hour movie, it will most likely mean less turtles.

As much as I really did like Vern in the first movie, what purpose could he possibly have in the second one? As the third part in a love triangle with April and Casey?

Which leads me to quote. "Now, you do have turtles in your turtle movie, right?"

Autbot_Benz 07-21-2015 10:19 PM

I Don't think sachs is in this movie there haven't been any information or pics of him regarding the sequel.

Andrew NDB 07-21-2015 10:43 PM

Oh who cares, really. Fully expect an unbridled toyfest and nothing short of it.

IndigoErth 07-22-2015 12:53 AM

So many people in this, there's probably a better chance the Turtles will be on this side of the screen in the theater with a bucket of popcorn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz (Post 1485556)
I Don't think sachs is in this movie there haven't been any information or pics of him regarding the sequel.

Sounds like it, that or he's just really minor and only in a small amount of screen time only shot in-studio.

If he's not in it though, the space left by his removal is pretty negligible though with the many more they packed into it. Take out one, add ten more.

aliena 07-22-2015 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoErth (Post 1485610)
So many people in this, there's probably a better chance the Turtles will be on this side of the screen in the theater with a bucket of popcorn.

Sounds like it, that or he's just really minor and only in a small amount of screen time only shot in-studio.

If he's not in it though, the space left by his removal is pretty negligible though with the many more they packed into it. Take out one, add ten more.

LOL!! My laugh for the day. Can they be in my theater? I wouldn't mind seeing it if they were.

What is with overkill these days? They are doing that more and more. The saying "less is more" is a saying for a reason.

IndigoErth 07-22-2015 12:53 PM

Sure. :) Natural law of the universe, each theater exists in it's own dimension, which we are free to enter and exit through portals cleverly disguised as doors. This way we will all have them there.

Spoiler:
I think it will go something like this in each:

You take your seat in the theater just as the previews and commercials are finally ending. You glance to your right at your row mates only to notice it's the guys. [Insert fave Turtle] sits nearest to you a couple seats away. He catches your curious look in his peripheral vision and looks your way.

"Hey," he says.

"Hey. Um...aren't you guys supposed to be up there?" you ask pointing at the theater screen.

"You'd think so, right?" He asks shrugging and grabbing some popcorn from the bucket sitting in his neighboring brother's lap. "No room."

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-22-2015 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoErth (Post 1485741)
Sure. :) Natural law of the universe, each theater exists in it's own dimension, which we are free to enter and exit through portals cleverly disguised as doors. This way we will all have them there.

Spoiler:
I think it will go something like this in each:

You take your seat in the theater just as the previews and commercials are finally ending. You glance to your right at your row mates only to notice it's the guys. [Insert fave Turtle] sits nearest to you a couple seats away. He catches your curious look in his peripheral vision and looks your way.

"Hey," he says.

"Hey. Um...aren't you guys supposed to be up there?" you ask pointing at the theater screen.

"You'd think so, right?" He asks shrugging and grabbing some popcorn from the bucket sitting in his neighboring brother's lap. "No room."

If only our imaginary heroes were real or could become real...

Except then we'd all have pet dragons and train them to eat everybody else. It would be the war of the Mothers of Dragons (and Fathers of Dragons, too).

IndigoErth 07-22-2015 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1485743)
Except then we'd all have pet dragons and train them to eat everybody else.

This is a bad thing? :P

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-22-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoErth (Post 1485749)
This is a bad thing? :P

Not to US. But I suspect the ruling powers of the universe do not trust most of us with dragons. :tcry:

I tried giving regular injections of steroids and testosterone to my pet iguana. Turns out, the salary he made from starring in last year's Godzilla movie is totally gonna pay for my great-grandkids' college education.

... Aaaaaaaalso a bunch of lawsuits from trampled cities.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-22-2015 01:33 PM

I just checked which thread this is being discussed in, and am now disappointed it's not the Official Photos/Videos Thread.

I was hoping for more passive-aggressive coughing and reminders that there is a discussion thread. :tsad:

Dammit, Aliena, why couldn't you have started this talk in the Official Photos/Videos Thread? Why do you have to be such a nice person?! :tlol:

CyberCubed 07-22-2015 02:02 PM

I would love it if in the opening of the movie we see Sachs admit his failure to Shredder, and we see Shredder execute him in front of the Foot Clan by slitting his throat with his blades.

I know it will probably never happen, but I want to see Eric Sachs die on-screen in the most violent manner possible.

TigerClaw 07-22-2015 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1485765)
I would love it if in the opening of the movie we see Sachs admit his failure to Shredder, and we see Shredder execute him in front of the Foot Clan by slitting his throat with his blades.

I know it will probably never happen, but I want to see Eric Sachs die on-screen in the most violent manner possible.

I doubt it, Even though the first movie, They sacrifice one of the foot soldiers to demonstrate about that poison gas.

But they are not gonna go that far, I bet the sequel will have a darker but lighter tone, because of the director whose behind it, Made a family film in Earth to Echo.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-22-2015 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1485768)
I doubt it, Even though the first movie, They sacrifice one of the foot soldiers to demonstrate about that poison gas.

But they are not gonna go that far, I bet the sequel will have a darker but lighter tone, because of the director whose behind it, Made a family film in Earth to Echo.

Do you realize what you just said? :tlol:

I hope you eat too many breakfast burritos and get fatter but skinner.

IndigoErth 07-22-2015 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1485754)
Not to US. But I suspect the ruling powers of the universe do not trust most of us with dragons. :tcry:

I tried giving regular injections of steroids and testosterone to my pet iguana. Turns out, the salary he made from starring in last year's Godzilla movie is totally gonna pay for my great-grandkids' college education.

... Aaaaaaaalso a bunch of lawsuits from trampled cities.

:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1485765)

"These aren't your father's child's somebody's Turtles anymore."

Or let the Turtles off him. For what he did they should be allowed to skin him alive, roll him in salt, set him on fire, then throw him in front of a train.

Although seriously, recast Sack's character with Bay. Let that egomaniac be in it, when the Turtles get their revenge. Sweet, sweet revenge on screen and palpable off screen.

TrickOrTreater 07-22-2015 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1485768)

Wow. So you basically bought hook, line, and sinker what Amell was selling in that interview he gave recently.

Even the stuff that contradicted itself in the exact same interview.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-22-2015 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater (Post 1485796)
Wow. So you basically bought hook, line, and sinker what Amell was selling in that interview he gave recently.

Even the stuff that contradicted itself in the exact same interview.

But hey, he didn't quote the entire statement. This was shorter but longer.

Foombamaroom 07-22-2015 04:01 PM

"How many people are in TMNT 2?"

Well, the answer to that question is... too many.

TigerClaw 07-22-2015 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foombamaroom (Post 1485833)
"How many people are in TMNT 2?"

Well, the answer to that question is... too many.

with the Turtles, Splinter, Shredder, Karai, Bebop, Rocksteady, Casey Jones, April, Vernon Fenwick, Baxter Stockman, Laura Linney's cop character, and possibly Krang.

That's about 15 characters if Krang is in the sequel.

Powder 07-22-2015 04:35 PM

Somebody mentioned a "new" villain, too, post-Krang news, so that may factor in as well. Also, Casey is said to have a brother with whom he works at his father's shop...
Oh, & whoever Judith Hoag is playing.

TigerClaw 07-22-2015 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1485842)
Somebody mentioned a "new" villain, too, post-Krang news, so that may factor in as well. Also, Casey is said to have a brother with whom he works at his father's shop...
Oh, & whoever Judith Hoag is playing.

Do we count actors who have cameos too?

We don't know if she will have any more scenes besides her scenes with April.

It could be possible that Judith Hoag will have indoor scenes, Since we only saw her during outdoor filming.