The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Where Do You Fall On The Kinsey Scale? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57740)

Stephen 04-10-2017 01:18 PM

Where Do You Fall On The Kinsey Scale?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale

0 Exclusively heterosexual
1 Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual
2 Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual
3 Equally heterosexual and homosexual
4 Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual
5 Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual
6 Exclusively homosexual
X No socio-sexual contacts or reactions

snake 04-10-2017 01:50 PM

I'm str8, dude.

ToTheNines 04-10-2017 01:58 PM

I don't really understand what it means to be "incidentally homo/heterosexual". Little help?

Cure 04-10-2017 02:33 PM

I'm 0 as ****, but don't tell my boyfriend.

plastroncafe 04-10-2017 02:39 PM

I'm bi, which means I am neither heterosexual nor homosexual.

CyberCubed 04-10-2017 03:43 PM

I have no idea when all these new sexual orientations were invented. Back in my day there were only 3 things:

You were straight
You were gay
You swing both ways

That was it. Now all of a sudden there's 15+ different sexual orientations because millennials feel the need to "express themselves."

In my case I'm as straight as an arrow.

ToTheNines 04-10-2017 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1675552)
I have no idea when all these new sexual orientations were invented. Back in my day there were only 3 things:

You were straight
You were gay
You swing both ways

That was it. Now all of a sudden there's 15+ different sexual orientations because millennials feel the need to "express themselves."

In my case I'm as straight as an arrow.

Does it really count as straight if you've never touched a woman?

sdp 04-10-2017 03:49 PM

It's a case of all these social outcasts teaming up together an fascist alt-left people who give them a voice in the name of SJW and relevancy.

If you want to consider yourself one 20+ genders then knock yourself out and live your life fully but the moment you want me to refer to you as Zer or refer ro myself as cis then you're ****ing nuts. And I'm not kidding just take a look at how the alt-left bullies people and want to make it a crime if you don't use one of their gender pronouns they invented to make themselves feel special.

#whytrumpwon

snake 04-10-2017 04:59 PM

Personally, I identify as a Cybercuban.

IndigoErth 04-10-2017 05:54 PM

Come on, ya bunch of toonophiles, be honest. :tlol:

Never had any same-gender interests. Straight as ninjato, but without the fakeness.

Of all polls to have names visible though... Will pass, feels a bit too segregating in a way.

MsMarvelDuckie 04-10-2017 09:14 PM

Exclusively a one-man woman though I HAVE at least considered the notion of trying out "other flavors" during those odd moments of letting myself fantasize what that might be like.

mrmaczaps 04-10-2017 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1675559)
It's a case of all these social outcasts teaming up together an fascist alt-left people who give them a voice in the name of SJW and relevancy.

If you want to consider yourself one 20+ genders then knock yourself out and live your life fully but the moment you want me to refer to you as Zer or refer ro myself as cis then you're ****ing nuts. And I'm not kidding just take a look at how the alt-left bullies people and want to make it a crime if you don't use one of their gender pronouns they invented to make themselves feel special.

#whytrumpwon

I think its New York where you can legally be fined for getting that crazy wrong.

Prowler 04-10-2017 09:42 PM

LMAO what's with the odd threads tonight? :lol:

I am a heterossexual cis-het privileged male(did I say that right, plastron?).

I don't think sexuality is so simple you can put it on a scale like this. I mean incidentally homossexual? What does that even mean?

IndigoErth 04-10-2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1675699)
I mean incidentally homossexual? What does that even mean?

Maybe... "Well there was that ONE time after too much alcohol..." lol

ProactiveMan 04-11-2017 02:08 AM

I don't think the Kinsey scale was intended to be used in this manor. It's a bit like conducting a Myers Briggs test, but skipping the test part and just asking people which personality type they were.

I don't know that the answer would be that useful to people anyway - you like who you like, so who needs an official classification?!

plastroncafe 04-11-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1675699)
LMAO what's with the odd threads tonight? :lol:

I am a heterossexual cis-het privileged male(did I say that right, plastron?).

I don't think sexuality is so simple you can put it on a scale like this. I mean incidentally homossexual? What does that even mean?

Not really.

Het is short for heterosexual, so it's redundant.
Either you're EXTRA STRAIGHT or you're using it like a double negative, and gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous.

Kinsey's Spectrum was revolutionary for the time, and works really well provided you view sexuality like a binary...which a lot of people don't.
Me included.
Again, I'm bi...I'm not equally homosexual and equally heterosexual.
The same way a futon isn't equally a couch and a bed. It's still a futon.

As for the question of "incidentally homosexual," that to me seems like a question of whether or not a person would find themselves with a same sex attraction should the proper situation/person present(s) it/themselves.

I've heard more than a few straight guys talk about the one dude they'd sleep with.
That'd be incidental homosexuality.

Though I wouldn't consider a guy who had a one-nighter with...crap...who do guys find attractive as guys? Jason Momoa?
Yeah, a straight guy who has a one-nighter with Jason Momoa...isn't suddenly gay. He's a straight guy who had a one-nighter with Jason Momoa.

Candy Kappa 04-11-2017 11:51 AM

I'm bi. I guess that's a 3 by the scale from 1948:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1675813)
gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous

I'm gonna steal that for something.

plastroncafe 04-11-2017 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Kappa (Post 1675821)
I'm bi. I guess that's a 3 by the scale from 1948:lol:

I'm gonna steal that for something.

As well you should! Goodness knows I did.
It's from Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaimen.

ToTheNines 04-11-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1675813)
Again, I'm bi...I'm not equally homosexual and equally heterosexual.
The same way a futon isn't equally a couch and a bed. It's still a futon.

Lol, excellent analogy!

Quote:

As for the question of "incidentally homosexual," that to me seems like a question of whether or not a person would find themselves with a same sex attraction should the proper situation/person present(s) it/themselves.

I've heard more than a few straight guys talk about the one dude they'd sleep with.
That'd be incidental homosexuality.
Thanks, that makes more sense now.

Quote:

Though I wouldn't consider a guy who had a one-nighter with...crap...who do guys find attractive as guys?
Paul Rudd!

DestronMirage22 04-11-2017 12:22 PM

Had to Google to find my answer in the terms listed. I'm straight, even though I've never actually had any romantic stuff happen in my life.