The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Hello (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=63165)

iTutle 10-16-2020 08:32 PM

Hello

Hello,

my name is Vlad. I am a big fan of TMNT (surprise!). I am 31 y.o. and when I was a kid, TMNT was the first comic book that I've ever had. I registered here in 2013, but have never posted anything yet. When I will have time, I share my collection.

Thank you.

Wesley 10-17-2020 08:37 AM

Welcome. We share the same avatar lol. Raphael is one of my favourite characters too along with Leonardo.

iTutle 10-17-2020 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wesley (Post 1864677)
Welcome. We share the same avatar lol. Raphael is one of my favourite characters too along with Leonardo.

Oh, I am sorry man. I merely picked a random avatar from the library. I will change a bit later :D

garsh 10-17-2020 01:38 PM

Hi! That's seriously a long time to lurk before making your first post.

What motivated you to finally chime in after all these years?

iTutle 10-17-2020 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garsh (Post 1864695)
Hi! That's seriously a long time to lurk before making your first post.

What motivated you to finally chime in after all these years?

Hello!

Thank you for your question. Well, when I registered here I didn't know the English language at all. I literally couldn't say a word. I used to live in Russia at that time and I've been collecting TMNT related stuff from eBay. In our Russian community, I heard about "The Technodrome Forums" and decided to register here with the hope to get any TMNT stuff from here. Unfortunately, I couldn't be a full participant in any discussions due to the lack of English language skills.
This went on until 2016 and I finally started visiting English classes. In 2017 I moved to the United States and finally can attend and understand discussions. Also I can collect my favorite TMNT stuff here much easier :)
Btw, according to my profile, my join date is 10-18-2013. So, tomorrow will be my 7th anniversary here :)

Splinter the boss 10-18-2020 10:04 AM

Well congratulations finally coming in the open lol, also I must say it seems to me u now are very proficient in the English language. Well done!

iTutle 10-18-2020 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splinter the boss (Post 1864757)
Well congratulations finally coming in the open lol, also I must say it seems to me u now are very proficient in the English language. Well done!

Thank you, appreciate it!

garsh 10-18-2020 04:11 PM

Wow, amazing! I could tell English wasn't your first language, but to have learned such fluency so quick, I'm envious! Happy 7th Anniversary, today is the day! :D Oh and welcome to the USA, glad you could join us!

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 10-19-2020 05:51 AM

Welcome into the Technodrome.