The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   SDCC Exclusive NECA TMNT Speculation (2019) (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=61417)

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 05-19-2019 08:31 AM

SDCC Exclusive NECA TMNT Speculation (2019)
 
I am thinking we will find out within the next week or so what the NECA TMNT exclusive will be this year. A new member has said that insiders told him it will be another movie box set with a character not made in 1:4 scale already (which may or may not be true).

If it is though, what do you think the fourth character will be/the accessories exclusive to the box will be? Tatsu? Splinter chained to a small piece of warehouse wall? Will this base constitute the additional accessories or be included with a future retail release? Will Raphael in his Trenchcoat be part of this set but never go to retail? Will the Foot weapons rack with additional battle axes also be exclusive to SDCC but never see retail? Discuss.

psychturtle 05-19-2019 08:54 AM

I honestly have no idea. It may be villains, it may be a mix. Maybe a 3-pack (casey, April, splinter). Iím getting it either way

Turnstone 05-19-2019 10:28 AM

It will be a movie villains in 6 inch box set including Tatsu.

Redrumh2o 05-19-2019 02:15 PM

Just give me a movie Casey and I am good forever

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 05-19-2019 02:18 PM

I actually want April more than Casey. These collector toys just leak out soooo slowly.

Powder 05-19-2019 06:47 PM

Shredder, two Foot, & a Tatsu. Sounds like a stupid sitcom title. :tlol:

That would be my guess, though, assuming they can get Toshishiro Obata's likeness (or work around it by making a generic, which is acceptable IMO).

tmntfannumerouno 05-19-2019 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1806722)
Shredder, two Foot, & a Tatsu. Sounds like a stupid sitcom title. :tlol:

That would be my guess, though, assuming they can get Toshishiro Obata's likeness (or work around it by making a generic, which is acceptable IMO).

If you add “and a pizza place” I think you may have something there. What ever happened to the Dimension X set?

teemu 05-19-2019 08:29 PM

Hopefully Casey Jones

cloud 05-19-2019 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1806722)
Shredder, two Foot, & a Tatsu. Sounds like a stupid sitcom title. :tlol:

That would be my guess, though, assuming they can get Toshishiro Obata's likeness (or work around it by making a generic, which is acceptable IMO).

If Tatsu's that half assed I rather not have it. Being NECA, I'm sure that wouldn't happen.

The SDCC exclusives are always exciting.

RicksNerdLife 05-19-2019 11:32 PM

World Turtle Day is the 23rd, Thursday.

Jus' sayin'...

ProdUK 05-20-2019 01:31 AM

Iím gonna go with Raph in disguise, Casey vs Shredder and foot.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 05-20-2019 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno (Post 1806725)
If you add ďand a pizza placeĒ I think you may have something there. What ever happened to the Dimension X set?

If you're referring to tje next round of arcade figures, they're the next NYCC exclusive.

RicksNerdLife 05-20-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** (Post 1806770)
If you're referring to tje next round of arcade figures, they're the next NYCC exclusive.

Who says that?

tmntfannumerouno 05-20-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** (Post 1806770)
If you're referring to tje next round of arcade figures, they're the next NYCC exclusive.

You’re probably right on that one. Either con doesn’t matter to me as long as they actually get released.

sdp 05-20-2019 02:27 PM

Didn't NECA say they wouldn't do Casey Jones? If I'm making that up then yeah I'd bet it's casey jones I just remember hearing it wasn't him on a tweet I think. Casey, Shredder, two foot and you have an exclusive set.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicksNerdLife (Post 1806801)
Who says that?

I'm not sure why you think he would say it if he didn't *KNOW* it. Nor why it sounds so incredibly out of the realm of possibility...

But he runs a little ebay store called TheGreatestTMNTurtlesSellerEVER (hence the name), and he is an industry insider/scooper. You can check out his clues to see his accuracy is pretty high, and on point on past, assorted other toylines.

There will be arcade figures at NYCC.

NECA is heading it up.

Now, let's try not to be so jerky to the old guy, yeah? He's sharing cool info with you that he didn't have to. You're welcome. :roll:

RicksNerdLife 05-20-2019 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1806809)
Didn't NECA say they wouldn't do Casey Jones? If I'm making that up then yeah I'd bet it's casey jones I just remember hearing it wasn't him on a tweet I think. Casey, Shredder, two foot and you have an exclusive set.



I'm not sure why you think he would say it if he didn't *KNOW* it. Nor why it sounds so incredibly out of the realm of possibility...

But he runs a little ebay store called TheGreatestTMNTurtlesSellerEVER (hence the name), and he is an industry insider/scooper. You can check out his clues to see his accuracy is pretty high, and on point on past, assorted other toylines.

There will be arcade figures at NYCC.

NECA is heading it up.

Now, let's try not to be so jerky to the old guy, yeah? He's sharing cool info with you that he didn't have to. You're welcome. :roll:

Awwwwww, still bitter?

Or perhaps I ask that because I heard something otherwise.

Try again, and try harder.

Even sadder is that you had to go find my post to see what I said so you could copy and paste your little idiocy here. Now don't clutter another post with this nonsense.

Ya see. Maybe the problem you have with him isn't him. Maybe the problem is you.

inaheap 05-20-2019 04:58 PM

Just some food for thought on NYCC speculation. I don't think NECA has even been there since they did the Comic Villain packs. Here's hoping we get some good SDCC teasers this week!

RicksNerdLife 05-20-2019 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inaheap (Post 1806829)
Just some food for thought on NYCC speculation. I don't think NECA has even been there since they did the Comic Villain packs. Here's hoping we get some good SDCC teasers this week!

NECA will be revealing their SDCC exclusives this week. Turtles will be on Thursday for World Turtle Day.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 05-21-2019 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicksNerdLife (Post 1806801)
Who says that?

NECA announced it awhile ago.

RicksNerdLife 05-21-2019 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** (Post 1806891)
NECA announced it awhile ago.

No, they most certainly did not.

As a matter of fact, Randy even made it a point at Toy Fair to mention that the figures were put out in arcade style as a sort of red herring, and they are being done in cartoon colors for Target, instead.

tmntfannumerouno 05-21-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicksNerdLife (Post 1806892)
No, they most certainly did not.

As a matter of fact, Randy even made it a point at Toy Fair to mention that the figures were put out in arcade style as a sort of red herring, and they are being done in cartoon colors for Target, instead.

I’v watched the videos from multiple YouTube channels and I don’t remember hearing that. I’d like to hear it though if you can post a link. Either way whether they’re video game style or toon style it’ll be nice to finally get these released.

RicksNerdLife 05-21-2019 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno (Post 1806914)
Iív watched the videos from multiple YouTube channels and I donít remember hearing that. Iíd like to hear it though if you can post a link. Either way whether theyíre video game style or toon style itíll be nice to finally get these released.

You're right. He didn't say that it was a red herring specifically. But that the intention was for them to be cartoon.

Arcades are still happening. But more than likely retail exclusives, NOT NYCC. Semantics, I'm sure someone will argue.

He begins talking about Turtles pretty right away. It's hard to hear. This is the only interview where I heard him publicly mention it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJZg929wZEk&t=524s

tmntfannumerouno 05-21-2019 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicksNerdLife (Post 1806915)
You're right. He didn't say that it was a red herring specifically. But that the intention was for them to be cartoon.

Arcades are still happening. But more than likely retail exclusives, NOT NYCC. Semantics, I'm sure someone will argue.

He begins talking about Turtles pretty right away. It's hard to hear. This is the only interview where I heard him publicly mention it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJZg929wZEk&t=524s

All I have to say is I like what I heard.

RaphaelinSTL 05-21-2019 02:51 PM

Randy still mentioned another 1/4th scale figure in the works as well. I'm guessing Tatsu since in the Pixel Dan video he made mention that it all correlated ... though since they've already made a Casey Jones mask, I'm not going to rule him out as well.

inaheap 05-21-2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicksNerdLife (Post 1806835)
NECA will be revealing their SDCC exclusives this week. Turtles will be on Thursday for World Turtle Day.

Don't doubt it. In fact I wouldn't be suprised to get a tease or two today and tomorrow. I was talking about New York Comic Con.

RicksNerdLife 05-21-2019 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inaheap (Post 1806921)
Don't doubt it. In fact I wouldn't be suprised to get a tease or two today and tomorrow. I was talking about New York Comic Con.

You said "I hope we get some good SDCC teases this week". Just confirming that we will be.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 05-22-2019 08:25 AM

The Arcade figures were confirmed for NYCC 2019.

RicksNerdLife 05-22-2019 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** (Post 1806998)
The Arcade figures were confirmed for NYCC 2019.

Again, by whom? Because, again, I've heard otherwise. Was this public? Because they haven't even announced their SDCC stuff yet.

Chaotix12345 05-22-2019 05:55 PM

Yeah, I'm wondering about that, too, because I REALLLY want me that TiT Slash and the only reference I've seen to those figures being NYCC exclusive was here.

italianice388 05-22-2019 06:18 PM

This will be a movie set with small scale shredder, foot soldier (2x) and splinter. It will be announced tomorrow.

italianice388 05-22-2019 06:23 PM

Toon sets from wave 2 (bebop & rocksteady,
slash & leatherhead, and one more set) will come in fall / holiday

Autbot_Benz 05-22-2019 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by italianice388 (Post 1807041)
This will be a movie set with small scale shredder, foot soldier (2x) and splinter. It will be announced tomorrow.

Why would they release a small scale splinter before they have even done a 1/4th scale splinter. Usually its 1/4th version than small scale version

🤔

sdp 05-22-2019 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicksNerdLife (Post 1807001)
Again, by whom? Because, again, I've heard otherwise. Was this public? Because they haven't even announced their SDCC stuff yet.

I mean, He can. He is.

And it's not so much on you being suspicious. That's fine. It's everything to do with the approach. There are more tactful ways. Saying "Oh, hey, that's cool. Not to be rude, but what are your sources on this?" would be one way...

...you turd decided to go another route.

And especially over something so ridiculous. How/why would he make this up? If you sit back and think for two seconds, I mean, you're looking at a figure already, of which they clearly got the license for. Wouldn't common sense dictate that if they have the license for something as super popular as this, they would want to capitalize on that? That this would NOT be a one and done?

I understand common sense and tact aren't strongly held values on message boards, but come on. Let's at least *try* using them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by italianice388 (Post 1807041)
This will be a movie set with small scale shredder, foot soldier (2x) and splinter. It will be announced tomorrow.

I like this sourceless insider more already.

slaysghosts 05-22-2019 11:25 PM

I think a rival pack would be fun. Shredder vs splinter & Casey vs tatsu. But that would be so many new sculpts at once. Guessing shredder, 2 foot, and tatsu.. if I had to hazard a guess. Without checking, I wonder if tatsu would already share some pieces from Niander Wallace.

RicksNerdLife 05-23-2019 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1807062)
I mean, He can. He is.

And it's not so much on you being suspicious. That's fine. It's everything to do with the approach. There are more tactful ways. Saying "Oh, hey, that's cool. Not to be rude, but what are your sources on this?" would be one way...

...you turd decided to go another route.

And especially over something so ridiculous. How/why would he make this up? If you sit back and think for two seconds, I mean, you're looking at a figure already, of which they clearly got the license for. Wouldn't common sense dictate that if they have the license for something as super popular as this, they would want to capitalize on that? That this would NOT be a one and done?

I understand common sense and tact aren't strongly held values on message boards, but come on. Let's at least *try* using them.



I like this sourceless insider more already.

Yawnnnn.

You're boring. And your crap won't work on me. But please, keep wasting your own time.

And the large difference between what you're pulling, and what I had originally said, is I know BS when I see it. I know things you don't know. So, I have a little more standing in questioning this.

Idiot.

EddieNES 05-23-2019 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicksNerdLife (Post 1807113)
Yawnnnn.

You're boring. And your crap won't work on me. But please, keep wasting your own time.

And the large difference between what you're pulling, and what I had originally said, is I know BS when I see it. I know things you don't know. So, I have a little more standing in questioning this.

Idiot.

Man I was on ur side at first but now itís clear your just a pretentious douche who thinks heís something with information on toys.

You make Latin Kings look good.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 05-23-2019 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicksNerdLife (Post 1807001)
Again, by whom? Because, again, I've heard otherwise. Was this public? Because they haven't even announced their SDCC stuff yet.

It has been awhile but someone here cited one of Pixel Dan's interviews with Randy.

RicksNerdLife 05-23-2019 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieNES (Post 1807143)
Man I was on ur side at first but now itís clear your just a pretentious douche who thinks heís something with information on toys.

You make Latin Kings look good.

You're*

And you expect me to just sit back while someone is purposefully being antagonistic, solely for the purpose of being a troll, and not say anything?

GTFOH with that noise.

RicksNerdLife 05-23-2019 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** (Post 1807149)
It has been awhile but someone here cited one of Pixel Dan's interviews with Randy.

...this is 100% incorrect.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 05-23-2019 08:58 AM

I've started a petition in the Comments/Questions/Suggestions section to have this guy banned, if anyone wants to sign it.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.