The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   FW 87 TMNT complete series dvd in turtle van box. (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=38904)

Donatello19 08-25-2012 02:58 PM

I might have to get this since i never bought any of the single DVDs. around 100 dollars is a pretty good price for 23 discs

GodzFire 08-25-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmodlin210 (Post 988220)
I don't want the discs to get scratched inside the packaging for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Complete Series Box Set Van Gift with all 23 dvd's. I want all the episodes to be remastered, in correct order, spaced out, more new bonus features.

I do too but as long as it's Lionsgate releasing it, all we'll get is the same VHS-quality misordered rushjobs they've already done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 988333)
Just a month ago we were getting the opposite reactions and getting flamed if we mentioned how crappy the Lionsgate releases were and now here it's the opposite. Maybe it's because of feeling ripped off but I'm glad people are finally expressing the terrible releases lionsgate has done.

1000000x except I've felt that way all along

GodzFire 08-25-2012 03:08 PM

What are the contact numbers/e-mails we have for Lionsgate again? I feel at least strong enough to contact them and ask if they plan to correct the things mentioned above like:

- S10 episodes in S1 pack
- S4 episode duplicate
- Re-arranging the list so the forgotten episodes are put in proper order

I'd also like to know who got in touch with Lionsgate before the original S1 release came out and convinced them NOT to put out that POS miniseries version of it and instead a proper full season release? We should get them involved as well.

gobo 08-25-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodzFire (Post 988584)
I'd also like to know who got in touch with Lionsgate before the original S1 release came out and convinced them NOT to put out that POS miniseries version of it and instead a proper full season release?

It was Artisan back then, but I talked to them about their plans, posted it to ToonZone, then I heard David Wise brought the thunder down on them for it. Lionsgate is a little less willing to open a dialogue with anyone. You just have to have faith that their 'suggestions box' isn't just for show.

jmodlin210 08-25-2012 05:40 PM

I want Lionsgate to put the discs for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Complete Series inside CD Envelope sleeves to prevent discs being scratched up, no bonus season 10 episodes in season 1, want planet of the turtleoids, once upon a time machine in season 5 of teenage mutant ninja turtles along with all the episodes in proper order, no season 4 episode duplicate, more bonus features.

jmodlin210 08-25-2012 06:58 PM

I also want Lionsgate to put the complete series of Teenage mutant Ninja turtles in a bookcase set and standard dvd box set.

TheCanadiandrome 08-25-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 988105)
And just when I bought each DVD as they came out...

I know eh?! But I wonder if I may just buy this..

Storm Eagle 08-26-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmodlin210 (Post 988661)
I also want Lionsgate to put the complete series of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in a bookcase set and standard DVD box set.

What exactly would each look like? They sound like they could be the same thing to me.

TMNT_Guy 08-26-2012 07:50 AM

I'm so happy I stopped geting the DVDs when they started releasing the season sets. Definitely a purchase for me!

CyberCubed 08-26-2012 01:38 PM

Maybe the added running time might be toy commercials and the Turtle Tip shorts?

There is still a chance for Turtle Tips on DVD! I am e-mailing them righ now.

SS_Turtle 08-26-2012 03:13 PM

Glad I stopped buying these at volume 5, can't wait to get this.

sdp 08-26-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 988936)
Maybe the added running time might be toy commercials and the Turtle Tip shorts?

There is still a chance for Turtle Tips on DVD! I am e-mailing them righ now.

Not unless they add an extra DVD since it's clearly just re-skinned versions of the old DVD's, so we'll be getting the same releases. They can't just add the extra shorts unless they make new DVD's which is what we'd all like them to do for quality and order of the episodes sake.

zkarlette 08-26-2012 06:04 PM

I'm soo getting this.:D What a cool packaging.

bloodstainedwings 08-26-2012 07:11 PM

I still need to finish collecting the original releases, I still need.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season Four
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season Seven
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season Ten

Oh And This

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The Next Mutation

CyberCubed 08-26-2012 11:09 PM

I can't believe so many people haven't been collecting the DVDs along the way. I half expected the posts here to be with people saying, "But I just bought all the single releases!"

Honestly I am not sure I would even go for this Turtle Van set if I didn't have the whole collection already.

nelodiavolo 08-27-2012 12:35 AM

Seeing as I don't own any of the original dvd sets, I definitely will be picking this up. Not too worried about season order or extras, I just want to watch the shows I missed out years ago.

Can't wait.

Jester 08-27-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelodiavolo (Post 989177)
Seeing as I don't own any of the original dvd sets, I definitely will be picking this up. Not too worried about season order or extras, I just want to watch the shows I missed out years ago.

Can't wait.

I can't believe you haven't bought them from the beginning. Gah, what kind of fan are you?

[/sarcasm]

nelodiavolo 08-27-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 989178)
I can't believe you haven't bought them from the beginning. Gah, what kind of fan are you?

[/sarcasm]

LOL, I know. I have dishonored master splinter. :cry:

I was pretty close to buying a lot set from ebay and or Amazon, but I just happened to stumble upon this thread today.

Jester 08-27-2012 01:00 AM

I'd say you may be saving yourself some cash, but I'm not sure how much the original releases all sell for now.

DonatelloFan 08-27-2012 07:36 AM

I just learned about this yesterday, since I don't come to this section at all. I stopped buying the seasons after 7, then sold all the dvd's I had at that point, so now I have none. I planned on trying to get them all again, but THIS is what I'm getting now. No doubt about it. This is simply awesome. Can't wait to get it.