The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Be Cool Scooby Doo (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=50820)

ZariusTwo 01-17-2015 06:24 AM

Be Cool Scooby Doo

VIDEO REMOVED ON COPYRIGHT GROUNDS

The pitched pilot for the new Scooby Doo has surfaced online

"No...but I like where you're going with that one" and the pay-off with the hand puppet near the end got me, but yeah...may as well just be a kid-friendly version of McFarlane's "Scooby Doo Murder Files"

Allio 01-17-2015 07:08 AM

no...just no.

ssjup81 01-17-2015 07:23 AM

It's hard to believe that Scooby Doo is even still relevant, even though I was a big fan of Scooby Doo cartoons when I was a kid, until I just finally grew bored of the franchise as a whole somewhere in my mid teens.

Oh, and I have to say this... *clears throat*

Scooby Doo hasn't been cool since 1969. :P Seriously, Scooby Doo Where Are You, imo, is the best series (season 1). Season 2 of it is okay.

Allio 01-17-2015 07:32 AM

Confirmed for not watching Zombie island or Mystery Inc

turtlefanforever 01-17-2015 09:32 AM

^^ yup

my favorite episode/movie was Ghoul School. I used to have the VHS and would just watch it all the time.

TurtleTitan97 01-17-2015 09:49 AM

This looks horrible. How could we go from "Mystery Inc." to....this.

Leo656 01-17-2015 09:53 AM

Scooby-Doo is like one of those things that really only worked in its era, and barely even then. Like, stuff like that and Flintstones, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Yogi Bear, etc., none of that sh*t ever needed to be updated or revived. Not because the originals were all such great stuff, because frankly they weren't, but rather the inverse, they were never great in the first place, and all the updates/revivals are all just cases of "Hey, remember that?"

I mean, I watched and loved those shows and still appreciate their various quaint little charms. But who's asking for it now? It's like, I heard they're still trying to do more Popeye. Why? Some stuff only works in a very specific time/place. Nobody's begging for a Dick Tracy revival. Kids aren't pestering for a new Zorro, or a new version of The Shadow in F'n 2015. And most of those things actually had substance and "deserved" to be brought back in some form.

Every single episode of Scooby-Doo was exactly the same. Yet it's constantly been updated and "reinvented" despite absolutely nobody caring. I don't get it. Must just be, "I don't know what kids like, but I remember what I liked when I was a kid, so let's just do that."

Gunpowder 01-17-2015 10:02 AM

Friend of mine showed me the concept art for this last night. I think Scooby looks fine, but the rest are atrocious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1407841)
Scooby-Doo is like one of those things that really only worked in its era, and barely even then. Like, stuff like that and Flintstones, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Yogi Bear, etc., none of that sh*t ever needed to be updated or revived. Not because the originals were all such great stuff, because frankly they weren't, but rather the inverse, they were never great in the first place, and all the updates/revivals are all just cases of "Hey, remember that?"

I agree somewhat with this, but I feel that Scooby-Doo could hold its own because the main characters were a relatively diverse bunch, unlike with Yogi Bear and Flintstones, where most of the characters were one and the same. Scooby-Doo actually had some dynamic to it (aside from the episode layouts), so it was more accessible for revamps, in my opinion. I actually enjoyed the two live-action films in the early 00's.

Leo656 01-17-2015 10:07 AM

I guess. I always figured the "appeal" started and stopped with, "Hey, the dog can almost talk." Like I said, I watched it religiously as a kid but it's pretty awful now. I mean, there's "Formula", and then there's That Show. :lol:

Didn't they sh*tcan almost all the characters except Scooby and Shaggy for one of the revamps? Doesn't speak well to the ensemble if the dog and the stoner are the only ones considered "essential". :lol:

Gunpowder 01-17-2015 10:13 AM

Haha, yeah, I think that was the sequel. It had that "screw-ups become heroes" theme that we've seen so many times before...still though, fun movie, in my opinion. I liked the first one more...but wasn't sure why Scrappy was a villain all of a sudden. And I could NOT for the life of me take Rowan Atkinson seriously. :lol:

Another thing I remember is Shaggy meeting a girl named Mary Jane, and saying, "That's, like, my favorite name." Oh, Shaggy...you little druggie.

Mew 01-17-2015 10:32 AM

No. Just no.
I liked What's New Scooby Doo?, A Pup Named Scooby Doo (Love the theme song!), and some other shows, but in this day and age, NO.
Just because it worked in the 60's/ 70's, doesn't mean it works now.
They've been making animated Scooby Doo movies for a long time. It should have just stoped at the first movie, and then be a thing of the past.
Just, why?
Rebel Taxi should talk about this.

AT-Man 01-17-2015 10:42 AM

Haha, I loved the car joke!

Candy Kappa 01-17-2015 10:53 AM

I still haven't watched the last show, but the pilot was pretty neat. The art style is fun and most of the jokes wasn't bad. I'd watch it.

BabyTurtles 01-17-2015 11:19 AM

I actually thought it was pretty funny XD

and I don't even like Scooby Doo....(I mean I didn't really care for Mystery Inc either except the animation~)

Mew 01-17-2015 11:25 AM

Yup.
But Rebel Taxi is a Youtube guy who reviews cartoons.

neatoman 01-17-2015 11:27 AM

The part about the crossbow... Was that really needed? It seemed pointless as the car was already protected in way that was meant to be funny, not to mention that it's really mean spirited for Scooby-Doo...

Candy Kappa 01-17-2015 11:43 AM

everything is better with crossbows.

BabyTurtles 01-17-2015 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Kappa (Post 1407883)
everything is better with crossbows.

agreed. :D

Amaranthus 01-17-2015 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 (Post 1407838)
This looks horrible. How could we go from "Mystery Inc." to....this.

I never saw Mystery Inc. but it sounds really cool.
Scooby-Doo with story arcs and a darker tone? I'm in!

BabyTurtles 01-17-2015 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amaranthus (Post 1407919)
I never saw Mystery Inc. but it sounds really cool.
Scooby-Doo with story arcs and a darker tone? I'm in!

I tried to get into Mystery Inc, but it's hard to take a show seriously when they have a talking dog that's scared of his own shadow.

I honestly think Scooby doo only fits for comedy...(especially if your gonna keep scooby doo)