The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Around what time do you usually have lunch and dinner? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=60917)

Prowler 01-14-2019 04:07 PM

Around what time do you usually have lunch and dinner?

Standard where I live is around noon-13h00 to have lunch. Sometimes I eat at 2 o'clock, though.

Dinner? usually around 7-8 o'clock. But in some countries people have dinner at like 5 in the afternoon... that's snacking time for me. If I had dinner at 5PM I'd be hungry for another major meal at 21h-22h

As for breakfast. Well, lemme put it his way, if I wake up after 11h00 I just skip it.

Andrew NDB 01-14-2019 04:12 PM

During the work week I'll skip breakfast, have a huge lunch right at noon, then barely have a snack for "dinner." Which would be when I get home around 6.

During the weekend I'll get out of bed about 1 PM, have a big meal, then usually a proper dinner later. Around 7.

Prowler 01-14-2019 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1789324)
During the work week I'll skip breakfast, have a huge lunch right at noon, then barely have a snack for "dinner." Which would be when I get home around 6.

During the weekend I'll get out of bed about 1 PM, have a big meal, then usually a proper dinner later. Around 7.

Oh if I oversleep or go through an irregular sleep pattern then pretty much none of what I said in my OP applies. I've had "lunch" at around dinner time and "dinner" at like 3AM before. It's fun!

FredWolfLeonardo 01-14-2019 04:21 PM

Breakfast: just a small snack maybe before I head off to the gym around 6 in the morning.

Lunch: Around 3-4 pm, when I have finished a lot of my study/chores for the day and want to take a break, as well as an afternoon siesta due to how terribly hot it can be at times.

Dinner: Always late. Most days I finish my job at 10pm so I get back home and have Dinner around about 11pm, watch something on tv maybe then go to bed around midnight.

MsMarvelDuckie 01-14-2019 06:43 PM

Breakfast, usually a bagel or pastry around 4:30 AM on the walk to work, then "lunch" (or second breakfast) sometime between 8-10, depending when my break falls. I usually have a snack after I get home between 3-4, and dinner around 8-9.

Prowler 01-14-2019 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie (Post 1789362)
Breakfast, usually a bagel or pastry around 4:30 AM on the walk to work, then "lunch" (or second breakfast) sometime between 8-10, depending when my break falls. I usually have a snack after I get home between 3-4, and dinner around 8-9.

Damn, you wake up early. At what time do you start work?!

Leo656 01-14-2019 06:52 PM

People are supposed to eat 5 or 6 small meals per day for proper nutrition and weight maintenance.

Color me shocked that absolutely nobody in this crowd does that. :lol: To be fair, I'm bad about it too. But two or three meals per day spaced way apart is actually pretty bad for you; slows your metabolism to a crawl and leads to all kinds of weight retention, feeling bloated, etc. etc.

I mean, I know you don't care, but I'm just putting it out there. I need the Karma.

MsMarvelDuckie 01-14-2019 06:55 PM

5AM. I wake up at 3:30. The upside is I'm off work at 2, long before most people.

Icebot 01-16-2019 05:16 AM

Breakfast: sometimes at 4am, sometimes 8 or 9.

Lunch: sometimes before 11, sometimes between noon and 1.

Dinner: usually 5 to 6.