The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   General discussion / Latest purchases / Currently Playing? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=21346)

06-13-2005 01:44 PM

General discussion / Latest purchases / Currently Playing?

Yep, just like in the TV and Movies section, post your recent video game purchases. I'll start with me.

I bought RE4 yesterday, and I bought Star Ocean III: Till the End of Time today. Both wonderful games.

raphael_is_cool 06-13-2005 02:12 PM

Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich
GTA: San Andreas

Barkworm 06-13-2005 02:38 PM

I bought "Tales of Symphonia" a couple of weeks ago and I'm already selling it again. It wasn't as bad as I first thought but I don't feel like playing it again. I also bought "Soul Calibur II" and pre-ordered "God of War".

ThirdMarioBro 06-13-2005 04:47 PM

Ohh, great thread idea. :D

I went on a binge and bought Final Fantasy VI (mint boxed) & Final Fantasy VII. Yeah, VII. *hugs ePSXe, the best emulator ever made* I bought a Playsation game, now give me a cookie.

06-13-2005 05:05 PM

Good. Now you shut up and love FFVII! :D

XERO 06-13-2005 08:05 PM

Just bought NOTHING SINCE SEPTEMBER 2004!!!! :x

Anarky 06-13-2005 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benvenuto
Just bought NOTHING SINCE SEPTEMBER 2004!!!! :x

You think you're good? My last game was Unreal Tournament 2003. I bought it about two weeks after it came out... in 2003. :D

ThirdMarioBro 06-13-2005 09:18 PM

That's just depressing... :cry:

Anarky 06-13-2005 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdMarioBro
That's just depressing... :cry:

No, I have what I need. I never was that much of a gamer. Sure, I enjoy playing games from time to time, but it's not something I do every day. I play a quick round of UT probably once every two weeks or something.

I prefer reading books.

XERO 06-13-2005 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anarky
I never was that much of a gamer.

But I am, though. And my standards are very low at the moment. :lol:

Good thing I still have my SNES. :D

Anarky 06-14-2005 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benvenuto
Good thing I still have my SNES. :D

Yeah, I played Super Mario World for the last couple of days. Thatis a great game. I'm still trying to figure out how to get to Bowser in 11 steps. I know it involves Star Road somehow...

Mecha Cow 06-14-2005 06:17 AM

Last thing I got was my DS and Super Mario 64 DS, a couple of months ago.

I expect to be getting some new DS games soon though.

JameO 06-14-2005 08:24 AM

Star Wars Episode 3, but Conker will be my latest purchase in exactly a week! W00t!

Peanut 06-14-2005 09:15 AM

Last thing I bought was....I think Wario Ware Touched, but like JameO, I'll be getting Conker next week.

The Stryker 06-16-2005 12:51 AM

Batman Begins (Xbox) What is it with all these suprisingly GOOD movie-tie-in games?! first Ep.3 now this.

The Tumbler (Batmobile) Levels Rule....Burnnnnnnooooouuuuutttttt-AH!

Wingnut 06-16-2005 11:02 PM

I just bought Soul Calibur...again. I also got Aero Fighters for my MVS cabinet which should be here any day now.

ThirdMarioBro 06-16-2005 11:48 PM

Holy sh*t, you own an actual cabinet? I have a modified Street Fighter II cabinet that I run arcade stuff in (MAME and my consoles). That's awesome you have a working MVS.

I just bought Kirby: Canvas Curse. Haven't played it yet, but looking forward to it.

Wingnut 06-17-2005 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdMarioBro
Holy sh*t, you own an actual cabinet? I have a modified Street Fighter II cabinet that I run arcade stuff in (MAME and my consoles). That's awesome you have a working MVS.

I got quite lucky on that actually. A friend and I bought the 3 Slot MVS for $400 from a local arcade cabinet distributor. It had some button issues and the wiring was a little weird but we replaced both through some people in the online Neo Geo community and now we don't have to pay such high prices for some of the classic SNK/Neo Geo games (such as Metal Slug 1)

Krang 06-18-2005 01:43 AM

Here are some of the games I bought recently:
  • Tetris Worlds (GBA)
  • Super Mario Advance 4 (GBA)
  • Ristar (Game Gear) - Finally found it for a decent price!
  • Daigasso Band Brothers (DS import)
  • Pop'n Music 11 (PS2 import, preorder)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingnut
my MVS cabinet

:o I've always wanted one of those...

lilonardo 06-18-2005 02:58 AM

MY most recent purchases are:

Teenage mutant hero turtles (Nintendo entertainment system)
Teenage mutant hero turtles: The hyperstone heist (SEGA Mega Drive)
Pac pix (Nintendo DS)
Mario party advance (Nintendo Game Boy Advance)

ThirdMarioBro 06-18-2005 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krang
Here are some of the games I bought recently:[list][*]Daigasso Band Brothers (DS import)

Man, I want that game so badly.....Import time.

malignant 06-20-2005 08:28 PM

Winning Eleven 8 International...

...and may i say, best damn game EVER !.. :evilgrin:

Meeko 06-23-2005 02:06 AM

I was Finaly able to afford a DS.
along with that i bought Mario 64 DS and Yoshi Touch and Go.
Both good games

Peanut 06-23-2005 01:16 PM

Just got Conker! Sweet Jesus, I love it.

XERO 06-23-2005 01:50 PM

I am so getting that next. 8)

ThirdMarioBro 06-23-2005 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peanut
Just got Conker! Sweet Jesus, I love it.

*sits in corner and cries til 360 launch*

Peanut 06-23-2005 05:19 PM

Dude, rolling up a ball of sh*t and pushing it into a Dung Beetles mouth has never looked better! There are even some changes to the game! It's awesome!

ThirdMarioBro 06-23-2005 07:55 PM

Did they change any of the lyrics to Sloprano (Poo Song)? Honestly, that is one of gaming's greatest moments in history.

What changes did they make?

Peanut 06-23-2005 08:14 PM

As far as I can tell, they haven't changed anything from the Great Mighty Poo song. This version is a lot heavier censored than the 64 version (go figure). They also made some changes to various parts of the game (At one point Conker even goes as far as to say "I thought this was a straight port! Hey programmers...how about no more surprises?", some parts are harder, some are easier (Thank God in some cases).

ThirdMarioBro 06-23-2005 09:23 PM

Quote:

parts of the game (At one point Conker even goes as far as to say "I thought this was a straight port! Hey programmers...how about no more surprises?"

Yup, Rare hasn't lost their touch :lol:

Demented Utrom 06-24-2005 09:47 PM

My current game purchases. Metal Slug 4/5, Star Wars Episode 3.Ps2

Future Game Purchases Zelda Twilight Princess,WWE Day of Reckoning 2,Sonic Gems Collection only if Streets of Rage is on it,Mega Man X Collection Gamecube.

Future Game Purchases Ps 2 WWE Smackdown 7,Mega Man X Collection,Capcom Classics Collection,TMNT 3 Mutant Nightmare.

Future Game Purchases Gameboy Advance Mega Man Zero 4.

ThirdMarioBro 06-25-2005 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demented Utrom
Future Game Purchases Zelda Twilight Princess,WWE Day of Reckoning 2,Sonic Gems Collection only if Streets of Rage is on it

I guarntee it'll have Streets of Rage 1, 2, & 3 on it dude. That's what sent it from "should buy" status to "preorder" status. Gotta have my Streets of Rage man. That also hints that Sega may be testing the market for that sequel we never got this gen. Hell, they're bringing back Vectorman. If that of all things can come back (badass btw), then you never know....

The Stryker 06-25-2005 01:11 AM

Im Still Waiting for another Bubsy Game BTW.

Bought that RE4 GC cover and Star Fox Assault (Man, Bad choice)

Dinny 06-25-2005 12:20 PM

Quote:

At one point Conker even goes as far as to say "I thought this was a straight port! Hey programmers...how about no more surprises?"

You mean right after you hit the gargoyle with the frying pan? Yeah, those little changes are especially nice for those of us who played the N64 version of the game.

Barkworm 06-25-2005 12:21 PM

Has anyone played the multiplayer yet? Is it as boring as IGN said?

Peanut 06-26-2005 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkworm
Has anyone played the multiplayer yet? Is it as boring as IGN said?

It's not even f*cking close to boring. My guess, the assholes who reviewed it played one or two games then gave up on it.

I thought it was pretty cool when I first started playing it, but I found it kind of cumbersome and confusing, not to mention hard to control, but after a couple hours of play I can see it's really damn amazing. It has surpassed my expectations ten-fold. It seems so simple on the outside, but it's as deep as hell. I love the upgrades you can get, and the army type advancement you can achieve over XBL, becoming a sergent or a general and what not. Really awesome.

The different mission-type objectives on the various maps are awesome too. Like the SHC having to storm the Tediz beach stronghold (ala the "It's War" chapter), while the Tediz defend their leader, or taking over towers and hook up electrical currents inside of them; in order to either destroy (SHC) or use (Tediz) a war machine. I'll actually write up my own review of the game a bit later.

Meeko 06-26-2005 10:23 PM

I just bought from a garage sale:
a N64 with LoZ OoT
a NES with Castlevania,Pac man,Ms pac man,wheel of fortune and LoZ 2
and a SNES with Super Metriod,LoZ a link to the past and some Castlevania.
All for 20$.

ThirdMarioBro 06-27-2005 03:14 PM

Dude, nice haul there. :)

The Stryker 06-27-2005 09:12 PM

I got ET the Game for Atari.

Its nice owning a Game that almost destroyed the Industry

ThirdMarioBro 06-27-2005 09:57 PM

Actually it did destroy the industry for 2 years. When every known hardware producer dies, you can consider it dead. We all know why it came back. So yeah, you own the game that destroyed the first form of the old gaming industry :D :evilgrin:

*looks at ET box on shelf & whistles inncoently*