The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Do you look younger or older than you are? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57571)

Stephen 03-17-2017 10:37 AM

Do you look younger or older than you are?

Do you look younger, older, or the age that you actually are?

IndigoErth 03-17-2017 11:11 AM

People have always thought I look younger, and then look at me surprised when I say my actual age.

Although being upper 30s now, I think I'm starting to edge into people actually thinking I'm around 30 and no longer upper 20s, so that's a little sad. lol But I held onto it for a long while.

CyberCubed 03-17-2017 11:22 AM

Younger, obviously. Even I can't believe I'm over 30 now.

I probably look like I'm in my early/middle 20's.

Jephael 03-17-2017 11:24 AM

I've always looked young for my age, especially considering how short I am. That being said though, being overweight does make you look a great older.

BTW, Cubed, my sister's turning 40 this July. Wait'll we reach that age!!!

IndigoErth 03-17-2017 11:43 AM

Quiet, we do not speak that number that shell not be named! :lol:

Although when I get there in a couple years I look forward to clinging to still looking 30s for a good long while. If/when I finally bend and decide to put back some of the hair color that's gone missing maybe I can back it up even further.

Although in relation to that other thread, holding onto your youth is a good reason to not smoke. Ages the skin and sooner or later a smoker is just going to look old before their time.

CyberCubed 03-17-2017 11:49 AM

Well 30 is the new 20, is 40 the new 30?

Powder 03-17-2017 12:05 PM

Seems to vary. I've passed for several years older, & several years younger. I was getting into 21+ clubs from 17 onward, & have also been belligerently carded at 24. :tlol: I'm 26 now & some recently made friends thought I was like 21. Shrug.

DestronMirage22 03-17-2017 12:13 PM

A lot of people that I meet think I'm older than I actually am.

Andrew NDB 03-17-2017 12:14 PM

I stopped getting carded to buy liquor... so that's probably a bad thing.

plastroncafe 03-17-2017 12:15 PM

People are often surprised when they find out I'm ancient.

Cyndaquilfan123 03-17-2017 01:30 PM

Everyone at School tells me I look like a Sophomore and Junior, when I'm actually a Senior.

FredWolfLeonardo 03-17-2017 02:52 PM

I'm 19 but people often mistake me for being in my mid-20s. It may have to do with my height, build and that I usually wear formal clothes unlike most people of my age.

MsMarvelDuckie 03-17-2017 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1668370)
Younger, obviously. Even I can't believe I'm over 30 now.

I probably look like I'm in my early/middle 20's.

I've got you beat. I'm 40 but most people think I'm late 20's or MAAAYBE 30.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jephael (Post 1668372)
I've always looked young for my age, especially considering how short I am. That being said though, being overweight does make you look a great older.

BTW, Cubed, my sister's turning 40 this July. Wait'll we reach that age!!!

I'm already there! Believe me it's no picnic. I keep waking up with every joint sounding like a bowl of rice crispies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoErth (Post 1668377)
Quiet, we do not speak that number that shell not be named! :lol:

Although when I get there in a couple years I look forward to clinging to still looking 30s for a good long while. If/when I finally bend and decide to put back some of the hair color that's gone missing maybe I can back it up even further.

Although in relation to that other thread, holding onto your youth is a good reason to not smoke. Ages the skin and sooner or later a smoker is just going to look old before their time.

Agreed. The less that number is mentioned the better. Though I'm starting to get hair like Rogue's in how it grows in, so that's kind of cool. I just recently started an anti-wrinkle/aging cream regimen when I discovered that the skin of my neck and jaw was beginning to sag a little. So I wanted to halt that before it gets really noticable, as that can really age a person looks-wise.

CyberCubed 03-17-2017 06:21 PM

The numbers:

20: Young with hopes and dreams for the future

30: Realize how the world works, generally settle into your career or love life

40: Realize you're now officially old, you're up there in the years but still can do things young people can do just with some aches and pains

50: Basically you realize you're in the old person stage. Enjoy what little energy you have left

60: You become a grandparent, or have already been one. You spend your days waning about lazily and trying to recapture your youth by visiting your kids or grandkids

70: Waiting to die

80: If still alive, you know you can die any day or wake up dead tomorrow

90-100: Kill me now

ToTheNines 03-17-2017 06:34 PM

My girlfriends grandma is a 101 year old Irish immigrant. Sharp as a tack and walks about a quarter mile every day.

Roseangelo 03-17-2017 06:51 PM

People generally assume I'm a student when they meet me. This year is my 20 year high school reunion.

BubblyShell22 03-17-2017 07:36 PM

I have always looked young for my age and everyone has always assumed I'm in my twenties when I'm actually thirty-four. Many people say that's a blessing for me and that maybe it'll last when I'm older. We'll just have to see. However, I do have some gray hairs, but I started getting that in my twenties.

Storm Eagle 03-17-2017 08:18 PM

Apparently younger, but that's probably only when I'm clean shaven. When I was a teenager, I was told that I look, and even sounded older than, which I found to be wicked frustrating.

IndigoErth 03-17-2017 08:30 PM

Men are lucky, having the ability to alter the appearance of age with facial hair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roseangelo (Post 1668502)
This year is my 20 year high school reunion.

Mine too! :) No wait, that kind of hurts.

Jephael 03-17-2017 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1668493)
The numbers:

20: Young with hopes and dreams for the future

30: Realize how the world works, generally settle into your career or love life

40: Realize you're now officially old, you're up there in the years but still can do things young people can do just with some aches and pains

50: Basically you realize you're in the old person stage. Enjoy what little energy you have left

60: You become a grandparent, or have already been one. You spend your days waning about lazily and trying to recapture your youth by visiting your kids or grandkids

70: Waiting to die

80: If still alive, you know you can die any day or wake up dead tomorrow

90-100: Kill me now

Here's a more simplified version:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIPO_bBCQAI8Dax.jpg