The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   TMNTU #9 preview & discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57782)

AlZarkovski 04-17-2017 12:06 PM

TMNTU #9 preview & discussion

First look:

ChosenOne 04-17-2017 01:55 PM

Who is the artist for this? That rendition of Angel in the first few panels isn't exactly my favorite.

Though I guess this will answer the question of who is maintaining the Nobody suit now?

Liked the little glimpse of a frog keeping tabs on the girls. It's been a long wait for this!

AlZarkovski 04-17-2017 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChosenOne (Post 1677342)
Who is the artist for this?

Pablo Tunica.;)

MikeandRaph87 04-17-2017 02:04 PM

Its not this Wednesday is it,but nine days from now,correct?

ChosenOne 04-17-2017 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlZarkovski (Post 1677343)
Pablo Tunica.;)

Thank you :) It's his first time with IDW TMNT, is it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1677346)
Its not this Wednesday is it,but nine days from now,correct?

Definitely not this Wednesday, and I do believe you're correct with that last part.

old_hob88 04-17-2017 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChosenOne (Post 1677358)
Thank you :) It's his first time with IDW TMNT, is it?

Sort of second. He did a page in Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything and a variant cover for TMNT 58. Other than that, yeah.

ChosenOne 04-17-2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_hob88 (Post 1677398)
Sort of second. He did a page in Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything and a variant cover for TMNT 58. Other than that, yeah.

I like his Alopex but I'm not so crazy about his Angel. That first panel of her in particular makes her look kind of ugly (which we don't have to be Woody to know is most definitely not the case). Everything else seems fine, though.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 04-17-2017 06:34 PM

I gotta agree with the comments re: art.

Still hyped, though. Show me the Baron Toad! :tgrin:

CyberCubed 04-17-2017 06:42 PM

Art looks fine for this story, but yeah this is the definitive Angel design for me, and how I think of her in general:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 04-17-2017 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1677428)
Art looks fine for this story, but yeah this is the definitive Angel design for me, and how I think of her in general:

Absolutely agree. Nobody draws a more badass Angel Bridge than Mateus. :tcool:

Utrommaniac 04-17-2017 06:51 PM

Well, there goes the hope that Sophie was doing the art. But, at least she's writing it. Same with Karai's Path.

Been really looking forward to this story, though. I don't care for the Pantheon, but I'm really looking forward to Toad Baron. He seems more fun than his siblings.

ChosenOne 04-17-2017 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1677428)

That panel is from City Fall, if I recall correctly. She looks (to me) older and more haggard there. Even Santolouco himself has ever so slightly changed the way he currently draws Angel, with a younger and rounder face than in those early days. Art Evolution, as TV Tropes would put it. Maybe this new artist for the Toad Baron arc will eventually follow suit after his first stab at the character. His art is similar to Campbell's, though, which is already a plus.

And I just now noticed every other frog that I'd missed before, silly me. :lol: Looks like the girls are about to be sneaked up on and swarmed, Rat King-style...

Utrommaniac 04-17-2017 07:11 PM

They're going to the party of course, A&A just happen to be going down the same path they are :P

DestronMirage22 04-18-2017 10:08 AM

Looks good, can't wait!
I like what the artist has done her: Aloplex looks really expressive and "cutesy". Angel looks different than what we usually see here like, but still looks recognizable, and is a good take. The little peeping frogs made me laugh. :lol:

AlessandraDC 04-19-2017 10:56 AM

The colors are really nice! And I always love seeing different artists' take on the TMNT universe. I'm excited for this story and more Alopex and Angel!

Ninjinister 04-20-2017 03:35 AM

Wait this wasn't supposed to be out this week, was it? My shop didn't even have it listed.

ChosenOne 04-20-2017 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjinister (Post 1677996)
Wait this wasn't supposed to be out this week, was it? My shop didn't even have it listed.

Nope, next Wednesday.

Utrommaniac 04-20-2017 11:49 PM

I don't know if I've already done this sketch on here, but I finally put the Michigan J Frog clip to a sketch. It had to be done and I will probably stop with it now. Sort of a celebration for the issue being released next week.

Because that's exactly what the Toad Baron's Ball is going to be. I know it.

Nice that there's something to get me interested in the Pantheon Arch now.

neatoman 04-21-2017 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1678237)
I don't know if I've already done this sketch on here, but I finally put the Michigan J Frog clip to a sketch. It had to be done and I will probably stop with it now. Sort of a celebration for the issue being released next week.

Because that's exactly what the Toad Baron's Ball is going to be. I know it.

Nice that there's something to get me interested in the Pantheon Arch now.

I'm more familiar with the Spaceballs version, so now I'm imagining Toad Baron as a chestburster.

Utrommaniac 04-21-2017 11:43 AM

Well...there could be something figurative in that...