The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   December 2019 Solicitations (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=61882)

ChosenOne 09-21-2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1819949)
Spoiler:
There's literally an albino baby turtle on the cover, near the bottom left corner.

And at least based on his/her body shape on that cover, it looks like a mutant albino leatherback sea turtle (which are remarkably similar to sunflower seeds since nature does love her repeating patterns). Nice!

hypered1 09-21-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1819949)
Spoiler:
There's literally an albino baby turtle on the cover, near the bottom left corner.

Yeah, I failed to notice the second cover behind the first spoiler tag. I'm an idiot.

martinitolove 09-21-2019 12:42 PM

Mona Lisa seems to be mutated Lindsey. I actually wondered how long would Hob tolerate a human on the Mutanimals. As Jennika changed, Lindsey saw how a mutation could be done and did the same on herself.

Albino baby is the seventh turtle in the series. Too many, if you ask me, and still no Tokka on the horizion (although a Rahzar in the background).

Sophie rulez! :tgrin:

Edit: it seems to be the mutant porcupine from 2014 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Brothers Unite video game! How refreshing it is to get some new enemies! Source

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20151006204921

Edit2: it's even older - from the 1980-s!

https://projects.inklesspen.com/fata...3e3c1de0f.jpeg

ChosenOne 09-21-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinitolove (Post 1819953)
Mona Lisa seems to be mutated Lindsey. I actually wondered how long would Hob tolerate a human on the Mutanimals. As Jennika changed, Lindsey saw how a mutation could be done and did the same on herself.

Albino baby is the seventh turtle in the series. Too many, if you ask me, and still no Tokka on the horizion (although a Rahzar in the background).

Sophie rulez!

I recall Sophie saying something about Mona Lisa's characterization as a college student, back when she first showed us her early concept art for the character, so it's probably not Lindsey. The glasses and overall similar look is just a coincidence. Plus, that MU on her shirt probably stands for Mutant University.

daggio 09-21-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinitolove (Post 1819953)
and still no Tokka on the horizion (although a Rahzar in the background).

One of those Slash clones with Bishop in the upcoming issue could be Tokka in the future :D

Mutant Ninja Anole 09-21-2019 01:44 PM

Okay, wow, huge spoilers here.

“Mutant Town” indicates that indeed we have a mutant explosion post #100. I confess this sort of storyline is one I’d internally hoped for, but wasn’t sure if it would actually happen! A massive shift of the status quo and the situation in New York. Hob’s Mutant activism has always been a little odd given there was hardly any actual mutants, but now it seems we’re going to have a massive influx and even a mutant town and society.

Not that it hasn’t been foreshadowed. We saw the mutant heavy future in the Shredder dominated New York, Shredder also saw a future where he led a mutant army, and Null has been dedicated to creating more mutants for their purposes.

The possible stories to explore here have a lot of potential. A “Mutant Community” means a lot of new people with diverse backgrounds are suddenly thrust into the same situation. Will there be divisions between mutated humans and mutated animals? Those seeking to be turned back and those embracing the change? Different opinions on how to relate to the human world? How will they deal with Bishop? With Null? How many will join up with Hob? Will some hate him for ruining their lives?

I like Mona Lisa’s design, and that she’s apparently a college student and nerdy. Really interested in where this story goes from here.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 09-21-2019 03:01 PM

Holy $hit.

Mona Lisa, mutants everywhere... Hob does something drastic, and I can't fvcking wait.

Rooish 09-21-2019 04:46 PM

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the baby albino turtle, but Mona Lisa is cool... a potential love triangle for Raph? Lol. Hope not. Let's just get Ninjara in this mess as well.

Very cool directions the series is taking. I hope poor Lindsey doesn't get mutated. And I hope Jennika changes her name to Artemisia.

Cloudrunner 09-21-2019 05:02 PM

lol no one's gonna say it? Alright, I guess I will. Clearly the albino baby turtle is Alopex and Raph's kid. It even has Alopex's cloak. This is the canon that I've decided upon, and no one can take it from me.

ChosenOne 09-21-2019 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudrunner (Post 1819978)
lol no one's gonna say it? Alright, I guess I will. Clearly the albino baby turtle is Alopex and Raph's kid. It even has Alopex's cloak. This is the canon that I've decided upon, and no one can take it from me.

Huh... So... Time skip?

Cloudrunner 09-21-2019 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChosenOne (Post 1819981)
Huh... So... Time skip?

That's my theory, at least.

ChosenOne 09-21-2019 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudrunner (Post 1819983)
That's my theory, at least.

I wouldn't mind that. It sure would explain how Mutant Town was able to spring up seemingly overnight between issues.

Utrommaniac 09-21-2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChosenOne (Post 1819942)
I'm very intrigued about Ch'rell's role going forward. We were told he was pretty much ax-crazy, and then when he comes out of stasis we get a far more stable individual than even Krang was. Sure, he's a formidable warrior and seems like a competent leader for the Burnow Island aliens, but he's (so far) definitely not as psychotic as I expected.

I personally have chalked it up to him having way more things to worry about than to do the "extreme displeasure" Ma'riell had been worried about. Raging about what happened to Krang wasn't an option, and I think everything with the EPF just kinda cancelled that out.

He had bigger fish to fry than Krang's trial. And by "fish" we mean "tanks about to break down his people's last stronghold".
(Though, we did get a little bit of a look at the crazy when he was on the battlefield.)

ChosenOne 09-21-2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1819985)
I personally have chalked it up to him having way more things to worry about than to do the "extreme displeasure" Ma'riell had been worried about. Raging about what happened to Krang wasn't an option, and I think everything with the EPF just kinda cancelled that out.

He had bigger fish to fry than Krang's trial. And by "fish" we mean "tanks about to break down his people's last stronghold".
(Though, we did get a little bit of a look at the crazy when he was on the battlefield.)

Krang wouldn't have let the Mutanimals just walk away after attacking him, though. And that was after the EPF threat had been dealt with. Ch'rell was even shown mourning Slash's sacrifice with the others. Nah, he doesn't seem (so far) to be as nasty and unhinged as his former overlord.

Utrommaniac 09-21-2019 07:53 PM

I didn't really interpret it that way. More of a "well, sucks for them" to me.

I'm just going to give him a little time and hope Sophie does something with him.

CyberCubed 09-21-2019 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudrunner (Post 1819978)

The little Turtle looks like a toddler, 3-4 years old. I don't think there will be a time skip and I'm no expert on mutant mating, but I'm pretty sure Alopex would not give birth to a Turtle.

Allio 09-21-2019 09:00 PM

I’ve seen worst offsprings.

Damo 09-21-2019 11:17 PM

Timeskip of years isn't impossible, but Pepperoni there doesn't look more than a few months older.

My best guess is that Null and/or Bishop do something really stupid and a whole lot of animals and people end up getting mutated.

Utrommaniac 09-22-2019 12:22 AM

I think it's a bit too much of a jump to suggest it's a biological child, even if she's wearing Alopex's cape.

And even if it IS a few years later, Pepperoni wouldn't be much bigger; Protoceratops weren't that big.

Cloudrunner 09-22-2019 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1820014)
I think it's a bit too much of a jump to suggest it's a biological child, even if she's wearing Alopex's cape.

No, I'm rolling the dice on her popping out a big dumb turtle egg. Hold onto this post once I'm vindicated in December.