The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Re-Editing Out of the Shadows (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57504)

ZariusTwo 03-06-2017 05:41 AM

Re-Editing Out of the Shadows
 
I thought I'd take a stab at a redit of Out of the Shadows, here's my take on the opening

https://vimeo.com/207087214

Details

-Removed original opening with the Turtles attending the basketball game
-Removed most of Casey's cheesy lines to Shredder, Rocksteady and Bebop
-Removed Giant Nun-Chuck Grapplers on the Party Wagon
-Added a brief "Inside Technodrome" Cue from Powder's TMNT (OT) Remastered soundtrack

Still working my way through it, but I think my work is mostly cut out for me with Casey's amount of cheese right now

neatoman 03-06-2017 09:15 AM

Here are a couple of suggestions:
  1. Trim the scenes of April and Casey in custody, remove entirely if possible.
  2. Remove the dick and fart jokes.
  3. Remove the explaination of Bebop and Rocksteady's mutation, none is better than what we got.
  4. Remove the "we could be human" plotline, it went nowhere.
  5. Add a text crawl or something explaining some of the unclear things, like who or what Krang is. You could add a new explaination for how the mutation worked.

And if there are deleted scenes that fixes any of this, please reinsert them.

I must admit, it's a good idea to start with the transfer scene.

TigerClaw 03-06-2017 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1665539)
Here are a couple of suggestions:
  1. Trim the scenes of April and Casey in custody, remove entirely if possible.
  2. Remove the dick and fart jokes.
  3. Remove the explaination of Bebop and Rocksteady's mutation, none is better than what we got.
  4. Remove the "we could be human" plotline, it went nowhere.
  5. Add a text crawl or something explaining some of the unclear things, like who or what Krang is. You could add a new explaination for how the mutation worked.

And if there are deleted scenes that fixes any of this, please reinsert them.

I must admit, it's a good idea to start with the transfer scene.

I had no problem with the dick joke, If you were mutated, You too would check between your pants if your parts are still there.

Autbot_Benz 03-06-2017 12:59 PM

Don't call him Casey Jones he wasn't. He was Amell Pissy Pants mcCop

Andrew NDB 03-06-2017 01:15 PM

It should be the world's easiest reedit, to fix the movie. I'll even tell you how to do it: what you do is you import the whole movie into Adobe Premiere/Final Cut Pro/Sony Vegas, make a new sequence, import the "Out of the Shadows" video file, slam it onto the timeline... then highlight the whole thing, delete it, and hit save.

Done.

LeotheLateBloomer 03-06-2017 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1665588)
I had no problem with the dick joke, If you were mutated, You too would check between your pants if your parts are still there.

Uh.....what?!:teek:

myconius 03-06-2017 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1665598)
It should be the world's easiest reedit, to fix the movie. I'll even tell you how to do it: what you do is you import the whole movie into Adobe Premiere/Final Cut Pro/Sony Vegas, make a new sequence, import the "Out of the Shadows" video file, slam it onto the timeline... then highlight the whole thing, delete it, and hit save.

Done.

PWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! X'''D

i haven't had a good laugh like that in a long while!!!

thanks Drew. X///)

dragonside 03-06-2017 10:33 PM

what if you cut in parts of arrow into this movie, would it make it better? LOL

Powder 03-06-2017 10:41 PM

You have a very twisted concept of "better". :tlol:

ZariusTwo 03-07-2017 08:58 AM

Removed the entirety of Casey explaining himself to Vincent

https://vimeo.com/207296275

RaphaelinSTL 03-07-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1665588)
I had no problem with the dick joke, If you were mutated, You too would check between your pants if your parts are still there.

....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1665598)
It should be the world's easiest reedit, to fix the movie. I'll even tell you how to do it: what you do is you import the whole movie into Adobe Premiere/Final Cut Pro/Sony Vegas, make a new sequence, import the "Out of the Shadows" video file, slam it onto the timeline... then highlight the whole thing, delete it, and hit save.

Done.

lololol

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZariusTwo (Post 1665798)
Removed the entirety of Casey explaining himself to Vincent

https://vimeo.com/207296275

This is all looking really good actually!

ZariusTwo 03-07-2017 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL (Post 1665800)
This is all looking really good actually!

Much appreciated:)

Couple of more updates

- Omitted Michelangelo dicking around on the hoverboard
-Omitted Explanation For Rocksteady and Bebop Mutation and Dick Joke

ZariusTwo 03-07-2017 03:53 PM

Short update:

-Casey's first meeting with the TMNT, "please don't eat us" and more cringe removed

Panda_Kahn_fan 03-07-2017 04:13 PM

Huh, interesting. I like your edits, but I don't think it was nesscesscary to delete all that footage of bebop and rocksteady talking and the 'rhino charge' bit. All you needed was just the dick joke removal. And it feels like a few of the cuts remove character introductions and reactions that help the story. Good riddance to Casey's whining, though.

mrmaczaps 03-07-2017 04:31 PM

Interesting job dude. But best way to edit this film really would be to delete it. Lol

newhire13 03-07-2017 07:32 PM

I dig the idea and I think you are cutting some of the right things (for example I dig starting it on The Shredder being taken away) but probably too much was cut. The scenes need room to breathe. Either way, cool idea!

robb0226 03-07-2017 10:02 PM

Love what you have so far
 
I have always really liked this idea and agree with most of the ideas people have listed (and like what you have done so far). My concern would be that it will make the film really short.

In other threads it has been discussed taking BOTH of these movies, cutting out the crap, and have the possibility of making 1 good/coherent film out of it. There may be some continuity issues due to recasting and character model changes, but I think it could be done really well. Just my two cents, but I like what you're doing! Keep up the good work.

WebLurker 03-07-2017 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZariusTwo (Post 1665903)

Hey, it's your fan edit, so you be you, but I personally liked the "we are not food" bit.

(To be fair, I didn't have that big a problem with the movie period, so I'd take the theatrical cut over a fan edit any day, but you be you.)

ZariusTwo 03-08-2017 01:42 AM

Thanks again for your comments guys.

These are not part of the final product, they're just proof-of-concept for now, I see people's point about minimising Rocksteady and Bebop's banter and maybe leaving it back in, and I'll certaingly try that.

The concerns about making the film too short are valid too, I'm looking through deleted scenes at the moment to sort of make up for anything I minimilise to see if that helps.

I do have the 2014 movie also, so I could try a hybrid edit next time and see how I fare. I have seen people edit the original 90s TMNT movie and Secret of the Ooze together with no concern given to cases of recasting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebLurker (Post 1666057)
Hey, it's your fan edit, so you be you, but I personally liked the "we are not food" bit.

(To be fair, I didn't have that big a problem with the movie period, so I'd take the theatrical cut over a fan edit any day, but you be you.)

I did'nt have a problem with the movie much either, this is just for fun and to see if anything is better with things scaled back.

ZariusTwo 03-08-2017 10:55 AM

I wanted to show you guys two possiblities for an alternate ending

Ending One
Ending Two


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.