The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   My interview with Kevin Munroe (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=20476)

Raph 06-08-2007 04:07 PM

My interview with Kevin Munroe

Yesterday I got my interview with Kevin Munroe. This time (his words) a sane interview 8)

Thanks again Kevin!!

http://www.xs4all.nl/~rgret/munroe%20interview.html

Splinter's Iroonna 06-08-2007 04:16 PM

NICELY DONE!

Congrats on the interview!

Andrew NDB 06-08-2007 04:36 PM

"When you first started the project were you going for an R rated movie in the lines of Spiderman"

Huh? Since when is there R-rated Spider-Man movies?

And I'm not sure where the "overzealous fans" he's referring to hungering for R-rated Turtles are. We just want PG-13 -- it's an amicable middle ground, and just ensures that the movie is actually geared toward a minimum of teenagers (yes, scary thought... a teenage ninja movie actually for teenagers and up, heaven forbid).

Pretty good interview, but I'd have grilled him a little more (not impolitely, of course).

Fledermaus 06-08-2007 04:40 PM

Nice... So what's this I read about TMNT 2? How recently did Kevin respond to your interview?

Raph 06-08-2007 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fledermaus (Post 524912)
Nice... So what's this I read about TMNT 2? How recently did Kevin respond to your interview?

It was a one go interview

Jo Dawn 06-08-2007 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raph (Post 524904)
Yesterday I got my interview with Kevin Munroe. This time (his words) a sane interview 8)

Thanks again Kevin!!

http://www.xs4all.nl/~rgret/munroe%20interview.html

So, like... what with all your awesome autographs and now this...

You know you're my hero, right?

Revan 06-08-2007 06:07 PM

Sweet interview.

3rd installment! Don't tease me. I'm in a good mood now. I love how he flirted with the sequel talk!

ToTheNines 06-08-2007 07:03 PM

Very insightful Q&A, can't wait for another one after the next flick.

cowabunga14 06-08-2007 07:17 PM

Ah, yes...I liked the interview. Good stuff!

Raph 06-08-2007 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo Dawn (Post 524922)
So, like... what with all your awesome autographs and now this...

You know you're my hero, right?

Thank you. if you are surprised by the interview, you should check the other ones on www.autograph-artifacts.tk
then on the EVENT page are more TMNT interviews

Yeeh I have a fan XX

Avatar Yuffie 06-08-2007 08:22 PM

Great interview, Raph.

Yeah, Mako is cool. I'll miss him in Avatar the Last Airbender season 3. T.T

So a Casey Jones movie is a good idea. That'd be interesting. And wow, hints for a definite sequel! Good news.

Fledermaus 06-09-2007 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raph (Post 524921)
It was a one go interview

As in it was completed in one sitting/typing? As in, he actually looked at it and answered your questions yesterday? :D

This makes me like the interview even more (sequel talk, despite the odds). Thanks so much!

Raph 06-09-2007 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fledermaus (Post 525065)
As in it was completed in one sitting/typing? As in, he actually looked at it and answered your questions yesterday? :D

THATS A YES :D

iris 06-09-2007 02:42 PM

Very cool. :) Thanks for asking him about Rat King & Casey Jones.

johnnyblaze 06-11-2007 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 524909)
Huh? Since when is there R-rated Spider-Man movies?

And I'm not sure where the "overzealous fans" he's referring to hungering for R-rated Turtles are. We just want PG-13 -- it's an amicable middle ground, and just ensures that the movie is actually geared toward a minimum of teenagers (yes, scary thought... a teenage ninja movie actually for teenagers and up, heaven forbid).

check out movies sites and message boards where people keep saying they want to see the turtles drinking beer, killing folks, getting into bloody fights and swearing up a storm. I'm pretty sure that is what he is reffering to.

Spike Spiegel 06-11-2007 08:49 AM

So this means that a good sequel is definitely possible.....and it would "ground" the Turtles....as in getting back to the urban awesomeness of New york evident in the first season of 2k3 and the first live action movie....?

Great!

Andrew NDB 06-11-2007 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyblaze (Post 525757)
check out movies sites and message boards where people keep saying they want to see the turtles drinking beer, killing folks, getting into bloody fights and swearing up a storm. I'm pretty sure that is what he is reffering to.

Which movie sites or message boards? I've never seen any people seriously championing an R rated TMNT movie to those specifics.

Should they kill folks and get in bloody fights with a couple of swear words in there, though? Absolutely, and you can get away with this even in PG-13.

junkboy 06-11-2007 10:55 AM

Great interview.
Tnx indeed.

A Live-Action Casey movie... That's what i really want!!!

johnnyblaze 06-11-2007 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 525796)
Which movie sites or message boards? I've never seen any people seriously championing an R rated TMNT movie to those specifics.

Should they kill folks and get in bloody fights with a couple of swear words in there, though? Absolutely, and you can get away with this even in PG-13.

dude look around at message boards for various movie news sites you can find plenty of people talking about wanting R-Rated turtles and more blood, guts and violence when the new film was brought up.

and yeah they could do all those things, but thats not neccessarily what it takes to make a good Ninja Turtles film. You can make a perfectly good Ninja Turtles film without bloody fights and casual swearing and glorified killing. look at TMNT and the first Ninja Turtles movie. neither one goes overboard with swearing, death and bloody battles like many folks have called for. its all down in a very subtle way. for example its more then implied in TMNT that Leo killed that man in the forrest in the beggining of the film (heck the entire film is set up under the idea that the turtles offed the Shredder and are a bit directionless afterwards when they don't have anyone to fight). Its subtle and won't alienate the fact that the turtles have fans of all ages.

Andrew NDB 06-11-2007 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyblaze (Post 525886)
dude look around at message boards for various movie news sites you can find plenty of people talking about wanting R-Rated turtles and more blood, guts and violence when the new film was brought up.

Maybe. I haven't seen any, really.

Quote:

and yeah they could do all those things, but thats not neccessarily what it takes to make a good Ninja Turtles film.
Of course not. But they shouldn't be shyed away from either.

Quote:

You can make a perfectly good Ninja Turtles film without bloody fights and casual swearing and glorified killing.
But why self-censor, why stop short and sell ourselves short of the original vision of the TMNT in the Mirage source material? For what reason?

In any case, the TMNT comics hardly revolve around casual swearing and glorified killing (and I'm not sure there's any "glorified" killing in the comics... it's handled quite subtly/tactfully when we see it, and always as only a necessary evil).

Quote:

look at TMNT and the first Ninja Turtles movie. neither one goes overboard with swearing, death and bloody battles like many folks have called for.
The first movie is as close as we've gotten (still stopping short of the original vision... but it has the fortune of being an otherwise great, uplifting movie in its own right), the new movie is a backwards Pokemon mess, its only compelling aspect being the bits of brotherhood/family that are there.

Quote:

its all down in a very subtle way. for example its more then implied in TMNT that Leo killed that man in the forrest in the beggining of the film
I didn't get that impression at all. Probably hog-tied him somewhere for being the obviously evil Hispanic he's supposed to be an empty self-caricature of.

Quote:

(heck the entire film is set up under the idea that the turtles offed the Shredder and are a bit directionless afterwards when they don't have anyone to fight).
But the Turtles didn't off the Shredder (he offed himself) and nothing in the movie gives anyone any reason to make us believe these are suddenly Ninja Turtles that kill.

Quote:

Its subtle and won't alienate the fact that the turtles have fans of all ages.
Aren't there plenty of kids out there of all ages that like X-Men and Wolverine and such? There's killing and the like in that... should only 18 year olds be allowed to read/look at that stuff? Would a 13 year old feel alienated by seeing Wolverine kill an enemy?

Egads, they're ninjas, not a barbershop quartet!