The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Favourite insults in TMNT? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=60092)

Prowler 06-12-2018 04:55 PM

Favourite insults in TMNT?

You know how the Turtles' enemies like to come up with creative insults for them at times? And how the Turtles like to do the same for Shredder as well?

I've always liked tin grin for FW's Shredder. And ofc "old Shredhead". They just make me smile. And I also love it when Shredder addresses the Turtles as "you wretched reptiles!"

What about you? What are your favourite insults in TMNT?

FredWolfLeonardo 06-12-2018 05:14 PM

Those Blasted Turtles!

Prowler 06-12-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1764496)
Those Blasted Turtles!

How could I forget that one!

Powder 06-12-2018 07:31 PM

"Wretched reptiles" is probably the most iconic, or at least it's what sticks out in my mind as being memorable or in the vein of a catch-phrase.

There's probably one or two that I find very amusing, but I can't remember right now, it's all a blur.

More than the insults, I recall action dialogue. My all time favorite was a line of Rocksteady's, he brandishes a laser rifle & says "Drink blazing electric death!" as he fires it. So gnarly. & I always crack up during that scene where Splinter's nonsense ninja move is accompanied by the battle cry of "Sacagawea!". :tlol:

Prowler 06-12-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1764515)
"Wretched reptiles" is probably the most iconic, or at least it's what sticks out in my mind as being memorable or in the vein of a catch-phrase.

There's probably one or two that I find very amusing, but I can't remember right now, it's all a blur.

More than the insults, I recall action dialogue. My all time favorite was a line of Rocksteady's, he brandishes a laser rifle & says "Drink blazing electric death!" as he fires it. So gnarly. & I always crack up during that scene where Splinter's nonsense ninja move is accompanied by the battle cry of "Sacagawea!". :tlol:

Yeah, I agree. Also can't forget Raphael's "Eat hot lead, turkeys!"

IndigoErth 06-12-2018 08:00 PM

I wouldn't say favorite per se (I can't really think of much off the top of my head at the moment), but calling them "shellbacks" is at least among the most long running, to the point it's pretty much a slur against them, and absurdly even used, if I recall correctly, by alien enemies who should have no concept of this term.

Bonus insult... (since I saw this clip recently) PD Leo calling Krang "Bubbalicious" (after what Mikey had said), and stating of the Technodrome, "lets send this jacked up disco ball back to where it came from."

funatic 06-12-2018 08:17 PM

does-the-phrase-go-suck-a-lemon-hold-any-meaning-for-you

FredWolfLeonardo 06-12-2018 08:22 PM

I love how there's a Youtube video of Shredder's insults A-Z

Shredder's insult to Baxter "Good riddance to bad rubbish" also stuck with me

Utrommaniac 06-12-2018 08:36 PM

Now, I don't entirely remember the line because I had drank a lot of wine by that point...but Venus insulting Mike's intelligence by remarking his head was empty was probably the best part of the viewing for me.

Especially with my brother having listened in at that moment and went "OHHHH!"

neatoman 06-13-2018 03:35 AM

I suppose Ch'rell refusing to use Splinter's name, in favor of only calling him "Rat", sort of counts?

MsMarvelDuckie 06-13-2018 03:53 AM

Shredder aalways caalling Yoshi/Splinter "old man" when they weren't very different in age always stuck with me. Or "pathetic rodent".

Wesley 06-13-2018 08:36 AM

Probably Shredder’s insults towards Bebop and Rocksteady in the Fred Wolf toon.

Also, in the 4Kids series two-parter The Shredder Strikes Back, Mikey replies to Shredder “Oh yeah, Mr. Smarty Pants. You’re the one who should say farewell, er, to yourself.” It’s just the way he says it makes me laugh.

The-Shredder 06-13-2018 01:47 PM

When Karai disguised as the Shredder says "I command you to rid me of this pestilence!" to Hun in "City at War Part 3."

CyberCubed 06-13-2018 03:33 PM

"You mutant morons" is the best. Something about two "M" words together just clicks.

I also like "dunderheads" and "you peabrain size numbskulls!"

Come to think of it the original cartoon got away with a lot of insults for what was a kids show, obviously no "curse words" were allowed, but everything they said still got the meaning across.

sdp 06-13-2018 03:47 PM

Go to shell!
Shell yeah!
What the shell?

Prowler 06-13-2018 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1764654)
Go to shell!
Shell yeah!
What the shell?

Those sounded cool when I was 13-14, but nowadays just sound cringey. As in "wow they almost cursed in a kid's cartoon! I feel like an adult now!"

IndigoErth 06-13-2018 04:31 PM

Fishface... Dual purpose as both name and insult. :trazz:

Prowler 06-13-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1764650)
"You mutant morons" is the best. Something about two "M" words together just clicks.

I also like "dunderheads" and "you peabrain size numbskulls!"

Come to think of it the original cartoon got away with a lot of insults for what was a kids show, obviously no "curse words" were allowed, but everything they said still got the meaning across.

I've always liked the amount of banter and name calling in TMNT. Instead of just being respectful to each other all the time, I liked how the Turtles bicker like actual brothers do and call each others names. :lol:

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 06-14-2018 12:30 PM

A lot of lines Krang and Shredder said to each other in the original series.

Zachatello00 06-14-2018 03:05 PM

This technically isn't an insult, but in the 2k3 series, when the turtles are climbing Shredder's building in the Return to New York storyline, Michelangelo has a great line when they are about to clobber a bunch of foot soldiers.
"We doin' this with banter or without?"
*foot ninjas leap at him
"Definitely without."