The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Describe Yourself In a Sentence (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58556)

DestronMirage22 08-14-2017 03:02 PM

Describe Yourself In a Sentence

Pretty much the title of the thread.

If you could describe yourself (truthfully and wholeheartedly) in a sentence, how would you?
And I don't mean the kind of stuff you're into, or random trivia about you. I mean the person you really are, the real you.

How would you describe yourself?

TurtleWA 08-14-2017 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 (Post 1707329)
Pretty much the title of the thread.

If you could describe yourself (truthfully and wholeheartedly) in a sentence, how would you?
And I don't mean the kind of stuff you're into, or random trivia about you. I mean the person you really are, the real you.

How would you describe yourself?

Like race, class, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, optimistic, pessimistic, marital status, occupation, talents. Things like that?

Powder 08-14-2017 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleWA (Post 1707340)
Like race, class, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, optimistic, pessimistic, marital status, occupation, talents. Things like that?

I'm guessing they mean this sort of format-

"A man who prides himself on honesty, loyalty, & righteousness, who always puts family first & would give you the shirt off his back."

Not that there's any of those on this site. :tlol:

ToTheNines 08-14-2017 03:55 PM

Addictive personality who tries to please everyone and ends up pleasing no one.

FredWolfLeonardo 08-14-2017 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1707352)

You do end up pleasing CyberCubed, but I don't think that was the intention :lol:

ToTheNines 08-14-2017 04:04 PM

I'm a way bigger dick on here than in real life. I'd never talk to someone that way in real life, but mainly because I just wouldn't associate with that big of a fool.

TurtleWA 08-14-2017 04:08 PM

I guess the most truthful response is what first comes to mind so without a lot of editing. I like to ask questions, look for the best in people, balance logic and emotion, take risks but don't always think of the consequences because I can over think.

Prowler 08-14-2017 04:15 PM

Eh... no idea. I'm introverted, like games, football, heavy metal, have trouble fitting in, not very social, etc. Want more?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleWA (Post 1707340)

I'd never use those things to describe/define myself in one sentence... they're not the reason(s) why I turned out the way I did.

BubblyShell22 08-14-2017 04:27 PM

A bubbly person who prefers to stay to herself a lot but doesn't mind the occasional social interaction when it comes up.

Sumac 08-14-2017 05:32 PM

Tired and jaded.

Candy Kappa 08-14-2017 06:27 PM

Totally not a FBI agent.

MsMarvelDuckie 08-14-2017 08:05 PM

Hmm, that's a tough one. I'm- complicated. I'd describe myself as someone who is frank, honest, sometimes temperamental and opinionated, but generally easy-going with a mostly optimistic outlook, who tries to see all sides of an issue, and tries to get along with everyone.

Cure 08-14-2017 08:24 PM

I usually think I'm the smartest person in the room.

Vegita-San 08-15-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1707352)

Not bad. I can relate to that.

Tough to focus on one area, but the one constant these days seems to be below.

Mis understood personality, who everyone likes to dogpile on and insult directly as some kind of new internet sport.....and then go on to preach peace and prosperity and understanding :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie (Post 1707417)
Hmm, that's a tough one. I'm- complicated. I'd describe myself as someone who is frank, honest, sometimes temperamental and opinionated, but generally easy-going with a mostly optimistic outlook, who tries to see all sides of an issue, and tries to get along with everyone.

My time on the modern internet is eroding that part of me sadly.

Cure 08-15-2017 02:24 PM

Check out Mr. Martyr over here.

snake 08-15-2017 03:25 PM

An argumentative asshole.

Katie 08-15-2017 04:00 PM

Self-sacrificing workaholic girl caught between wanting to achieve and wanting to please.

Wesley 08-15-2017 04:05 PM

Cynical and stubborn yet optimistic independent thinker with a sense of humour.

DestronMirage22 08-15-2017 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1707346)
I'm guessing they mean this sort of format-

"A man who prides himself on honesty, loyalty, & righteousness, who always puts family first & would give you the shirt off his back."

Not that there's any of those on this site. :tlol:

Something along those lines, yeah.

I thought it would be interesting seeing how we each see ourselves and how many would answer truthfully compared to how many would only say good things.

Interesting descriptions so far.

As for me here's mine:
An insecure and self-hating dude who has serious social issues, screws things up a lot, and who can't do the right thing, despite his best efforts.

snake 08-15-2017 10:29 PM

I don't think there's a way to describe yourself (positively or negatively) without coming off as self important.