The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Paramount planning more Nick-branded films in the future (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57367)

John Pannozzi 02-10-2017 02:38 PM

Paramount planning more Nick-branded films in the future

Dunno what this means for TMNT, but this is still kinda interesting:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/vi...nt-1201982667/

TigerClaw 02-10-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pannozzi (Post 1659121)
Dunno what this means for TMNT, but this is still kinda interesting:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/vi...nt-1201982667/

TMNT is part of the Nickelodeon brand, So maybe we'll see another film in the future.

Quote:

It’s a strategy that’s clearly aped from Disney, which has spent billions buying up Marvel, Pixar, and LucasFilm and seen its influence grow with each new acquisition. However, it’s not the first time that Viacom has tried to create stronger ties between Paramount and its other cable channels. The studio has made movies like “The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie” and “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” that had ties to Nickelodeon or other brands.

Viacom said that Paramount’s film slate will now include one to two co-branded releases from each of the flagships annually. To kick things off, Nickelodeon and Paramount will collaborate on four films. The first, “Amusement Park,” will premiere in theaters in summer 2018 and will then inspire a TV series on Nickelodeon the following year. Viacom also said that Spike, home of “Bar Rescue” and “Lip Sync Battle,” will be rebranded The Paramount Network.

At the same time, Paramount will try to bolster its roster of franchises and tentpole releases, the industry term for major event movies with global appeal. These could potentially lead to small screen series.

“We will bring a set of our TV brands to film and our film brands to TV in a major way,” said Bakish

Beyond branding, Viacom said it would alter its approach to content and talent, deepen partnerships to drive revenue, make big moves in the digital and physical world, and “optimize and energize” the organization.” That last part could be tricky.

Andrew NDB 02-10-2017 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1659123)
TMNT is part of the Nickelodeon brand, So maybe we'll see another film in the future.

None of this non-news has a shred of anything to do with TMNT, or the prospects of another TMNT movie.

CyberCubed 02-10-2017 03:07 PM

I imagine there won't be another TMNT movie for at least 5-7 years, and when it will be it will be another full reboot.

FredWolfLeonardo 02-10-2017 03:19 PM

I wouldn't mind tmnt 3 being made

Autbot_Benz 02-10-2017 03:23 PM

There won't be any new TMNT movies for a while. The Bayturtles movies were financial failures. I doubt they would be dumb to release a new one too soon

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 02-10-2017 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz (Post 1659135)
There won't be any new TMNT movies for a while. The Bayturtles movies were financial failures. I doubt they would be dumb to release a new one too soon

Maybe it depends on how successful the Nickelodeon series and IDW comics will become during the upcoming time?

FredWolfLeonardo 02-10-2017 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz (Post 1659135)

Only the second was a financial failure. I don't think releasing one in 2018 is a dumb idea, as long as they make a legitimately good film and don't release it at a time when much bigger films are dominating the theatres.

Andrew NDB 02-10-2017 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1659145)
Maybe it depends on how successful the Nickelodeon series and IDW comics will become during the upcoming time?

IDW comics sales have and will have 0 bearing on any TMNT movies of any kind.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 02-10-2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1659146)
Only the second was a financial failure. I don't think releasing one in 2018 is a dumb idea, as long as they make a legitimately good film and don't release it at a time when much bigger films are dominating the theatres.

Or maybe 2019, when TMNT celebrates 35.

RaphaelinSTL 02-26-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1659146)

Eh, I think it's time to wipe our hands clean of the Platinum Dunes Turtles and start thinking towards the future.

Not sure what that will include or what it looks like, but a new live action TMNT needs people behind the wheel with a better idea of a vision of a film on it's own as opposed to character cramming merchandising.

sdp 02-26-2017 08:16 PM

This will be for everything but a new TMNT film, so prepare yourselves for a live action Rugrats movie, turtle-fans am cry.

Coola Yagami 02-28-2017 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1663221)
This will be for everything but a new TMNT film, so prepare yourselves for a live action Rugrats movie, turtle-fans am cry.

Pretty sure the Rugrats fans will cry too. Yikes.