The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Live Action Mulan Remake (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51621)

Vicky82 03-30-2015 02:32 PM

Live Action Mulan Remake

Yes, Disney have announced another live action remake this time it's Mulan. :roll:

Quote:

Following Cinderella’s recent box-office success, Walt Disney Pictures has tapped Mulan as their next Disney animated character to remake into a live-action movie. Elizabeth Martin and Lauren Hynek are set to write the screenplay, while Chris Bender and J.C. Pink will produce.

Mulan, who debuted in the 1988 Disney Animation film, is one of the company’s more iconic animated heroines. In the original movie, Mulan told the tale of a young woman who takes her ailing father’s place in the ancient Chinese military. Posing a man in the male-only army, Mulan must save her country from the invading Huns.

Mulan continues Disney’s recent trend of adapting its classic cartoons into live-action films. So far, the studio has released a live-action version of Alice in Wonderland, Maleficent (a Cinderella prequel) and Cinderella. A live-action version of Beauty and the Beast, starring Emma Watson, will hit theaters in March 2017.

While no release date was announced, it’s likely that Mulan will arrive sometime in 2018.
http://comicbook.com/2015/03/30/disn...-mulan-remake/

For god sake Disney, what's next, a live action Bambi or The Lion King or The Fox and The Hound or what about saving your money and a do a

LIVE ACTION GARGOYLES MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 03-30-2015 02:38 PM

Actually, I think Mulan could be pretty interesting. It hasn't been done to death like Cinderella has. I'm looking forward to it!

... Please don't hate me. :tlol:

Jephael 03-30-2015 02:41 PM

Call me when they do a live-action remake of Aladdin.

Cure 03-30-2015 02:50 PM

I saw Cinderella last week and it's the only live action fairy tale thing that was pretty good. I'll give this a chance. Might be interesting since it'll be more actiony, also.

AT-Man 03-30-2015 03:06 PM

A live-action Disney film full of Asians? I never...

Autbot_Benz 03-30-2015 03:26 PM

Enough of these Live Action Disney movies based on animated ones they made. I swear if they do Aladdin and Winnie The Pooh I am done :x

Raph's Girl 03-30-2015 03:27 PM

China has been making live action Mulan films since the 1920's and there's also been a couple stage plays and tv shows about her as well so Disney making a live action Mulan film is just...meh. The last live action Mulan film came out in 2009.

I just hope this one is more in tune with the actual (and rather tragic) story and that they cast the actress who plays her in Once Upon A Time.

TurtleTitan97 03-30-2015 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky82 (Post 1438796)

LIVE ACTION GARGOYLES MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could totally get behind this. Why Disney hasn't seen the awesome potential in doing a live-action adaptation is beyond me.

Mew 03-30-2015 05:02 PM

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/...20131023163224

Kanon 03-31-2015 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jephael (Post 1438800)
Call me when they do a live-action remake of Aladdin.

THAT would make sence! :D

I would vote for (please donĀ“t hate me :embarass:) a little mermaid remake. If they make them look kinda like the ones from pirates of the caribbean, that would be awesome!

BabyTurtles 03-31-2015 12:41 AM

cool.....but they are gonna do all the princesses aren't they...??

oh man.

well can't wait for Aladdin and Little Mermaid.

maybe we can get some awesome fights in Mulan~

Donatello19 03-31-2015 10:05 AM

As long as they don't make a live action Frozen it's all good.

DarkLightDragon 03-31-2015 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donatello19 (Post 1439115)
As long as they don't make a live action Frozen it's all good.

Does Once Upon A Time sorta count?

chrisdude 03-31-2015 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyTurtles (Post 1439039)
cool.....but they are gonna do all the princesses aren't they...??

oh man.

well can't wait for Aladdin and Little Mermaid.

maybe we can get some awesome fights in Mulan~

Yeah. They're doing all the Disney Princesses in live action, so they can set up the biggest crossover of all time, 'Avengers vs Disney Princesses.'

Amaranthus 03-31-2015 11:12 AM

Gotta milk dat cash-cow innit.

Candy Kappa 04-01-2015 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raph's Girl (Post 1438842)
China has been making live action Mulan films since the 1920's and there's also been a couple stage plays and tv shows about her as well so Disney making a live action Mulan film is just...meh. The last live action Mulan film came out in 2009.

I just hope this one is more in tune with the actual (and rather tragic) story and that they cast the actress who plays her in Once Upon A Time.

But the Chinese movies aren't simplified and adapted to easily digested version a western/American audience can enjoy without needing to read subtitles. :P

And, isn't it just Chu Renho's version of the story where she dies?

turtle1237 04-03-2015 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Kappa (Post 1439592)
But the Chinese movies aren't simplified and adapted to easily digested version a western/American audience can enjoy without needing to read subtitles. :P

And, isn't it just Chu Renho's version of the story where she dies?

No, she didn't die in Chu Renho's version, in that movie, she saves her section of her country(Since China was not unify during the real Mulan's time, more like a 12 kingdom kind of era.) She lost the one she loved to a marriage so peace can be made. Disney did change the story for a lot.

Now there is not much known about the real Mulan, No time of death or birth, but no record of her dying in battle. She serve the army as one of its greatness generals for ten years. It was not one or 2 battles, as Disney would like one one to believe. OH yeah and they were not fighting the Huns. It was a long drawn out war. Ten years. yes Mulan did retire after the war with high honors, and she just disappears from history after that.

I was never real sure with Disney using historic figures, as there Disney princesses, Pocahontas was bad, from Smith and Pocahontas being lovers, to Pocahontas being well build for a "12" year old. That movie had no historic fact. I felt Mulan would fall in the same way, yes I enjoy the movie, BUT like Pocahontas, which I did not enjoy, they wonder far off the truth.

I feel ok with a fiction princess like Snow White, but once you take a real life person, that was born, lived, eat, grow up, and died, than make a film that pretty much insult said person, than I don't think it should be done. Don't let Disney lie to you, Pocahontas was a insult to the memory of the historic Pocahontas. Were the movie Mulan was less of a insult being fun to watch, I not real sure the real Mulan would think about some facts being change.

Candy Kappa 04-03-2015 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turtle1237 (Post 1440561)
No, she didn't die in Chu Renho's version, in that movie, she saves her section of her country(Since China was not unify during the real Mulan's time, more like a 12 kingdom kind of era.) She lost the one she loved to a marriage so peace can be made. Disney did change the story for a lot

Movie? no I mean the 1675 book by Chu Renho, pretty sure that's the one she commits suicide in.

turtle1237 04-03-2015 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Kappa (Post 1440565)
Movie? no I mean the 1675 book by Chu Renho, pretty sure that's the one she commits suicide in.

In that one she retires, and is married off to her neighbor.

Candy Kappa 04-03-2015 12:53 PM

Reading up on Chu Renho's Sui Tang Yanyi. Mulan does commit suicide in that one.