The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Custom Toys/Collectibles (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   SH Figuarts TMNT Customizing (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58290)

VictoryIsMine 07-14-2017 08:53 PM

SH Figuarts TMNT Customizing

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, guys. For me, the SH Figuarts figures have the potential to be my ultimate versions of the FW turtles, with some modifications. So, I started working on some parts for them. So far, I've started on a rimless plastron, new belt buckles, open-palm hands, and a smiling head. I'm thinking about 3D printing them after I finish them.

Candy Kappa 07-15-2017 01:22 AM

That looks pretty neat. Do you have a printer, or have you found a reasonable printing company?

I've seen some people on forums printing hands to SHF figures, can never have enough hands. While the SHF Turtles' had a good selection of hands there's no weapon holding specific hands for sai and sword or pointing fingers, which is is a bit of a bummer.

TheMasterTurtle 07-15-2017 03:33 AM

Very cool and relatively easy pieces to mold and cast after theyre printed. I know a great guy who prints in resin if you need a contact. He does my stuff.

VictoryIsMine 07-15-2017 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Kappa (Post 1698016)
That looks pretty neat. Do you have a printer, or have you found a reasonable printing company?

I've seen some people on forums printing hands to SHF figures, can never have enough hands. While the SHF Turtles' had a good selection of hands there's no weapon holding specific hands for sai and sword or pointing fingers, which is is a bit of a bummer.

I don't own a printer, but I printed a tripod for the First Gokin Krang a little while ago from Shapeways. I'll try to take a picture of that later today. I didn't end up using it, because the legs printed too thin. So if I use Shapeways, I'm going to try a higher detail material next time. Also, I definitely want to make more hands for these guys :tsmile:
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle (Post 1698021)
Very cool and relatively easy pieces to mold and cast after theyre printed. I know a great guy who prints in resin if you need a contact. He does my stuff.

That's awesome and definitely a possibility! The problem I'm having right now is figuring out what to make the plastron out of, because I want it to be soft and flexible...

Guile 07-15-2017 02:22 PM

Suggestion: Make a hand for Mike like in your avatar, then recreate your avatar with the figure.

oldmanwinters 07-15-2017 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guile (Post 1698111)
Suggestion: Make a hand for Mike like in your avatar, then recreate your avatar with the figure.

Agreed! That would be great!

tmntfannumerouno 07-15-2017 07:35 PM

Hopefully you can make this fix-it kit available to the rest of us. Great job man!

VictoryIsMine 07-16-2017 04:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I did a color test and tried to pose a pointing hand like my avatar :D I also started a Turtle Communicator. Even though the ones from the NECA set are cool, I don't know how hard they're going to be to get.

Guile 07-16-2017 04:27 PM

Lol that avatar hand is really cool!

tmntfannumerouno 07-16-2017 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryIsMine (Post 1698683)
I did a color test and tried to pose a pointing hand like my avatar :D I also started a Turtle Communicator. Even though the ones from the NECA set are cool, I don't know how hard they're going to be to get.

keep up the great work man.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 07-16-2017 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryIsMine (Post 1698683)

I will be selling individual bells and whistles from the NECA set if you are interested.

Tartaruhga Muhtante 07-20-2017 06:44 PM

Only in my dreams...

me and a 3d print....for while.......

VictoryIsMine 09-12-2017 04:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I know it's been a few weeks now, but things have been crazy and I was holding out for news about the SHF Shredder. Now that it's been officially cancelled, I decided I could move forward with making one myself. Here's a WIP of a rough start I did a few weeks ago of him.

tmntfannumerouno 09-12-2017 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryIsMine (Post 1713629)
I know it's been a few weeks now, but things have been crazy and I was holding out for news about the SHF Shredder. Now that it's been officially cancelled, I decided I could move forward with making one myself. Here's a WIP of a rough start I did a few weeks ago of him.

I like it man.