The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Among the turtles who do you prefer being the best at combat/stealth (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59386)

PApagreg 01-09-2018 01:03 AM

Among the turtles who do you prefer being the best at combat/stealth

I personally saw Leo as being the most balance of the turtles with Raph being the best fighter of the group and Mikey being the best a stealth.

FredWolfLeonardo 01-09-2018 01:06 AM

Leonardo, easily. Both in terms of my personal preference and what I believe to be true.

Leonardo may not be the strongest, smartest and whatever Michelangelo is supposed to be, but he is the best strategist, making him the best in both stealth and combat. I think the Tmnt Battle Royale Death Battle analyzes this pretty well.

Dragnskull 01-09-2018 01:35 AM

I always liked the idea of mikey being the "Potential uber-ninja"

He's loud and goofy and doesn't take anything serious normally, so it'd be a perfect balance to see him "turn it on" when needed.

Good examples of this is him becoming the battle nexus champ in 2k3 series (granted all by accident), or in the Nick toon when he was in dimx and became savage mikey.

A complete goof, but has an X factor that gives him the greatest potential of all

Utrommaniac 01-09-2018 01:49 AM

Someone did point this out on tumblr on the 2012 show.

I don't exactly remember which episode, but it was when Leo tried to sneak out on his own and Mike followed him...and didn't notice until Mike grabbed him from behind. He could have killed Leo if he wanted to!

Loud and obnoxious though 2012 Mike may be, I would have no problem with him being the sneakiest of the four. Because you'd never expect him.

Ulisa 01-09-2018 12:36 PM

I’ve always seen Mikey as being the best of the four but it usually isn’t expressed. In part, I think that Mikey has to buckle down and decide to really throw his all into a fight which he does very rarely. I think it may be an issue of belief too. Mikey doesn’t act like the best ninja because he doesn’t think he’s the best. He see Leo and Master Splinter as being the most skilled so when he compares himself to them, he assumes they’re holding back or not putting their all into something. I think the thought of himself being better than Leo is something he just plain can’t wrap his head around but we’ve seen bits and pieces of it come out in certain episodes. Personally, I would love to see Mikey go all out...

plastroncafe 01-09-2018 12:40 PM

I think Leo would be best at stealth, only because I like the idea of him being the best all-around. He's equally good at all things.

Raph, I think is stronger.
Mike, faster.
Don, more logically minded/smarter.

But YMMV.

Andrew NDB 01-09-2018 12:51 PM

Equally good at combat and stealth.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 01-09-2018 12:57 PM

I've never really bought into the whole "one has to be the best" thing... but I don't have a problem with it, either.

The only problems I have with the concept are when writers show Leo and Raph as the skilled, and Mike and Don as the "oh yeah, they're ninja... but they suck."

ESPECIALLY when they show Don as the "purple turtle with a stick REALLY sucks."

Sumac 01-09-2018 01:01 PM

Leonardo, I guess.
At least as far most incarnations are concerned, he is supposed to be the best warrior.

IndigoErth 01-09-2018 01:01 PM

Leo, definitely. Pretty much agree with what Plastron said and how she put it. They're all good, but they all have their own strengths to use to their advantage, and the others make up for it in their own ways.

plastroncafe 01-09-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1738795)
I've never really bought into the whole "one has to be the best" thing... but I don't have a problem with it, either.

The only problems I have with the concept are when writers show Leo and Raph as the skilled, and Mike and Don as the "oh yeah, they're ninja... but they suck."

ESPECIALLY when they show Don as the "purple turtle with a stick REALLY sucks."

I think of it less as "which one is best" and more an extension of their personalities. They start off with the same base level of skills, which are damn near superhuman, but then curve off towards their own interests.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 01-09-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1738801)
I think of it less as "which one is best" and more an extension of their personalities. They start off with the same base level of skills, which are damn near superhuman, but then curve off towards their own interests.

I'm fine with that, and that does make sense. I just think this sometimes gets carried too far or given too much weight. Not every character is a team needs to be broken down to videogame character statistics.

"I need to beat this level quickly, better use Mikey for his speed! Next level has a ton of hard enemies, so I'll switch to Raph for his strength..."

FredWolfLeonardo 01-09-2018 01:31 PM

I always found the idea of Michelangelo having "The greatest potential" as completely ridiculous.

What exactly makes Mikey have more potential than his brothers? He isn't as physically strong as Raphael, strategic as Leonardo, smart as Donatello, lacks focus, is lazy, and not to mention, the nunchaku are easily the worst out of all the turtles' weapons.

The only hidden potential he has in my opinion, is the potential for the most improvement.

Andrew NDB 01-09-2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1738802)
I'm fine with that, and that does make sense. I just think this sometimes gets carried too far or given too much weight. Not every character is a team needs to be broken down to videogame character statistics.

"I need to beat this level quickly, better use Mikey for his speed! Next level has a ton of hard enemies, so I'll switch to Raph for his strength..."

That's a good way of putting it. Yeah, LAME.

Prowler 01-09-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1738807)
That's a good way of putting it. Yeah, LAME.

Donatello got his ass handed to him often in the 2k3 series. I'ts like they made him out to be the least capable fighter of the group. So because he has brains that means he can't be a great fighter? Both have to be mutually exclusive? :roll:

Anyway, it makes the most sense for Leonardo to be a slightly more skilled fighter than his brothers. He is the leader after all. Funny thing is, in the FW series, despite him officially being the leader and being called a leader often, he didn't seem to be more or less skilled than his brothers. Then again most fights in that show were just slapstick anyways.

FredWolfLeonardo 01-09-2018 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1738816)
Funny thing is, in the FW series, despite him officially being the leader and being called a leader often, he didn't seem to be more or less skilled than his brothers. Then again most fights in that show were just slapstick anyways.

He has his moments of being more skilled than his brothers and is easily the most ninja-like, but I agree that the FW turtles were more equal to each other than other incarnations.

One positive thing about that however is that Michelangelo in that series wasn't reduced to being the worst of the group, which I really don't like in other versions. It gave all the turtles an equal spotlight rather than make one turtle more important than the others which was done with Leonardo in the 2003 series.

CyberCubed 01-09-2018 02:54 PM

Leonardo wasn't focused on that much more than the others in 2k3, he just got more episodes relating to Shredder/Karai so it seemed like that.

PApagreg 01-09-2018 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1738791)
Equally good at combat and stealth.

Thats kinda boring.
Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1738802)

I see it more as which character fits you playstyle, Mikey is the Fragile Speedster racking up combos, Raph is the Mighty Glacier bringing in good hits and counters, Leo is the jack of stats and Don is the Awesome but difficult character.

FredWolfLeonardo 01-09-2018 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PApagreg (Post 1738835)
Thats kinda boring.

Well, as Andrew would say: its the source material :lol:

plastroncafe 01-09-2018 02:59 PM

That depends on the source material.