The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   TMNT 125 preview and discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=64636)

AlZarkovski 01-06-2022 08:11 AM

TMNT 125 preview and discussion

First look:

ProphetofGanja 01-06-2022 09:43 AM

Well finally, something to pique my interest...

CyberCubed 01-06-2022 04:03 PM

Problem is there's already been a 1 year timeskip from issue 101 to where we're at now (since they celebrated Christmas in issue 124, and there was already a 6 month timeskip from 100 to issue 101 if I remember right).

I just can't buy the Utroms/Triceratons have been sitting there for a full year and are exactly the same as left them in the issues from before City at War...which was over 30 issues ago...

neatoman 01-06-2022 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1916327)
Problem is there's already been a 1 year timeskip from issue 101 to where we're at now (since they celebrated Christmas in issue 124, and there was already a 6 month timeskip from 100 to issue 101 if I remember right).

I just can't buy the Utroms/Triceratons have been sitting there for a full year and are exactly the same as left them in the issues from before City at War...which was over 30 issues ago...

It does state on that page that it takes place "months" ago.

TigerClaw 01-06-2022 04:28 PM

This issue is about the Punk Frogs, So the opening pages are just setting up some future event that will happen once we jump back into current times.

ProphetofGanja 01-06-2022 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1916329)
This issue is about the Punk Frogs, So the opening pages are just setting up some future event that will happen once we jump back into current times.

https://c.tenor.com/eH0awTsH0p8AAAAC/gotta-go-gtg.gif

Powder 01-06-2022 06:55 PM

Why would anyone ever give Utroms human teeth?

Zog The Magnificent 01-06-2022 06:59 PM

I am... not crazy about this art style. And it would be nice if we could just stay here and deal with the actual plot, instead of the freaking mutant ghetto furry town that we've been trapped in for almost three years now.

And having this take place months ago to "catch up" is just poor storytelling design. We've been in Mutant Town for so long that logically the other plotlines should have progressed as well, but now we have to cheat because we've only had a camera pointed at Mutant Town instead of evenly pacing it out.

TigerClaw 01-06-2022 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent (Post 1916345)
I am... not crazy about this art style. And it would be nice if we could just stay here and deal with the actual plot, instead of the freaking mutant ghetto furry town that we've been trapped in for almost three years now.

And having this take place months ago to "catch up" is just poor storytelling design. We've been in Mutant Town for so long that logically the other plotlines should have progressed as well, but now we have to cheat because we've only had a camera pointed at Mutant Town instead of evenly pacing it out.

The more mutant town, The better in my book.

Leo656 01-06-2022 08:17 PM

"Your book" is written on toilet paper and inked in human feces.

TigerClaw 01-06-2022 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1916351)
"Your book" is written on toilet paper and inked in human feces.

The more we talk about mutant town, The more it infuriate you.

Leo656 01-06-2022 08:32 PM

With good reason!

Your taste in things is bad and you should feel bad.

TigerClaw 01-06-2022 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1916354)
With good reason!

Your taste in things is bad and you should feel bad.

No I don't feel bad at all, I feel great, What the comics has been doing has been great so far, But I also feel good knowing you been hating on it, Your just adding fuel to the fire.

The more you complain, The more we'll be seeing more of this story arc, The writers for the comics know what they are doing.

Leo656 01-06-2022 09:33 PM

I'm sure they do. I'm sure they're well-aware of how anyone who ever actually liked TMNT has abandoned the sinking ship already, and how they've gone about replacing them with people who never cared about Ninja Turtles but REALLY loved "Zootopia" although they wished it had more lesbians.

What they hope to gain by pandering to Tumblr shipper trash is beyond me. Except for the fact that nobody actually cares about TMNT anymore so they figure there's no point in making a TMNT book for "TMNT Fans", since all six people who still like TMNT are all on this forum and they all hate the book. So I *guess* there's some wisdom in trying to reach a "bigger" audience, although I wonder who threw the dart that landed on "Blue-Haired Weirdos and Twitter Crusaders" when it was time to pick the "new" audience.

Anyways, it's moot. This comic and the entire TMNT brand are going into the dumpster permanently in the not-too-distant future, and I for one can't wait to say "good riddance".

You'll be sad. I, on the other hand, will be leading the parade, because TMNT has been worthless ever since Nick bought it, and I sincerely cannot wait for them to pull the plug after the next movie fails big.

So it's okay that things suck right now. Your happiness and my frustration are both only temporary. I'm playing the long game. That game ends with this awful franchise being put out of its misery once and for all while all the manbaby losers cry about it. Can't wait!

Enjoy your cake now. The biggest slice is reserved for me. SO HUH. :trazz:

TigerClaw 01-06-2022 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1916359)
I'm sure they do. I'm sure they're well-aware of how anyone who ever actually liked TMNT has abandoned the sinking ship already, and how they've gone about replacing them with people who never cared about Ninja Turtles but REALLY loved "Zootopia" although they wished it had more lesbians.

What they hope to gain by pandering to Tumblr shipper trash is beyond me. Except for the fact that nobody actually cares about TMNT anymore so they figure there's no point in making a TMNT book for "TMNT Fans", since all six people who still like TMNT are all on this forum and they all hate the book. So I *guess* there's some wisdom in trying to reach a "bigger" audience, although I wonder who threw the dart that landed on "Blue-Haired Weirdos and Twitter Crusaders" when it was time to pick the "new" audience.

Anyways, it's moot. This comic and the entire TMNT brand are going into the dumpster permanently in the not-too-distant future, and I for one can't wait to say "good riddance".

You'll be sad. I, on the other hand, will be leading the parade, because TMNT has been worthless ever since Nick bought it, and I sincerely cannot wait for them to pull the plug after the next movie fails big.

So it's okay that things suck right now. Your happiness and my frustration are both only temporary. I'm playing the long game. That game ends with this awful franchise being put out of its misery once and for all while all the manbaby losers cry about it. Can't wait!

Enjoy your cake now. The biggest slice is reserved for me. SO HUH. :trazz:

Actually we have the biggest slice, the small one goes to those stuck in the past.

Leo656 01-06-2022 10:00 PM

Once the brand is officially dead and buried that will mean "everyone", though, won't it? :lol:

Literally everyone who still cares about TMNT after Nick inevitably shelves it will be "stuck in the past". Again, I very much want that to happen and you don't, so I fail to see how you, yourself, will be in any mood to celebrate once the brand goes away for good.

But then again, you never make any sense anyway. :lol:

hypered1 01-07-2022 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1916366)
Literally everyone who still cares about TMNT after Nick inevitably shelves it will be "stuck in the past".

And that's where you're still missing the point; whatever comes next will be for the next generation of fans, just as the current run is for the fans of today not the older fans of the Mirage run.
There's already evidence of this with the Rise cartoon - there are those of us who can't stand it but it still has loyal following of it's own the same as every previous cartoon, comic or movie series.

frank_one 01-07-2022 03:14 AM

Is there someone in here that likes that art style? I don't at all.

hypered1 01-07-2022 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frank_one (Post 1916378)
Is there someone in here that likes that art style? I don't at all.

It's by Pablo Tunica and the few occasions I can recall it being used before were the Toad Baron Universe issues and the Dimension X and TMNT/GBII miniseries where, to me at least, it felt fitting for the extra-dimensional/ dimension hopping nature of those stories with it's kinda-cartoon-alieny elements and feel.

Sumac 01-07-2022 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypered1 (Post 1916375)
There's already evidence of this with the Rise cartoon - there are those of us who can't stand it but it still has loyal following of it's own the same as every previous cartoon, comic or movie series.

Apparently not a sufficient following given how quickly Rise ended.