The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   X-Files returning again... (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57803)

Raph's Girl 04-20-2017 06:13 PM

X-Files returning again...

yep...that's right folks. We're getting another season. This time Mulder and Scully are back for 10 eps! Filming starts this summer for either a fall or winter run.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/x-files-com...231521915.html

ProphetofGanja 04-20-2017 06:48 PM

The X-Files was pretty great but there were a lot of missteps. The longer it went on the worse it got, I know I don't even have to go into the seasons where Mulder and Scully are just guest-stars. The way that what started out as such a simple story became so convoluted is frustrating, but I guess it's understandable given how many seasons the show ended up doing.

I'll give another season a shot, but I'm totally going to skip any episodes that tie-into the overarching plot. Just give me a monster-of-the-week and I'm happy.

Andrew NDB 04-20-2017 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja (Post 1678177)
The X-Files was pretty great but there were a lot of missteps. The longer it went on the worse it got, I know I don't even have to go into the seasons where Mulder and Scully are just guest-stars.

There was only one season where they were guest-stars... season 9. Mulder left at end of 7, end Scully was a main through all of 8.

Quote:

The way that what started out as such a simple story became so convoluted is frustrating, but I guess it's understandable given how many seasons the show ended up doing.
I think it's sort of the Lost thing where they really didn't have a full plan to start with and sort of just kept making it up as they went.

Quote:

I'll give another season a shot, but I'm totally going to skip any episodes that tie-into the overarching plot. Just give me a monster-of-the-week and I'm happy.
I'm sure it'll structurally be like the 6 episode season 10. First and last episode are about the alien conspiracy plot, the rest are all monster-of-the-week type stuff.

sdp 04-20-2017 10:28 PM

I marathoned X-Files before season 10 came out and it does indeed start getting worse, at least the mythology episodes, they kept making stuff up as they went and not cool stuff. The show had already jumped the shark way before the new agents showed up or Mulder left. It's a shame too since so much could've been done with the concept, hell I was surprised you actually see the flippin aliens in the first episode.

I still love the show with all its faults and while I haven't seen season 10 I want more X-Files. It's really something hard to remake, it came out at the right time. I would still love if they made a new series with Mulder and Scully passing the torch as was speculated when we first heard rumors for season 10.

Smoking man rocks.

Andrew NDB 04-20-2017 10:56 PM

You know what's highly underrated? The Lone Gunmen TV show that lasted 1 season. Really good.

ProactiveMan 04-20-2017 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1678229)
You know what's highly underrated? The Lone Gunmen TV show that lasted 1 season. Really good.

Yeah, I really like that show. It had a different vibe to it, but it still had a bit of an edge, and it was well written. I was disappointed when they whacked those guys in the final season of the X-Files.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1678225)
I marathoned X-Files before season 10 came out and it does indeed start getting worse,

I'm watching them all now. It does get worse, but I was surprised at how long it took to get good. Most of season 1 is pretty wonky.

Shark_Blade 04-21-2017 12:13 AM

I think some episodes are good in Season 10 but mostly it was indeed lackluster and non-intriguing. Which is a pity because I really enjoy their early stuff.

For Season 11 they just need new modern writers (maybe someone from Riverdale or 13 Reasons Why, those are good).

Andrew NDB 04-21-2017 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProactiveMan (Post 1678235)
Yeah, I really like that show. It had a different vibe to it, but it still had a bit of an edge, and it was well written. I was disappointed when they whacked those guys in the final season of the X-Files.

Sure sounds like they're back in Season 11. If the CSM can come back to life after being reduced to a skeleton on-screen, anybody can.

Krutch 04-21-2017 05:49 AM

Makes me wonder if in 2030 we'll see another season of Supernatural.

...assuming it's wrapped by then in the first place.

The Deadman 10-09-2017 08:17 AM

Gillian Anderson Says She’s Done with “The X-Files”, FOX Responds…
http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3463...-fox-responds/

newfan 10-09-2017 09:24 AM

I get sky shield pop up when I open that, maybe she didn't enjoy making these 10. Still, I'm looking forward to them. Trailer is up on twitter.

Spike Spiegel 10-09-2017 03:15 PM

I started watching this on Netflix during college and stopped at some point in the sixth season...

Wasn't Carter's initial plan to just transition to a series of films after season 5?

ZariusTwo 12-31-2017 05:23 PM

Gillian's departure now confirmed

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-x-f...s-the-x-files/

CyberCubed 12-31-2017 05:35 PM

Did X-files really need to go on forever? Old shows like this are usually never revived with old cast members. The fans should be glad they came back at all.

Shark_Blade 01-01-2018 12:16 AM

Already knew this. It's good she came back at all to wrap up things nicely. :)

Sumac 01-01-2018 01:35 AM

Wrap?
With the last cliffhanger I am not really sure how they gonna "wrap" this mess. Or if that is possible at all.

Andrew NDB 01-01-2018 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZariusTwo (Post 1737371)

Weird... the latest season was hardly a goodbye, and she wasn't talking about the last one like it was her last.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 1737391)
Already knew this. It's good she came back at all to wrap up things nicely. :)

There is no indication at all this season will be positioned as a "wrap-up" at all. It'll probably even end on another cliffhanger.

newfan 01-01-2018 02:13 AM

She seemed very enthusiastic about the last series, still I didn't think we would get more after this season, still glad to be getting more. I gotta check when it's airing here.

sdp 01-01-2018 09:18 AM

To be fair X Files lore was a mess since what? season 5 maybe?

We've already had the series end with a Cliffhanger twice before without hope for a wrap-up so this will be no different. We can at least enjoy more episodes of this mess of a. Continuity and return to the status quo of no satisfying ending which was really impossible anyhow.

newfan 01-01-2018 09:59 AM

I watched through to the end, I didn't like that Mulder left but stuck with it. I remember watching in disbelief when they killed off the Lone Gunmen.