The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Who's your favourite Movie-based character? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59431)

2K3 01-19-2018 09:54 AM

Who's your favourite Movie-based character?

While the TMNT films have been great at interpreting favourite characters in Turtle-lore, it's also done a spectacular job introducing us to brand new characters (some that have found their way into other versions of TMNT).

Out of all of them, which are your personal favourites?

Powder 01-19-2018 10:01 AM

Tatsu, of course! He's just one badass son of a gun. Was so psyched to finally see him return (in the Nick series).

Second to him would be Professor Jordan Perry, mostly due to David Warner being so endearing. & you gotta love Tokka & Rahzar.

I genuinely like all of the Golden Harvest characters. Well, I'm not terribly keen on the British goons in #3, but still, even they have their charms.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 01-19-2018 10:05 AM

Tokka and Rahzar. Not necessarily the movie versions, but the idea of the characters.

FredWolfLeonardo 01-19-2018 11:28 AM

Jordan Perry for me easily.

His role may have been minor but he had amazing charm and wit.

"Well, Did you expect them to be quoting MacBeth?" :lol:

I see him as the live action version of Baxter Stockman.

AquaParade 01-24-2018 05:20 PM

Do you think the filmmakers consider the professor to still be an Utrom?

I'm so enamored with that idea, despite it never making its way into the film. Or at least our periphery. I want to believe it's still part of the film.

Powder 01-24-2018 07:07 PM

It definitely works as headcanon, nothing contradicts the possibility of Perry being an exosuit. Their whole group mysteriously disappeared the next day, after all. Transmat? :tgrin:

RaphaelinSTL 01-24-2018 08:25 PM

Tatsu ... hands down!

pferreira 01-25-2018 03:21 PM

I went with Jordan Perry. I like the actor and his character could have continued. He was interesting but that was hard, the list has so many good ones. :D

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 01-25-2018 04:05 PM

Tatsu

Tatsu, all the way.

MsMarvelDuckie 01-29-2018 03:36 PM

I couldn't choose just ONE. I like Perry, Walker, Whit, Keno, Norinaga and Kenshen/Mitsu, and even Chief Sterns, all for different reasons. Basically, most of the characters in TMNT II and III. Max Winters gets a nod, too, as one of the more sympathetic characters in the movies.

Andrew NDB 01-29-2018 04:40 PM

Tatsu. No one else is even close.

pferreira 02-01-2018 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1742531)
Tatsu. No one else is even close.

In your opinion. ;):lol:

Donnie 02-07-2018 07:07 PM

I'm going with Kenshin, followed by Mitsu, and Tatsu. I like the 1990 Movie best the third film has a special place in my heart. I would have liked Kenshin's character to be explored a bit more.

The Deadman 02-07-2018 07:14 PM

Tatsu. Dude is a badass and I'm sad he was only in 2 films.

Shark_Blade 02-07-2018 07:21 PM

• I chose Chief Sterns cause he's like a mad bull yelling angrily. Hilarious seeing him all vent up.
  • Walker, cause he's pretty amusing and funny (when he ran back to get his bird cage lol).
  • Eric Sacks, cause he's gonna "drain all of the turtles blood, even if it kills them" lmao.
  • Rebecca Vincent cause she brings life to a harden police chief character.
Hey I'm liking the police chief in tmnt movies seems like it.

Other characters are so forgettable and dull tbh.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 02-08-2018 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaParade (Post 1741762)
Do you think the filmmakers consider the professor to still be an Utrom?

I'm so enamored with that idea, despite it never making its way into the film. Or at least our periphery. I want to believe it's still part of the film.

I think the original film series sucks because the extraterrestrial origin of the mutagen was rejected (even if the first film was a good start). That's what was supposed to be the "Secret of the Ooze". Jordan Perry doesn't need to be an Utrom, but he could at least work with them.

Donnie 02-08-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1745174)
Jordan Perry doesn't need to be an Utrom, but he could at least work with them.

I don't agree with your assessment of the original films, but I will agree that Perry totally should have been linked in some way to the Utroms. And you're right, that is the "secret" of the ooze. Without that angle, the secret is that... they aren't special, and were just lucky? Thinking back to Donatello's line to Splinter: "I thought we were special!" (might have paraphrased that).

PS: Alright, come clean. Who's the jokester who voted for Danny? :lol:

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 02-08-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnie (Post 1745208)
I don't agree with your assessment of the original films, but I will agree that Perry totally should have been linked in some way to the Utroms. And you're right, that is the "secret" of the ooze. Without that angle, the secret is that... they aren't special, and were just lucky? Thinking back to Donatello's line to Splinter: "I thought we were special!" (might have paraphrased that).

PS: Alright, come clean. Who's the jokester who voted for Danny? :lol:

Even with Utroms, the turtles' mutation would still be an accident.

With Jordan Perry, I think he could be a friend of the Utroms', and their link to Earth-human society, just like April O'Neil is for the turtles.

pferreira 02-15-2018 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1745174)
I think the original film series sucks because the extraterrestrial origin of the mutagen was rejected (even if the first film was a good start). That's what was supposed to be the "Secret of the Ooze". Jordan Perry doesn't need to be an Utrom, but he could at least work with them.

But was it actually been stated in the 90s movies that the mutagen was created by humans and not alien? I ask because I think it could have gone either way, it felt very vague to me.

Anyway I disagree with you on the 90s movies are bad.

FredWolfLeonardo 02-15-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pferreira (Post 1746470)
But was it actually been stated in the 90s movies that the mutagen was created by humans and not alien? I ask because I think it could have gone either way, it felt very vague to me.

Anyway I disagree with you on the 90s movies are bad.

One thing I never understood why people think Perry was an Utrom or that Utroms exist in the live action Universe?

The entire point of the Origin in Secret of the Ooze was to show that the turtles weren't special or anything. They even sort of re-touched on that aspect in the 2014 film.