The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Tyler Perry Cast As Baxter Stockman In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51851)

Vicky82 04-23-2015 11:57 AM

Tyler Perry Cast As Baxter Stockman In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2

Quote:

Tyler Perry will play the mad scientist Baxter Stockman in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2.

Perry joins a cast that includes returning stars Megan Fox and Will Arnett, as well as newcomer Stephen Amell as Casey Jones. The characters Bebop and Rocksteady, from the popular Turtles cartoon, will also make their big screen debut in the film.

Stockman is a scientist who creates the mutant hunting robots called mousers. In some variations of his story arc, he also becomes a mutant himself, taking on the appearance of a fly, wings and flight included.

Perry is best known for his “Tyler Perry Presents” movies, Diary of a Mad Black Woman and the other films built around his Madea character. He also played the lead in 2012’s Alex Cross, and played a lawyer in last year’s Gone Girl.

Dan Green will direct Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 for Paramount. Further plot details have been kept under wraps, for now.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 is scheduled for June 3, 2016 release.
http://comicbook.com/2015/04/23/tyle...nt-ninja-turt/

Hopefully this is a good thing and hopefully he won't be cut out of the movie.

Fingers crossed he will get mutated into a fly. :D

Mulder 04-23-2015 12:01 PM

This is hilarious. :lol: Glad to see that TMNT2 is now a full blown comedy.

THGhost 04-23-2015 12:03 PM

Just heard about this. Seems like Nick and Paramount are really trying to give us exactly what we wanted from the first movie. :lol:

I never really rated Perry as a particularly good actor. Then I saw him in Gone Girl and was very impressed by his performance. It'll be interesting to see how they manage to distinguish him from Eric Sachs, who was basically a makeshift Stockman after the fan backlash of Fichtner playing Shredder. :P

turtlefanforever 04-23-2015 12:10 PM

lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulder (Post 1447899)
This is hilarious. :lol: Glad to see that TMNT2 is now a full blown comedy.

agreed. Can't stand tyler perry. He absolutely ruined alex cross

neatoman 04-23-2015 12:19 PM

You know, I just got back disappointed after Age of Ultron and then I read this crap.

Tyler Perry? Really? The man who is only famous for his schtick as "Sassy old woman" is going to play an arrogant mad scientist, presumably the main villain of the movie? There are so many black actors who are both better actors and box office draws, why the hell would you cast a hack like Tyler Perry?

Wesley Snipes, Idris Elba, Will Smith, Jamie Foxx, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Terrance Howard, Chiwetel Ejiofor. If they wanted a comedian, I'd even pick Chris Rock over Tyler Perry. I mean really, Tyler Perry as Baxter Stockman? Why?

Xiewin 04-23-2015 12:20 PM

Okay, didn't expect that.

Not that there's something wrong with Tyler himself, it's just a very odd casting.

However, what's the point of Sacks being in the movie then? Did we really need two baxter Sockmans'?

Just clutter, clutter, and more cluttering. Yep, Platinum Dunes never ceases to impress me :roll:

The Boston Ninja Turtle 04-23-2015 12:20 PM

TMNT 2: Madea's Mutation Situation

while i actually have nothing against it..he wasnt bad in star trek...not the casting or focus a turtle movie should have

Candy Kappa 04-23-2015 12:24 PM

okay. Interesting choice.

Bry 04-23-2015 12:27 PM

So we've got at least five villains in this now? Maybe more, if they work in Krang, and if Karai returns?

On top of eight "main" characters?

And how long is this thing supposed to be again?

Cure 04-23-2015 12:42 PM

Tyler Perry was good in Gone Girl and in Star Trek, so I'm cool with this.

The Stryker 04-23-2015 12:43 PM

Ooh. I kinda like it!

Autbot_Benz 04-23-2015 12:47 PM

PD and Bayhaters aside I really think they are trying to make up for the first movie. This one already has Casey Bebop & Rocksteady and now Baxter Stockman.

Jephael 04-23-2015 12:49 PM

As long as he doesn't have any annoying dorky quirks like Jamie Foxx had pre-Electro in Amazing Spider-Man 2, I'm good with this.

GoldMutant 04-23-2015 12:50 PM

[Insert J. Jonah Jameson laugh here]

TMNT is cooler than MOTU 04-23-2015 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldMutant (Post 1447937)
[Insert J. Jonah Jameson laugh here]

That was pretty much my thoughts too.

Candy Kappa 04-23-2015 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jephael (Post 1447935)
As long as he doesn't have any annoying dorky quirks like Jamie Foxx had pre-Electro in Amazing Spider-Man 2, I'm good with this.

hey did ripp things off from ASM in the first PD flick, maybe they'll do the same again. The villain roster in Half-Shell certainly is big enough to do some scenes from ASM2.

Vicky82 04-23-2015 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bry (Post 1447918)
So we've got at least five villains in this now? Maybe more, if they work in Krang, and if Karai returns?

On top of eight "main" characters?

And how long is this thing supposed to be again?

Well if Nick can fit Turtles, Splinter, April, Casey, Shredder, Tiger Claw, Rahzar, Fishface, Bebop and Rocksteady Baxter and Karai in a 20 minute episode then Paramount won't have problems fitting, The Turtles, Splinter, April, Vern, Casey, Sachs, Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady, Baxter and Karai in a under 2 hour movie.

We won't know the running time a month before the movie comes out next year, hopefully it be longer than the 1st movie.

Purse Grabbin Puke 04-23-2015 01:01 PM

If he wasn't so damn good in Gone Girl I'd have a problem with this...but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Jephael 04-23-2015 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Kappa (Post 1447946)
hey did ripp things off from ASM in the first PD flick, maybe they'll do the same again. The villain roster in Half-Shell certainly is big enough to do some scenes from ASM2.

In that case, lets hope they do with Megan Fox what Sony did with Emma Stone!

The Boston Ninja Turtle 04-23-2015 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky82 (Post 1447947)
Well if Nick can fit Turtles, Splinter, April, Casey, Shredder, Tiger Claw, Rahzar, Fishface, Bebop and Rocksteady Baxter and Karai in a 20 minute episode then Paramount won't have problems fitting, The Turtles, Splinter, April, Vern, Casey, Sachs, Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady, Baxter and Karai in a under 2 hour movie.

We won't know the running time a month before the movie comes out next year, hopefully it be longer than the 1st movie.

you are comparing a show who takes episodes to introduce characters and bring them back later to 1 movie with a certain run time that has to not only introduce all these new characters but have enough screen time to bring back everyone in the first film

4 turtles
splinter
shredder
sacks
karai
vern

plus

baxter
B&rR
casey

not to mention

vern model gf