The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Justice League Action coming to Cartoon Network (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=54386)

Autbot_Benz 01-29-2016 01:13 PM

Justice League Action coming to Cartoon Network

http://i68.tinypic.com/16h26ue.jpg

There’s a new DC Animated Series on the way… and this one’s all about the action. Justice League Action is a brand new, quarter-hour series from Warner Bros. Animation that will be coming soon to Cartoon Network.

Featuring the return of Kevin Conroy as Batman, the Dark Knight will join with Superman and Wonder Woman and the rest of DC’s iconic team of heroes in a series that promises to put the action back in heroics. Whether defending the Earth, facing invaders from space, or battling the bizarre forces of magic, the always-rotating team of Justice League heroes, are up to any challenge. Episodes will be eleven minutes in length, meaning that the action will be tightly-paced and exciting. And awesome!

Along with Conroy, Cartoon Network have announced that several other beloved DC Animated voice actors will be contributing to the series, including Mark Hamill as the Joker (!!!), James Woods as Lex Luthor, Diedrich Bader as Booster Gold and much more. Sam Register (Teen Titans Go!) will serve as executive producer with Butch Lukic (Justice League, Batman Beyond), Alan Burnett (Batman: The Animated Series) and Jim Krieg (Green Lantern: The Animated Series) serving as producers.

Justice League Action will join the popular Teen Titans Go! as the second ongoing DC Animated Series on Cartoon Network. No word yet on when it will be debuting, so be sure to follow DC Comics on Twitter for the premiere date as well as further news on Justice League Action as soon as its announced.

So what do you think? Ready for another dose of animated action? Share your thoughts and which heroes and villains you’re hoping to see below!

CyberCubed 01-29-2016 01:14 PM

So is this a comedy show too? Looks like it even if it'll have fighting.

Raph's Girl 01-29-2016 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1543403)
So is this a comedy show too? Looks like it even if it'll have fighting.

Possibly. Or at least in the same veign as the old Superfriends stuff. But hey Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamil together again!! :D

TurtleTitan97 01-29-2016 01:47 PM

Hope the show turns out well.

MikeandRaph87 01-29-2016 01:48 PM

A kiddie version of Justice League (2001-2006) in Nicktoon time increments? Wrong voice for Lex Luthor, but Kevin and Mark bring respectability to the project. The only thing this could do to grab my interest is to incorporate Bat Rouges as Justice League managed to only include Joker, Clayface, and Deadshot.

turtlefanforever 01-29-2016 02:09 PM

saw this earlier

Should bring back Krypto the superdog.

LeotheLateBloomer 01-29-2016 02:26 PM

I'm all for this! I'm actually digging the art style for this. It may look like it is aimed for a younger audience but it looks like it can be a great action series that may blend in both action and comedy. I'm gonna give this a shot! I think it's a good way to pull in kids to see the Justice League movie (assuming this series will be out before then).

sdp 01-29-2016 02:34 PM

I like the artwork but I kind of wanted something more in-line with the Batman Unlimited cartoons. Based on the description it doesn't seem like it's a comedy show. Counting episodes are 11 minutes in length I don't think we'll see super complicated plots but we could see recreations of a bunch of comic book battles that make no sense but are just cool fun short battles.

LeotheLateBloomer 01-29-2016 02:43 PM

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if DC comes out with yet another Batman cartoon.

snake 01-29-2016 02:51 PM

Hey, if it's 11 minute snippets of pure fights, I'm in.

CyberCubed 01-29-2016 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer (Post 1543445)
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if DC comes out with yet another Batman cartoon.

This is a Batman cartoon, more or less.

Cure 01-29-2016 03:18 PM

I'd rather hear new Batman and Joker voices.

CyberCubed 01-29-2016 03:22 PM

I don't think Kevin Conroy should be here either, this looks like a kids show probably with lots of slapstick humor. Conroy doesn't fit for this.

Its weird, they had a new Batman VA play him on The Batman, Brave and the Bold, Beware the Batman and the various DTV DC movies...yet they bring him back for this?

LeotheLateBloomer 01-29-2016 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cure (Post 1543461)
I'd rather hear new Batman and Joker voices.

Tired of Conroy and Hamill too, huh?

Leo656 01-29-2016 09:04 PM

Meh. Not sold, what with that runtime. Lot of people are saying it feels like they're aiming for the same crowd they went after with Teen Titans GO. I'll have to wait and see.

CyberCubed 01-29-2016 11:07 PM

11 minute episodes with chibi animation? Yeah, it definitely going to be a kids show. Which makes me wonder why they had Conroy come back to do this when his voice won't really fit a younger skewing Batman.

M.O.D.O.K. 01-29-2016 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1543574)
Meh. Not sold, what with that runtime. Lot of people are saying it feels like they're aiming for the same crowd they went after with Teen Titans GO. I'll have to wait and see.

That's also the same runtime Steven Universe and Adventure Time have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1543602)
11 minute episodes with chibi animation

That's not chibi.

CyberCubed 01-29-2016 11:59 PM

They look chibi to me. Wonder Woman and Batman especially. Superman is hard to tell because of the angle.

TurtleTitan97 01-30-2016 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1543609)
They look chibi to me.

I don't think you even know what chibi means, because these designs certainly aren't chibi.

CyberCubed 01-30-2016 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 (Post 1543611)
I don't think you even know what chibi means, because these designs certainly aren't chibi.

They look small and cuddly with big heads. That's chibi.

They don't have to look like Teen Titans Go designs to be chibi, this is another kind of chibi. But it is still chibi because they don't look like standard full grown designs so they are chibi. Very chibi.