The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Favourite mafia depictions (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57866)

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 05-01-2017 02:36 PM

Favourite mafia depictions
 
Which TMNT-version is your favourite when it comes to the turtles dealing with mafia? Which crime bosses do you like the most?

I't prefer the original 1987-1996 animiated series because it had so many (some of them coller than other) but I like mafia in all versions and except for Footclan, street gangs and extraterrestrials, the turtles operating in a Godfather-like environment is one of my favourite TMNT-aspects.

DestronMirage22 05-01-2017 02:41 PM

The Vol 3 mobsters (whose names escape me at the moment) were pretty cool.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 05-01-2017 02:53 PM

Big Tony Puzorelli, aka, Shadow Jones' biological grandfather.

DestronMirage22 05-01-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1680099)
Big Tony Puzorelli, aka, Shadow Jones' biological grandfather.

Ah! There we go.
Yeah, I thought he was a cool mobster/mafia type. Though his relationship with Shadow and the conflict it presented probably outweigh that.

neatoman 05-01-2017 02:59 PM

Don't have one, fairly forgettable when you have the Purple Dragons.

Powder 05-01-2017 03:40 PM

Big Louie & Big Tony.

FredWolfLeonardo 05-01-2017 04:13 PM

Don Turtelli and Vizioso

MikeandRaph87 05-01-2017 04:36 PM

Big Louie, a take on the Godfather. I found him to be fun yet effective. There is nothing inherently silly himself and he can be adapted if every given the opportunity. A rival mob of Beaver Cleaver was silly,but not Big Louie. The parody is done right.

Andrew NDB 05-01-2017 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1680099)
Big Tony Puzorelli, aka, Shadow Jones' biological grandfather.

This.

As a kid I always really wanted to see Puzorelli team with Tony Twist over in Spawn, as a precursor to a massive crossover. They're both in New York.

TigerClaw 05-01-2017 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1680112)
Don Turtelli and Vizioso

I second Don Turtelli


CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 05-01-2017 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1680109)
Big Louie & Big Tony.

Was Louie the one in "Cufflink Caper?"

The only one from Fred Wolf I remember is Turtelli... ye olde Foot Fetish Flatfoot.

MsMarvelDuckie 05-01-2017 08:10 PM

I'ma go with Big Louie. Though Turtelli was fun too. Tony "the Butcher" was another one I liked. But the Cleaver Gang was just silly.

I have always thought the Dracon mob from Gargoyles would fit well with the 4Kids TMNT. Actually have plans for including them in my crossover fic.

triplexxx 05-02-2017 02:37 PM

The big number of mob bosses in the 1987 show (Tony "Butcher" Vivaldi, Big Louie, Pinky McFingers, Don Turtelli, Wolf Jackson, Maddog McMutt, etc.) definitely added variety to the show, which is always beneficial.
That name Tony Vivaldi, sounds either like a real mafia boss's name or just a common Italian name, sounds like something I've heard many places before.

neatoman 05-02-2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1680122)
I second Don Turtelli


Is this a sexual fetish?

plastroncafe 05-02-2017 03:01 PM

Babyface Cleaver.

Andrew NDB 05-02-2017 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triplexxx (Post 1680290)
That name Tony Vivaldi, sounds either like a real mafia boss's name or just a common Italian name, sounds like something I've heard many places before.

It's a pretty popular font.

CyberCubed 05-04-2017 11:35 AM

All the mobsters are great.

Original cartoon has Big Louie, Pinky Mcfingers, Don Turtelli, Mad Dogg Mcmutt and others.

4kids series had those gangsters in City at War.

Nick cartoon has the fat mob boss with the flying chair.

Image had Shadow's real father and various other mobsters

IDW has Lupo and his gang.


I love seeing the Turtles take on organized crime. It's a nice change of pace from the Foot, aliens, mutants, robots, etc.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 05-04-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1680704)
All the mobsters are great.

Original cartoon has Big Louie, Pinky Mcfingers, Don Turtelli, Mad Dogg Mcmutt and others.

4kids series had those gangsters in City at War.

Nick cartoon has the fat mob boss with the flying chair.

Image had Shadow's real father and various other mobsters

IDW has Lupo and his gang.


I love seeing the Turtles take on organized crime. It's a nice change of pace from the Foot, aliens, mutants, robots, etc.

You brought TTN back with you, right? RIGHT?

FredWolfLeonardo 05-04-2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1680709)
You brought TTN back with you, right? RIGHT?

I had a feeling that either Cubed or Nines would come back with a radically different personality.

Cubed still sounds the same so my call is that the new Nines will be calm, lovey dovey, serene and best buddies with Cubed from now on.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 05-04-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1680713)
I had a feeling that either Cubed or Nines would come back with a radically different personality.

Cubed still sounds the same so my call is that the new Nines will be calm, serene and best buddies with Cubed from now on.

Naw, not gonna happen. Never. :tlol:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.